The Student Room Group

PLEASE TELL ME im not the only one who CANT REVISE?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
you not out tonight? :sexface:

its 2am where i live so i just got back...happy new years...what about u?
Original post by laurie:)
haha oooeeerr its just that my school is seriously old fashioned, and so are the teachers :rolleyes:
and i hope i will be out of there soon! (not that i hate the school - i actually enjoy school :eek: - i just hope i'll get into uni on my first try!) :biggrin:

yh i remember my school in london was really strict...i hated it....
Original post by cool_beans1993
its 2am where i live so i just got back...happy new years...what about u?

time zones >...>
Reply 183
yh i remember my school in london was really strict...i hated it....

what school did you go to? oh, and i do believe i am one of the few sixth formers still in uniform :mad: i HATE my uniform.
Have a friend with ADHD? Ask them for some of their meds. My friends are always asking for mine..
Or, just ask your doctor if you can get put on medicine. Concentration problems solved!
time zones >...>

yup ....what are u doing?

what school did you go to? oh, and i do believe i am one of the few sixth formers still in uniform :mad: i HATE my uniform.

umm some random private school cas i came in the middle of the year so couldnt get into grammer or local
i still have uniform :P but its like really chill its nothing too complicated :P
yup ....what are u doing?

going to sleep, or trying to at least.
Reply 187
umm some random private school cas i came in the middle of the year so couldnt get into grammer or local
i still have uniform :P but its like really chill its nothing too complicated :P

ahhh i tried to get into some private schools, but didn't gain a full scholarship so had to go to a state school :tongue: i'm only gonna say one thing about my uniform so you can understand the true disgustingness of it: MAROON BLAZER. :eek:
going to sleep, or trying to at least.

yh same...il talk to u tomoro its like 2am here or something i should sleep :P
gnite :P
xox
Reply 189
Original post by carolinealyece
Have a friend with ADHD? Ask them for some of their meds. My friends are always asking for mine..
Or, just ask your doctor if you can get put on medicine. Concentration problems solved!

please tell me you're joking?
if you're not... THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA! :biggrin:

...now, where to find someone with ADHD at this time of night...
Original post by diamonddust
LOL
This is me!
Except right now I'm getting my hair done..

LOL :colondollar:

Awwwww cool, I hope it turns out the way you want. :tongue:
please tell me you're joking?
if you're not... THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA! :biggrin:

...now, where to find someone with ADHD at this time of night...

Haha I'm not joking. I've been taking medication for the past 3 years and my grades went from all B's to all A's. It can be difficult to get diagnosed though, I had to go to a doctor and a psychiatrist and get all of my teachers to fill out forms about my grades and behavior in class but it was all worth it in the end. Well, it's only 5 o'clock here, but perhaps in the morning you could begin asking around! Just out of curiosity, how common is ADHD in the UK? It seems like almost a quarter of students in US take medication..it's most likely just over diagnosed, though.
Reply 192
Haha I'm not joking. I've been taking medication for the past 3 years and my grades went from all B's to all A's. It can be difficult to get diagnosed though, I had to go to a doctor and a psychiatrist and get all of my teachers to fill out forms about my grades and behavior in class but it was all worth it in the end. Well, it's only 5 o'clock here, but perhaps in the morning you could begin asking around! Just out of curiosity, how common is ADHD in the UK? It seems like almost a quarter of students in US take medication..it's most likely just over diagnosed, though.

i'm not sure of the actual figures, but i think that it is over diagnosed here too. i think at the moment there are a lot of children on medication - i've watched some programs claiming all different sources and everything. i think its just difficult to distinguish between a real sufferer of ADHD and a disruptive child. but i guess, if it helps the people who need it, it must be worth it in some way :tongue: but i'd never take someone else's medication - i've read way too many science journals and done too much work experience not to have the consequences sitting in the back of my mind :s-smilie:
Reply 193
Revise you lazy ****s.
You only have a couple weeks until the exams.
I've not started and I have 4 A2 exams in Jan. I just can't be bothered :/
such a relief to see im not the only one!
i want to get all A's, go onto do medicine...BUT cant be bothered to open any books...
i'm not sure of the actual figures, but i think that it is over diagnosed here too. i think at the moment there are a lot of children on medication - i've watched some programs claiming all different sources and everything. i think its just difficult to distinguish between a real sufferer of ADHD and a disruptive child. but i guess, if it helps the people who need it, it must be worth it in some way :tongue: but i'd never take someone else's medication - i've read way too many science journals and done too much work experience not to have the consequences sitting in the back of my mind :s-smilie:

Ah, I see. I was just wondering if I would be like the only person at uni who takes medication for it. And as for distinguishing between a real sufferer, that is the reason my parents didn't put on meds at a young age and waited until I was around 14. Well good luck anyway!
Happy new year guys from me :biggrin:......best of luck in all your endeavours and hope it all pays off! :smile: :smile:
Reply 198
Yep, you're not the only one. I have exams on the 10th and 12th. I tried to revise, but then I watched Kick-Ass.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 199
Ah, I see. I was just wondering if I would be like the only person at uni who takes medication for it. And as for distinguishing between a real sufferer, that is the reason my parents didn't put on meds at a young age and waited until I was around 14. Well good luck anyway!

ohhh you definately wouldn't be the only person taking medication for it i think, i mean, there are a lot of people at uni, so chances are, there are going to be some other people like you :smile: good luck too :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest