The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
we need to win today ... not draw ...

I think maximum effort needs to be given tonight..and pray for blackpool
Reply 342
Original post by MrEboueEmmanuel
How come whenever Man Utd get one decision against them, they get like 10 for them?

What were the 10 then? Neville should have been sent off but both sides had a clear penalty, so I count 1 decision for us.
Reply 343
I can't wait for Ramsay's return. He was absolutely outstanding last year, very similar to Wilshere this season.

I wonder who the manager would prefer if both were fit?
Original post by In2deep
I can't wait for Ramsay's return. He was absolutely outstanding last year, very similar to Wilshere this season.

I wonder who the manager would prefer if both were fit?

I think Wilshere right now because we know he can produce this season. Ramsey is more of a liability atm. Having said that, I expect both players to be given game time.

Wrt United's game today, both sides had a clear penalty deicision denied, but the crucial difference was that Neville should have been red carded early on in the first half. 11 vs 10, West Brom wouldn't have lost that, I think we can be fairly certain.

If that was a West Brom RB taking down Rooney before he shoots in a 1v1, he'd have been off in a flash, and we all know it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 345
Eight changes made :rofl2:
Original post by milkytea
I think Wilshere right now because we know he can produce this season. Ramsey is more of a liability atm. Having said that, I expect both players to be given game time.

I agree but I wonder if Ramsey at his peak may overtake Wilshere. He was playing at a higher level than Wilshere last season before the injury. What do you think?
Original post by Complex Simplicity
I agree but I wonder if Ramsey at his peak may overtake Wilshere. He was playing at a higher level than Wilshere last season before the injury. What do you think?

Absolutely; well both players have shown enormous potential, but Ramsey seemed like an especially class act at times last season. In honesty though, we shouldn't yet get our hopes up about him because we can't be sure how this injury will have affected him. The important thing is that he gets enough time to reprove himself, at which point we will be better placed to judge him against Wilshere. But at the moment, and in the near future, it would have to be Wilshere starting in an important match over Ramsey imo.
Original post by milkytea
Absolutely; well both players have shown enormous potential, but Ramsey seemed like an especially class act at times last season. In honesty though, we shouldn't yet get our hopes up about him because we can't be sure how this injury will have affected him. The important thing is that he gets enough time to reprove himself, at which point we will be better placed to judge him against Wilshere. But at the moment, and in the near future, it would have to be Wilshere starting in an important match over Ramsey imo.

Fair enough I see were your coming from. I just really hope both fulfil their potential :smile:
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Fair enough I see were your coming from. I just really hope both fulfil their potential :smile:

Me too:smile:

Horrible tackle on Cesc just now... ffs...

About the team selection... just shows cos the side that played at Wigan was basically what is now our substitute team, but it was still stronger than the one we fielded at the Camp Nou. Whether that marks progress or horrific injury lists at the end of last season I don't know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 350
break their faces please
Reply 351
It wasn't that bad, a yellow yes but definitely not a red. About as dangerous as Bowyer's against us.
Original post by Louis.
It wasn't that bad, a yellow yes but definitely not a red. About as dangerous as Bowyer's against us.

Yeah I don't think it warranted a red either, but it was a challenge that was more dangerous than most.

Yay RVP :biggrin:
Reply 353
Rubbish ref!
Reply 354
So the "victmised by refs" theory has lost some weight today, has it not? Free kick that you scored from shouldn't have been given and Birmingham have had a clear penalty.
Reply 355
Birmingham really are a horrible team (to watch), aren't they?
Please be nice and bruised for Wednesday :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 357
missed the game so far. How we been playing?
Reply 358
Original post by Louis.
So the "victmised by refs" theory has lost some weight today, has it not? Free kick that you scored from shouldn't have been given and Birmingham have had a clear penalty.

I was actually talking about the yellow card to Djourou. We didn't get a penalty against Wigan, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
And for the record, I don't hark on about victimisation by refs.
Reply 359
Original post by vn2009
missed the game so far. How we been playing?

We should be 3-0 up and I've only watched the last 10mins lol. RVP had a bit of a light-headed moment and there have been a couple of almost-connections in front of goal. Pitch quality might be playing into this a bit.

Latest