The Student Room Group

Wtf am I to him?- he didnt even wish me a merry xmas boohoo.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LukeNunn
He's blatantly hurt and not over you.

Suppose you loved/fancied/had-feelings-for him and he rejected you, would you feel happy talking about someone who fancies him? No.

Id say he's fustrated that you can like someone else but not him; whats he done wrong? Whys this other guy better? etc.. And because he knows you so well he might even be subcontiously scared for you; what if this new guys disrespectful and doesn't treat you well?

All these things could be confusing and upsetting him at the moment.. and the only way he'l get over it is by loosing contact with you and therefore losing his feelings for you. Then maybe you could become friends again.

OR he can realise whats happening, accept that theres plenty of woman out there for him, that your not the only one and you can both become friends again :smile:

Though id say a part of him would always wonder why you dont like him like 'that'.

..Or not :P

Obviously I know not to bring up other dudes that I might have feeling for to him. The guy im talking about in my thread is a friend of ours who also has liked me for a long time, my friend knows I dont have feelings for him like that he knows that for a fact that I dont like this guy at all, so he has no reason to be hurt.
Original post by Breedlove
I don't think he's playing a trick. He was interested but got turned down so he's moved on. He no longer wants to just be good friends and anything physical is out of the window apparently. Like TS said, he's going out with other chicks. Smart guy in that respect.

I wouldn't want to continue a friendship knowing that the feelings on either side are not equal either. No games, just not wanting to waste time on someone who can't give you what you want.

I dont think he's playing games either, or is trying to hurt me, he just doesn't care.
That's why im pissed, if he ever tries talking to me again im going to explode, i hope i dont see him in person. Use to love this dude, now I hate him. I want to knock him out.
Reply 42
Original post by xobeauty
I dont think he's playing games either, or is trying to hurt me, he just doesn't care.
That's why im pissed, if he ever tries talking to me again im going to explode, i hope i dont see him in person. Use to love this dude, now I hate him. I want to knock him out.

He reminds me of myself. :frown:
He reminds me of myself. :frown:

:frown: you guys suck.
You wouldnt even make an effort to at least say hi?...just because a girl rejected you? And not just any girl, a long time friend, one that would take a mother****in bullet for you? :mad:
Reply 44
:frown: you guys suck.
You wouldnt even make an effort to at least say hi?...just because a girl rejected you? And not just any girl, a long time friend, one that would take a mother****in bullet for you? :mad:

I didn't get rejected or anything, just stopped talking to people and distanced myself from them massively.
I didn't get rejected or anything, just stopped talking to people and distanced myself from them massively.

Well, I wish it was that easy for me. How could you do that to people who care about you? You know good friends are hard to come by, so why push them away to side. Like hello, do you think it's easy for me to hear about all these other girls? hell no, but I suck it up because I still want to be there for him and be the one he could always talk to about anything- and the ****in dude cant do the same for me???- I dont even expect him to talk to me everyday like we use to, just a simple hello--------im being sensitive.

lmao..seriously.....it's his loss, he knows im one in a millie. If he's playing games right now, the jokes on him because Im starting not to care.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
People change. Out of my 3 best friends that I've known for 9 years, one stopped talking to me and forgot my birthday (even though she's been invited a week beforehand), second acts as if she's never known me, and the third moved to USA. I know it's difficult but you have no other choice than to get over it. :smile:
Reply 47
Well, I wish it was that easy for me. How could you do that to people who care about you? You know good friends are hard to come by, so why push them away to side. Like hello, do you think it's easy for me to hear about all these other girls? hell no, but I suck it up because I still want to be there for him and be the one he could always talk to about anything- and the ****in dude cant do the same for me???- I dont even expect him to talk to me everyday like we use to, just a simple hello--------im being sensitive.

lmao..seriously.....it's his loss, he knows im one in a millie. If he's playing games right now, the jokes on him because Im starting not to care.

@ the last part, smart attitude to take. It is his loss, you're unique and you shouldn't care at all (a bit ruthless nonetheless).

@ the first paragraph, for me personally, I got bored with the friendship we had and the pretty regular fights to be honest (one friendship in particular). It got to the point the pros were not worth the cons, maybe that was the same for your friend. I'm pretty aloof naturally so I could be nothing like your friend.
Reply 48
he had expectations and wanted to be lovey dovey, he prole does still care about you, but he knows how to say stuff that seems cold and distant. he needs to back out-- withdraw and as you say "he's moved on" but maybe hasn't fully got over you yet so needs to-- restart the friendship as lesser friends and build up to bestfriends.

doubt the guy's been in this situation before-- must be real awkward approaching and acting in this situation.

anyways perhaps he was more needy, of a relationship and emotional/ romantic attachment rather than love per say. and now that you're gone or like not a viable partner anymore he needs to go back into friendzone-- for him there was potential for more.

he shouldn't really be a douche lol, but it is awkward. but guy continues to be a douche then it's prole best to back off. completely.

mending bridges doesn't always happen right away like if you don't see him. you might never see him again. but if you were in a position to be both perhaps willing to mend things-- as in he stopped being a douche and then slowly be better to you and you to him-- friends again. months even years..? time..

personally if i could take a bullet for someone at one point, even if i hated them now or hate that i love 'em (even as a friend) then i could always take a bullet for 'em.

maybe you two need to fight it out-- have an arguement or smtn den let it sort out itself.... or let it be.

--
damn i've typed so much crap at 3am XD
---

and yeh it depends all on him, and his personality and how much if, and how far he fell for you lol, if he's deep maybe he's like above or like maybe he can get over it quite quickly..
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dunnoy
he had expectations and wanted to be lovey dovey, he prole does still care about you, but he knows how to say stuff that seems cold and distant. he needs to back out-- withdraw and as you say "he's moved on" but maybe hasn't fully got over you yet so needs to-- restart the friendship as lesser friends and build up to bestfriends.

doubt the guy's been in this situation before-- must be real awkward approaching and acting in this situation.

anyways perhaps he was more needy, of a relationship and emotional/ romantic attachment rather than love per say. and now that you're gone or like not a viable partner anymore he needs to go back into friendzone-- for him there was potential for more.

he shouldn't really be a douche lol, but it is awkward. but guy continues to be a douche then it's prole best to back off. completely.

mending bridges doesn't always happen right away like if you don't see him. you might never see him again. but if you were in a position to be both perhaps willing to mend things-- as in he stopped being a douche and then slowly be better to you and you to him-- friends again. months even years..? time..

personally if i could take a bullet for someone at one point, even if i hated them now or hate that i love 'em (even as a friend) then i could always take a bullet for 'em.

maybe you two need to fight it out-- have an arguement or smtn den let it sort out itself.... or let it be.

--
damn i've typed so much crap at 3am XD
---

and yeh it depends all on him, and his personality and how much if, and how far he fell for you lol, if he's deep maybe he's like above or like maybe he can get over it quite quickly..

"anyways perhaps he was more needy, of a relationship and emotional/ romantic attachment rather than love per say"

So true! Cuz as soon as I "rejected" him- all these other girls came pouring in lol. Honestly, I think I was just an option for him because it seems like he just wants a relationship. I was a random ass option though.

I dont know how deep his feelings were for me. But he use to pour his heart out, saying how we have a bond and yadda yadda, bond my ass-- I dont know what that was all about but out of the blue he thought I was the most amazing person. I tried to "fight" it out verbally, I think i need to get physical now < kind of kidding.:colone:
When I ask him, he just says " oh I didnt realize, sorry"- which leads me to think that he doesnt care.

you really are dumb arent you?

Of course he cares thats the whole damn point. He's hurting and your too wrapped up to see it. He is trying to distance himself from you becasue its pains him emotionally to be around you.
in all honesty OP, im taking the side of the guy on this one because i have been in exactly this position before. me and this girlwere best friendswe could talk for absolutely hours and hours about the most random of stuff. she used to give me advice about girls (even to the point she used to look out for me, as in if a girl was the right person for me) and i used to help her out with anything and everythng, even stuff she didnt tell her girl mates. she was such a great person, had such an amazing personality (or so i thought) and was quite beautiful as well, i started liking her. at first i thought it was a harmless 'crush' phase but as weeks and months went by i started to realise i actually loved her. thing is she he kept dropping me hints that she might be interested, stuff like ' if i dont find another guy, me and you were going out' or 'your the only decent guy i know, im gonna end up getting or marrying you', now i knew these were said in a joke context but i always thought there was some truth in them. also she was very upset with her bf at the time who was a illeterate ba****d who used to mess her about and she said i will finish him soon and stuff. thing is she she kept messing me about for a while sometimes saying we got a special FRIENDSHIP while othertimes hinting she likes me. i couldnt take this anymore, even though she was the only girl i had truly loved in my life so far she was playing with my feelings so after that i just started to ignore her.

