The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Aw maaaaaan I just want one offer! Every time I get an e-mail I start panicking :frown:
Original post by Vitamin D
Aw maaaaaan I just want one offer! Every time I get an e-mail I start panicking :frown:

Haha, Same!

Once I have one offer, I can relax a little, but I've heard nothing from my 5 uni's so far and I've just convinved myself that I'm going to get no offers! :redface:.

Don't know what I'll do if my first reply is a rejection! :redface: :biggrin:
Original post by alexa2101
I think that waiting for unis to get back to you is how we learn how to be patient in life... at least thats what I keep telling myself so I don't throw the computer out of the window. Why do they make us wait so, WHY?

/rant

This! I can't bear the wait! I went shopping in Westfields- WESTFIELDS! The most amazing shopping centre ever! And guess what I was doing in between shops? Checking track on my iPhone. :sigh: There's no hope for me! No hope! It's driving me mad seeing blanks from UEA and RHUL when they're the unis I want offers from the most. Gah. I don't like stupid Christmas and stupid bank holidays! I demand bank holiday Monday and general New Year's festivities be cancelled so someone will be sitting in the admissions office to read my application! Damn the admissions tutors actually having, like, lives and shiz! Don't they know we're slowly (or not so slowly in my case!) going mad? I have a feeling I'm going to regret wanting news so desperately from UEA when I actually get it... my pessimism is screaming that they're going to reject me. I JUST WANT TO FRIGGING KNOW!! :rant:

And breathe... I swear these rants are weekly occurrences! Sorry guys! Feel free to rant even more than me! It's cathartic! :tongue:
Reply 1603
I'm really worried....waiting on a letter from Edge Hill with my interview date/time on...was meant to be here by December 23rd :s-smilie: :s-smilie:.
Luckily I already have my interview date/time for Manchester! Just three more to hear from now!
Reply 1604
Hellooo!

The impatience has also brought me to this threat :biggrin: I've sent applications for medicine to Leeds, Edinburgh, Hull York, St. Georges and biochemistry for Dundee. Anybody received anything i.e. e-mails? Or anything on UCAS Track?

Anybody got any ideas to when they would be replying?

Thanks!
Reply 1605
Don't suppose anyone knows roughly when the admissions people will be returning from their holidays (and so it isn't completely pointless to check track)? I'm going mad here!
Original post by rachiesy
Don't suppose anyone knows roughly when the admissions people will be returning from their holidays (and so it isn't completely pointless to check track)? I'm going mad here!

I would assume after new years, so Tuesday 4th if you count the bank holiday?

I know that York isn't re-opening till then as they sent an email out to all applicants.
Original post by rachiesy

I checked out UEA last night and term starts on the 16th so I assume that's when the admissions people come back... seems a bit late though! all I know is they'd damn well better look at my application first then look at the people who applied on the deadline! I know it's equal consideration and all that but how can any uni give offers before the deadline if it's really the case? They have my portfolio already and they'd have to go through the rigmarole of syphoning through the applicants and asking the ones they shortlist for a portfolio and waiting for the applicants to send in their portfolios when they have mine, already waiting for an admissions officer to look at...
/off topic
I know UEA's term starts late Jan but I don't know about other unis!
Reply 1608
I think the people come back on the 4th....just emailed Edge Hill and I was told they're back in office on the 4th!

Also...I've got another interview ^^!
I only have confirmations :c The waiting's not that bad though, cause

a) I only submitted a week before Christmas, so no one is there to look at my application anyway.

b) All of my choices ask for portfolio innteviews, so I won't be getting offers anyway.

ANYWAY. Doesn't make it any less stressful XD
Original post by caiitlinz
I only have confirmations :c The waiting's not that bad though, cause

a) I only submitted a week before Christmas, so no one is there to look at my application anyway.

b) All of my choices ask for portfolio innteviews, so I won't be getting offers anyway.

ANYWAY. Doesn't make it any less stressful XD

My courses are the same, but waiting is still driving me mad.
Crazy is my new nickname :wink: lack of sleep is the second one...

waiting is bad enough but waiting without having anything to do is worse... I have so much time to think about waiting that time stands still...
Original post by nikki-jones2009
what have you applied for? i like your work btw

Thank you c: I'm applying for Computer Arts (Abertay), General Foundation Art (Dundee), Digital Interaction Design (also Dundee), Multimedia Technology and Design (Brunel) and Art and Design (New Media) at the GSA.
(edited 13 years ago)
Thank you c: I'm applying for Computer Arts (Abertay), General Foundation Art (Dundee), Digital Interaction Design (also Dundee), Multimedia Technology and Design (Brunel) and Art and Design (New Media) at the GSA.

thats a right mixture!!
Me.going.so.crazy.lost.the.use.of.the.English.language... :woo:

Arrrrgh! I can't actually do this anymore... I'm going craaaaazy!
How long does it take for someone to read my work and reject me/give me an offer? :crazy:
I'm having the worst day ever and an offer in the next week would actually make me happy. Gah.
Original post by nikki-jones2009
thats a right mixture!!

Yep XD There aren't very many courses of the type in the UK, and I wanted a bit of variety so I didn't have to make my mind up straight away >__>
Yep XD There aren't very many courses of the type in the UK, and I wanted a bit of variety so I didn't have to make my mind up straight away >__>

i c ic. y wt do u wanna do after uni?
I can't wait till Weds! It will mean the Uni's will be back so each day I *could* get a reply!!

I just want to get into Uni!! I really don't want too pay increased fee's next year or have ANOTHER year of doing very little!!

PLEASE GOD LETM E GO TO UNI! :P
All I want is one offer. After that I really don't care.
I just want to get to Uni. I feel incomplete without some progression in my life.
My predicted grades suck, they don't reflect what I am currently achieving but I guess the first year is a fair estimate - so I can't complain. Reference probably sucks too, Personal statement is really strong though. We shall see what happens.

Uni's received my application on the 22nd of December. Haven't got my welcome letter but logged into track through the Forgot ID function on the site.
Original post by Blacked Out
All I want is one offer. After that I really don't care.
I just want to get to Uni. I feel incomplete without some progression in my life.
My predicted grades suck, they don't reflect what I am currently achieving but I guess the first year is a fair estimate - so I can't complain. Reference probably sucks too, Personal statement is really strong though. We shall see what happens.

Uni's received my application on the 22nd of December. Haven't got my welcome letter but logged into track through the Forgot ID function on the site.

Good luck! I'm sure you will get offers! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending