The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

Original post by Dinendal Leralonde
Shouldn't you have started that yesterday so there was no chance of you being late? :p:

no, I wasn't late. was perfectly on time and a fun time was had by all
Happy New Year everyone
New Year's Resolution: Post here. I'm Steph, by the way :smile:

Happy new year :biggrin:
Yay! New members :smile:
2011: the year when Muse take a break and write their album hence NO GIGS :frown:
I've never been to a gig anyway which is depressing in itself :tongue:

It's good that they're writing an album though, at least it's not just a random break. :smile:
Original post by Contrad!ction.

Original post by Contrad!ction.
I've never been to a gig anyway which is depressing in itself :tongue:

It's good that they're writing an album though, at least it's not just a random break. :smile:

any gig at all or just muse gigs? either way you're in for a treat when you see them live
Original post by museobsessed
any gig at all or just muse gigs? either way you're in for a treat when you see them live

no gig ever. Of course, I've watched videos of them live, got HAARP/Hullabaloo but I'd love to see them. :colondollar:

Only thing I can think of in any way that is at all similar (it really isn't :P) is the Royal Air Force in Concert that we do brochure/flag selling for and then watch the second half of the concert. I've done that 3 years running but I guess it's nowhere near the same atmosphere. :tongue:
Fair enough
Hopefully muse will pull out some festival slots or something... (I need to see them otherwise my once a year for 5 years streak has finished. :frown:)
My 16 year streak of having not seen them is longer but unimpressive. :tongue:

And that site is win. ^
Original post by hothedgehog
Hopefully muse will pull out some festival slots or something... (I need to see them otherwise my once a year for 5 years streak has finished. :frown:)

efestivals, who tend to be right about these things, have them down as a very strong rumour for Reading/Leeds this year. Tee bee haitch though, even Muse wouldn't get me to enter the hell hole that is Reading again (from my experience Leeds is much better).
Original post by JohnnySPal
efestivals, who tend to be right about these things, have them down as a very strong rumour for Reading/Leeds this year. Tee bee haitch though, even Muse wouldn't get me to enter the hell hole that is Reading again (from my experience Leeds is much better).

If they did I might enter Leeds but having seen Radiohead at Reading in the squash pit I wouldn't go again to see a main headliner. Day tickets are so expensive too.
Original post by hothedgehog
If they did I might enter Leeds but having seen Radiohead at Reading in the squash pit I wouldn't go again to see a main headliner. Day tickets are so expensive too.

Yeah we probably spoke about this soon after the festival. I crowdsurfed out during the subheadliner Bloc Party, a band I hate anyway, because of the crush. Also, there are a lot of fools at Reading who care more about seeing their face on the big screen (and therefore BBC3) than the bands, which is ridiculous. Also, the ground in front of the main stage is in desperate need of recovery as a bouncing crowd will result in something akin to a sandstorm. Also, the Sunday night fires were particularly bad.

:muse:
I quite enjoyed sunday night afterwards, just had a chilled wander round at some of the less crazy fires but musically, bunch of ***** and a poor lineup at reaading and leeds...
epic Karen pictures for a bit of a break:

Spoiler

awesome Muse related news
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/muse-plan-gig-space
how cool would that be?!
Original post by museobsessed
awesome Muse related news
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jan/04/muse-plan-gig-space
how cool would that be?!

Yet another Muse gig I'll more than likely not be able to afford to go to!

But it would be awesome. So so awesome.
The Guardian will publish anything. It's official.

Quick Reply

Latest