The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I keep having dreams about having to wait in line for the letter... It is really thick and has about two or three pages of ads... I also get about three booklets that I need to fill in by the end of the day to be pooled... I am praying for a thick letter... Actually praying!
Reply 101
Original post by CKEY
It could be worse guys- my birthday is the 6th and i d say its rejection LOL x can u change college in any way even after u receive offer from one college?

My birthday is on the 6th too :biggrin:

Lets just hope it'll be a good one :colondollar:
Reply 102
Original post by CKEY
It could be worse guys- my birthday is the 6th and i d say its rejection LOL x can u change college in any way even after u receive offer from one college?

My birthday is the 4th which is the first day of post this year. When I first applied I was told that you got the letter the first post day of 2011 (I obviously know that that is a lie now) but it's not a great feeling to think that the most memorable 18th birthday present is a rejection :frown:

I hope that it goes well for you and that it's an 18th to remember for a good reason! xxx
Reply 103
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Why would you want to change college?

And NO unless you get pooled, in which case they select a college for you.

Oh no i really dont want to change but one of my friends really doesnt want to stay in hers as there is no ensuites? or something silly like that . . . .kinda pointless IMO but shes hung up about it now .
Reply 104
Original post by shannon14
I keep having dreams about having to wait in line for the letter... It is really thick and has about two or three pages of ads... I also get about three booklets that I need to fill in by the end of the day to be pooled... I am praying for a thick letter... Actually praying!

I see your in Ireland too . . . that prob means with An Post we'll be waiting weeks for it to arrive LOL I had my interview letter lost by them!! Praying this one does gt lost please!!!!!!
Reply 105
And I spent my 18th birthday on my own travelling down to Cambridge for my interview. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I found out the date. That's one birthday I won't ever forget :tongue:
Reply 106
Original post by CKEY
I see your in Ireland too . . . that prob means with An Post we'll be waiting weeks for it to arrive LOL I had my interview letter lost by them!! Praying this one does gt lost please!!!!!!

Yeah! Conas atá tu? An Post are so unreliable it is scary right now!!! But, I have informed my postwoman that I need to get that letter into my hand! I have given her my phone number so she can call me when she gets it so I can go to the post office to collect it!

LOST YOUR INTERVIEW INVITE???? Oh My God! I would freak out! How long did it take them to bring it to you?
Reply 107
I can only speak for Robinson -- my offer letter was quite thick, because it contained the offer letter, as well as a few forms for me to fill in and send back, and a couple of pages of information about replying to the offer, etc. I imagine a rejection letter would be quite thin, as these forms wouldn't be needed, and a pool letter might be similarly thin (or maybe a bit thicker), because details of a pool interview will need to be given.
Reply 108
Original post by shannon14
Yeah! Conas atá tu? An Post are so unreliable it is scary right now!!! But, I have informed my postwoman that I need to get that letter into my hand! I have given her my phone number so she can call me when she gets it so I can go to the post office to collect it!

LOST YOUR INTERVIEW INVITE???? Oh My God! I would freak out! How long did it take them to bring it to you?

Yes! i had to call them since it said to call if i had you hear nothing after some date in DEC and they were like u never replied and i said i never got anyhting!! uh !! Thats so cute i dont even no who my post person is i dont think i have ever seen him/her! LOl good luck anyway x x x i hope everyone here gts what they want x
Reply 109
Ha ha! She is one of my neighbours so I know her pretty well! And now she is going to be either my favourite or least favourite person in the world... Thanks... I really hope that I get in! I hope that we all get in!!! I'm so scared!
My letter was pretty thick, and slightly bigger than normal size.
Original post by nuodai
I can only speak for Robinson -- my offer letter was quite thick, because it contained the offer letter, as well as a few forms for me to fill in and send back, and a couple of pages of information about replying to the offer, etc. I imagine a rejection letter would be quite thin, as these forms wouldn't be needed, and a pool letter might be similarly thin (or maybe a bit thicker), because details of a pool interview will need to be given.

Thank you! I applied to Robinson, so hopefully it'll be the same sort of letter. :smile: Ugh, but now I'm just imagining the horror of it being a really thin letter. :cry2:

How's life at Robinson, then? Overall views? :cool:
It seemed like a kinda laidback, friendly place when I was there for my interview, and there were ducks around with little quotations attached, which I thought was lovely! :grin:
Reply 112
Original post by redbeanmochi
How's life at Robinson, then? Overall views? :cool:
It seemed like a kinda laidback, friendly place when I was there for my interview, and there were ducks around with little quotations attached, which I thought was lovely! :grin:

Me and my friends put those ducks out! The porters were baffled. Anyway yes, Robinson's very nice, laid back and friendly as you said... you learn to love the brick and hate St John's before long.
Original post by nuodai
Me and my friends put those ducks out! The porters were baffled. Anyway yes, Robinson's very nice, laid back and friendly as you said... you learn to love the brick and hate St John's before long.

Ducks in Robinsons :hmmm:
Ugh, I wish I could just wake up on th 6th... :nothing:

Hey, apparently the letter tends to be (at least a bit) thicker if it's an acceptance. Just thought I'd pass that on... not sure if you wanted to know... :bebored:
Reply 115
Original post by cpdavis
Ducks in Robinsons :hmmm:

Not as many as Emma of course... and these ones were plastic. But we have real ducks in the pond in the gardens too.
Original post by nuodai
Not as many as Emma of course... and these ones were plastic. But we have real ducks in the pond in the gardens too.

BTW, what made you choose Robinson? What did you think about all the red brick? It irritated me so much :tongue:
Original post by nuodai

Thanks for the confirmation! :smile: I only met one or two students, so I wasn't sure.

Plus, I never disliked the brick, so I'm halfway there! :wink:
Reply 118
Original post by cpdavis
BTW, what made you choose Robinson? What did you think about all the red brick? It irritated me so much :tongue:

I wanted to go to a new-ish college as opposed to a really old one, so my options were pretty much Robinson, Churchill, Fitz, Homerton, Selwyn and Girton. Homerton, Girton, Churchill and Fitz were too far out, and for some reason Robinson won me over more than Selwyn. I was also impressed when I went on the open day, particularly with the accommodation, catering stuff and bar... so I applied there. As for the brick, I really didn't mind... it adds character.
This is the same year after year. There should be a sticky saying: IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN ANYTHING.

Example: Queens' acceptance letters last year were thinner than a wafer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending