The Student Room Group

The age of consent should be lowered to 13.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
What on Earth are you doing with a 13-year-old?
Reply 121
Original post by Jarlsberg
Sometimes I wish I could be 5 again....

Yeah...so do I. (nostalgic sigh emanates, despite cynicism that one is being patronised)
Yeah, but how many people here actually lost their virginity younger than 16? Lots. At the end of the day, it doesn't make any difference what the age of consent is. 13 year olds will continue to drink, smoke and have sex regardless. Thats life. But OP, yous a kiddy fiddler boy.
Reply 123
Original post by boba
hm no but that's not what its meant to do its meant to protect chldren from adults taking advantage of them. if a 13year old has sex with a 14 year old no one cares and no ones exactly going to come and arrest them its so that if say a 50 year old tricks a 13 year old into sex they can be prosecuted..

edit: so I'd say no it shouldn't be lowered to 13 because if people under the age of consent want to have sex with each other they can anyway all lowering the age would do would make it seem to some older people that it was acceptable to have sex with people that young. I often tell people I'm 15 and they leave me alone straight away but if I said I was 16 or my real age they wouldn't and in reality theres not really a big difference between a 15 year old and a 16 year old; only the age of consent and the possibility of them going to jail.

Yes there is. A 15-year-old should be in compulsory education. A 16-year-old person can be in sixth form or have left school. And becoming of age has a psychological impact; the person will mature a lot (usually) because they fell more like an adult.
Original post by WhuTom
What on Earth are you doing with a 13-year-old?

I'm guessing he weren't helping her with homework :eek:
13 ffs

This has to be a troll
Because a 13 year old is still a child.
Original post by SaturnVengeance
It's stupid and pointless to lock someone up because they had sex with a teenager. It's stupid, teens have sex with teens and adults have sex with adults, so why can't adults have sex with teens? Hell I have several friends who could go to prison for having sex with their 13-17 year old girlfriends, just because they are 18-21 years old. Hell right now I'm interested in a woman who is 17, but we wouldn't legally be able to have sex because I'm 18. My last girlfriend was 13 years old, and that was when I was 18 also. It's just a really stupid rule. There are people who have gone to prison and are registered sex offenders because they had sex with the person who is currently their wife, but they weren't when they had sex. Technically it's not pedophilia if they are 13 or older, so it has nothing to do with pedophilia. In some US states you can get married at 13. It's just a pointless law that puts good people behind bars. At 13 they are a teenager and able to make their own decisions. Who else would like the age of consent to be lowered to 13?

I think 16 is low enough 13 isn't right our bodies aren't developed enough and anyway why would you have sex with someone in year 8/year 9???
13 is ridiculous and I think you're a troll. I do honestly think that it should be lowered to 15 though.

On another note though some 13/14 year old girls in my area are always hanging around with the 18-21 year old guys (both chavs by the way) and they are trying to hook up with them. It's sick but they do it anyway.

On my 18th birthday when I was in a club, I was talking to a girl that I thought was gorgeous. If I didn't have a gf I would of been interested and something may of happened. I found out the next day that she was 14. I was pretty disgusted by how I felt but nobody would of guessed she was 14. She was as tall as me in heels (5''10) and must of had at least D breasts. There was nothing unnatural about my attraction to her, she clearly looked like a woman. I have no idea how she even got into the club and she was clearly coming on to me. My only point being there are some younger girls that have some sort of sexual appetite. They may just be attention seeking though and it shouldn't be indulged. Even if I had been single once I found out her age it would of been over.

A friend of mine tried to go to the police about his 13 year old sister being in a relationship with an 18 year old guy, They said that it literally never even goes to trial because if it's a relationship the girl isn't going to admit to anything happening. Even with the 5 year difference they said they couldn't do anything. They said they would only step in if he was 20 :s-smilie: and people wonder why the teenage pregnancy rate is so high. My friend's dad and his friends sorted it out anyway and I sincerely hope your ''girlfriend's'' dad does the same to you.
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
I was pretty disgusted by how I felt but nobody would of guessed she was 14. She was as tall as me in heels (5''10) and must of had at least D breasts.

LOL at the idea that bigger cup size = older.
No, it shouldn't.
When I was 17, my friend's 13 year old sister developed a huge crush on me and I had to get him involved because it's just wrong IMO (she also took it way too far after I kept repeatedly rejecting her, properly stalking me to the point where I almost got the police involved). We're good mates now though, but I really cannot comprehend why anyone would want to be in a relationship let alone have sex with someone that young. :confused:
Original post by alicebytemperley

Imagine going to a care home and finding all the octogenarian babes with Jordan-sized breasts :drool:
Original post by i.am.lost
Imagine going to a care home and finding all the octogenarian babes with Jordan-sized breasts :drool:

Hahaha!

"That's right, they really DO get bigger with age!"
"I've been waiting for my wife's 100th birthday. She's now a K cup!"
Reply 134
Original post by morecambebay
What country are you talking about, in the UK there is nothing wrong with an 18yr old and a 17yr old. The 13yr old thing is just perverted though, i mean seriously...girls are just about starting their periods then, they aren't exactly fully grown.

completely agree, how can you possibly even consider going out with a 13 year old when your 18 and could at least get a 16 year old.
It's stupid and pointless to lock someone up because they had sex with a teenager. It's stupid, teens have sex with teens and adults have sex with adults, so why can't adults have sex with teens? Hell I have several friends who could go to prison for having sex with their 13-17 year old girlfriends, just because they are 18-21 years old. Hell right now I'm interested in a woman who is 17, but we wouldn't legally be able to have sex because I'm 18. My last girlfriend was 13 years old, and that was when I was 18 also. It's just a really stupid rule. There are people who have gone to prison and are registered sex offenders because they had sex with the person who is currently their wife, but they weren't when they had sex. Technically it's not pedophilia if they are 13 or older, so it has nothing to do with pedophilia. In some US states you can get married at 13. It's just a pointless law that puts good people behind bars. At 13 they are a teenager and able to make their own decisions. Who else would like the age of consent to be lowered to 13?

What an utter moron!
Original post by alicebytemperley

Did I say that ? I simply stated multiple reasons why I believed she was older. Never mind the blatant fact that she was in an over 18 club.

I would of believed her if she told me she was 21.

If guys asked every girl in a club if they might be 14 they would never get anywhere. You want me to ask every girl I meet for ID ?
Let's be honest, I sincerely doubt most 16 year olds are responsible enough to be able to concent to sex. Never mind 13 year olds. Besides the law is there to protect minors doing this would be to condone paedophillia.
It's stupid and pointless to lock someone up because they had sex with a teenager.

Urm well everyone else has picked up the 17/18 thing... Surely they wouldn't lock you up for having sex?
Reply 139
a 13 year old? Can't you get a girlfriend your own age? They're 2 years out of primary school!
And yes, lets lower it and put the country in more debt- dealing with more teen pregnancies

Quick Reply

Latest