The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueray
Why dont people get a bigger branded phone for that much ?

For a while it's been the best phone up to £250. Now it's still probably the best thing up to £200 (Motorola Defy). You will not find anything anywhere near as good for £100-- £100 is peanuts for a smartphone, let alone one that was sold with an AMOLED screen. I suspect the phone is sold at a loss by Orange (who must be subsidising it?).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by aliluvschoc

Would I need class 6? Or is lower ok?

I'm afraid I don't know but I would have thought class 4 or 6 would be ok
Original post by wizard710
I'm afraid I don't know but I would have thought class 4 or 6 would be ok

OK thanks, I guess I'll see if I can get a class 6, if not 4 will do.
Reply 3043
OK thanks, I guess I'll see if I can get a class 6, if not 4 will do.

What do you need it for? Even class 2 suffices for HD recording and also unless you constantly need to move stuff around on your SD card there's no real need to go any higher than 4 really. Mines a 16gb Class 2 micro SD and it's been fine...
Original post by silent ninja
For a while it's been the best phone up to £250. Now it's still probably the best thing up to £200 (Motorola Defy). You will not find anything anywhere near as good for £100-- £100 is peanuts for a smartphone, let alone one that was sold with an AMOLED screen. I suspect the phone is sold at a loss by Orange (who must be subsidising it?).

Original post by purplefrog
which ones would you suggest for that price? Also bear in mind the specs for the Orange San Fran for £100, it certainly seems like a good deal. Can you recommend anything else?

Yeah i found loads of phones that are that price and just as good or better :biggrin:
Original post by blueray
Yeah i found loads of phones that are that price and just as good or better :biggrin:

May you give some examples please? Really need a new phone soon. :smile:
May you give some examples please? Really need a new phone soon. :smile:

get a blackberry curve or a lg touch screen one their good or a nokia n90 something :biggrin:
What's the best way to back up my phone (desire, 2.2)? Is there any that will keep literally everything... such as layout on my screens etc.

Ta
Just got my Desire :coma:

Got to charge it for 8 bloody hours though.
Original post by Installation

Original post by Installation
What's the best way to back up my phone (desire, 2.2)? Is there any that will keep literally everything... such as layout on my screens etc.

Ta

Have you rooted your phone?

Whats that???
Original post by Mad Vlad
I'd contact T-Mobile, tbh.

Original post by Kaph
Might want to ring them up about that.

Thanks guys I indeed called them up today and they said it was a mistake on their side, something about my phone not being registered as having a data plan while it did :yep:
Reply 3052
I've taken pictures of my homescreen and lockscreen, but how do I get them onto my desktop? I can share them to Facebook and Twitter, but it would be easier if I could just upload them to Facebook directly.

Is is still worth buying the phone (~£120 incl. topup) if it has the TFT screen instead?

Yes, it's definitely still worth buying the phone; I got it for Christmas and I'm really pleased with it! The screen is still very good indeed for the price, and I'm sure an Amoled screen wouldn't be massively better (unless you think it's worth a couple more hundred quid :wink:)

My dad has a HTC Desire and our phones stack up as being quite similar; his is faster and more responsive with a bigger and brighter screen, but there isn't a massive difference. You will also have access to almost all the apps on the Android Market, unlike the HTC Wildfire (another Android smartphone at around this price point)

The battery life's impressed me too, it lasted for two days under normal use (eg not playing Abduction for hours; I really shouldn't lend my phone to my brothers and sister...) and around one day with heavy internet use and game playing. It only takes a few hours to charge up too.

To be honest, I think it's a steal, and I love my Orange SF :biggrin:
Original post by JonCha

Original post by JonCha
I've taken pictures of my homescreen and lockscreen, but how do I get them onto my desktop? I can share them to Facebook and Twitter, but it would be easier if I could just upload them to Facebook directly.

I'm assuming you used some sort of screen grab app, if so then just plug your phone into your comp. If you want to do it without wires then try the facebook app. Not sure how the Nexus does it but unlike the custom UI's I doubt it by default has menus that let you upload straight to facebook.
Can someone tell me whats the best android phone out right now. Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire/HD, something else?
Original post by Jedders

Original post by Jedders
Can someone tell me whats the best android phone out right now. Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire/HD, something else?

IMO the Desire HD is the best atm (with a little bias :p: ) but it depends on what you want. If you want the google experience then the Nexus S is by far the best version if you want a more Apple like experience then Sense on the Desire is great. What factors are important for you?

Nope. Should've said before hehe.
Reply 3058
Original post by yoyo462001
IMO the Desire HD is the best atm (with a little bias :p: ) but it depends on what you want. If you want the google experience then the Nexus S is by far the best version if you want a more Apple like experience then Sense on the Desire is great. What factors are important for you?

I'd actually have to disagree, the SGS gives a much similar UI to iOS than the DHD although tbph I've not used the DHD that much but from what I've seen it's closer....:colondollar:
Reply 3059
Original post by Jedders

I'd recommend any of the HTC top end phones. Purely because HTC seems to 'know' how Android should work.

All of my experiences with Sony and Samsung Android phones have been quite choppy D:

The Nexus S does have some pretty nifty features though which'll probably become standard on most phones within the next year. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending