The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShiFty Kid
Anyone been paid yet or received their pay slip?

Yep, been paid :smile: that's the last holiday deposit paid for! Yay :biggrin:
Reply 7361
Got paid loads more than I expected :p: Good way to end the year :smile:
I need some advice.

Just checked my pay and all has been paid correctly for this month.

However, I still haven't been paid the £75 missing off my wage last month. I don't know what to do now, as I completed a wage query form at the time and the woman in HR said she would deal with it. That was about three weeks ago. I am not in work for two weeks now as I have leave booked, and the store is over an hour away, so I can't pop in to try and sort it out. What should I do?

I am annoyed to still be missing that money to be frank. Working 12 hours for nothing is a bit of a p*** take. :frown:
An update on messing me about with shifts:

Fobbed off with an apology. Great.
Original post by KatrinaLou
When it comes to the bank holiday premiums do you have to have worked there a set amount of time in order to qualify for it or do you only qualify if you work the bank hol as overtime and not regularly scheduled for that day?

I've only been working with Sainsburys since Dec 8th so this is my first pay from them. I don't have a pay slip yet but the money has gone in to my account but is much less than I expected (£10 less than expected without bank hol premium and £37 less than with premium) unless NI and Tax is that much but I don't think I should normally be liable for either (I do 16 hours).

there were no bank holidays for the 4 week period the pay slip is for, i thought?
Original post by inksplodge
there were no bank holidays for the 4 week period the pay slip is for, i thought?

Ditto. The cut off date for that pay slip was Christmas Day wasn't it? So, all the bank holidays will fall under the next pay slip date...

Still not sure what to do about my missing wages. I really thought they would sort it out in time for this pay day... :/
Working tonight, feeling terrible. Boxing day and new years day, harsh
Original post by drakesdrum
Working tonight, feeling terrible. Boxing day and new years day, harsh

i did that last year. pretty crap.

been awake for 10 hours. got another 12 til i can go to sleep. yep, i'm a real happy bunny.

i WILL find a new job this year, one with normal hours.
Reply 7368
Original post by FXX
It went to 20% one Easter but that was because we did really well over the Christmas period. Never know, might happen again this year.

For a weekend 8-)
Reply 7369
Original post by Bleak
Do we get paid paid this Friday? A colleague mentioned last year it was paid earlier at new year.

It was only paid early because payday happened to fall on a bank holiday.
Reply 7370
Original post by c101
Hey guys I went to sainsburys today and I noticed one of the cashier was having an arguement with 2 girls (customers.) To begin with it wasnt the cashiers fault as the girls were being so akward..but the cashier got REALLY akward back..but then she swore at the customers..what would happen to her? Her managers took her side saying she was provoked..lol still very unproffesional? I personally think the managers made the situation worse and they were very rowdy..lol

Whats meant to happen: The manager will talk to the cashier and tell her to not do it again. What really happens: The story will spread and everyone will laugh at the two girls.
Do you have to return the garment? Because I would like to take that home..
Reply 7372
Original post by affinity89
Not criticising you but rather the policy.

Getting your supervisor over is hard enough as it is. I have been stuck waiting for them for 5 minutes or so with a queue of customers before now - a few of them seem to ignore the till button thing, even when you press it a few times. I think it would probably be quicker to scan everything through 1 by 1 than get the supervisor over. It is a shame that they are taking the quantity function away though; some of the shoppers we have buy 5/6 of everything so it really speeds it all up...

By the way, what are 'bioptic scanners'? *having a stupid moment*

The "New" scanners. If your tills have two glass bits to scan, you have the scanners. We used to have these terrible block things that used to only scan when you put the barcode in the correct position, in a certain area of the actual reader.
So today, something happened which is making me a bit paranoid. Basically, at the end of the day when tills are locked and stuff, the supervisor asked someone to open my till and this one other till.. to count up, I assume?Then they like took the bit with all the money, coins etc away somewhere. Is this normal or do they only do this when they have suspicions or whatever? I obviously haven't done anything wrong, but I sometimes get get worried that I've been making mistakes when giving change back etc (although I don't think I have been).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7374
Any idea when our discount goes back down to 10%? x
Original post by tubbsy
Any idea when our discount goes back down to 10%? x

its 15% until 5th january, so i am assuming 00.00 on the 6th!
Reply 7376
Original post by inksplodge
its 15% until 5th january, so i am assuming 00.00 on the 6th!

Thank youuuuuuuuu
Got my first shining star today :biggrin:

Just because the baker and confectioner both didn't turn up so my other colleague and I had to tray up, bake off and get out the freezer the stuff we needed while we waited for our manager to come in and bake the bread. Also got a lot of Christmas stock 70% off, well chuffed. Most of the stock was gone before the store opened mind because all the staff had claimed it all!
ha!

i don't think anyone on our night shift has ever got a shining star. how rude..
Yeah it seems the night shift staff are perennially ignored. Always annoys me seeing the notice board with a poster with a day shift person next to the flowers and the boss saying how amazing it is. The guy on nights who does it doesn't get a mention!

Latest

Trending

Trending