so basically said, i definitely side with the guy on this (no offense to you OP)
Original post by i have no name
in all honesty OP, im taking the side of the guy on this one because i have been in exactly this position before. me and this girlwere best friendswe could talk for absolutely hours and hours about the most random of stuff. she used to give me advice about girls (even to the point she used to look out for me, as in if a girl was the right person for me) and i used to help her out with anything and everythng, even stuff she didnt tell her girl mates. she was such a great person, had such an amazing personality (or so i thought) and was quite beautiful as well, i started liking her. at first i thought it was a harmless 'crush' phase but as weeks and months went by i started to realise i actually loved her. thing is she he kept dropping me hints that she might be interested, stuff like ' if i dont find another guy, me and you were going out' or 'your the only decent guy i know, im gonna end up getting or marrying you', now i knew these were said in a joke context but i always thought there was some truth in them. also she was very upset with her bf at the time who was a illeterate ba****d who used to mess her about and she said i will finish him soon and stuff. thing is she she kept messing me about for a while sometimes saying we got a special FRIENDSHIP while othertimes hinting she likes me. i couldnt take this anymore, even though she was the only girl i had truly loved in my life so far she was playing with my feelings so after that i just started to ignore her.

so basically said, i definitely side with the guy on this (no offense to you OP)

It's cool.
How do you know the stuff she said isnt true? Did you at least ask her to explain herself, and ask wtf is up?
Reply 53
Original post by ilickbatteries
My situation is somewhat similar to yours.

I lost the best friend I'll ever have because I developed more than feelings of friendship for her. Not my fault really, she's absolutely perfect.

It hurts, a lot. Going from talking to her for hours, like literally, 8, 9, 10 hours, all nighters and being really close to having that all taken away is really painful. I imagine he still cares, I still care deeply for my friend but the friendship, or at least its former state is completely irreparable.

For him it could be that talking to you is too awkward and too painful. Hope this helps, hate hearing about things like this :frown:

Aww! That happened to me. I had a really good friend who I eventually also fancied, we used to talk for hours at a time and I still reckon he was ~*one of a kind*~

He rejected me for a number of reasons and while that didn't spoil our friendship we've just grown distant anyway. Sometimes I still think 'damn, that was a good friendship while it lasted' but with time I got over it. And that's all you can try to do really, sometimes these things are inexplicable.
It's cool.
How do you know the stuff she said isnt true? Did you at least ask her to explain herself, and ask wtf is up?

of course i asked her, even after i told her we kept talking for a good 3 months but she either avoided it sometimes, other times 'friendzoned' while at other times she was massively flirty as in when we used to go out together to the movies or a meal or something always used to be touchy feely.
and this was not a spur of the moment thing, this is a person i have been best friends with for a good 3 years.
Reply 55
You pushed him to the friend zone. They gay best friend zone.
of course i asked her, even after i told her we kept talking for a good 3 months but she either avoided it sometimes, other times 'friendzoned' while at other times she was massively flirty as in when we used to go out together to the movies or a meal or something always used to be touchy feely.
and this was not a spur of the moment thing, this is a person i have been best friends with for a good 3 years.

Has she tried talking to you since? you still like her?
Has she tried talking to you since? you still like her?

well yes she has tried but rarely! and i have tried as well but sometimes no reply

and i dont like her, i never liked her
i actually loved her :frown: you love someone for life, not to the point they reject you. i still care about her more then any girl in the world and probably wont stop in the years to come, and god forbid, if anyone did her wrong i would make sure they meet a violent end.
so yes i still love her
well yes she has tried but rarely! and i have tried as well but sometimes no reply

and i dont like her, i never liked her
i actually loved her :frown: you love someone for life, not to the point they reject you. i still care about her more then any girl in the world and probably wont stop in the years to come, and god forbid, if anyone did her wrong i would make sure they meet a violent end.
so yes i still love her

Ya, he said before that he loves me, and always will--that was a lie because he doesnt even care to say hi!!!!!!!
That's so sweet how you still care about her so much even though she played games, some girls are so clueless.
:frown:
Ya, he said before that he loves me, and always will--that was a lie because he doesnt even care to say hi!!!!!!!
That's so sweet how you still care about her so much even though she played games, some girls are so clueless.

he could still love you though....even though he doesnt say hi. could be that it hurts him too mcuh to talk to you.
i mean im not generally a romantic, mushy type of guy but you cant help falling in love.
and tell me about it lol strange thing is she used to be really protective of me. i mean if any girl tried it with me, she would either tell me she aint good for you da da da or sort of go in a mood.
i remember once on facebook, i had a free house because parents were away and this girl that used to like me, offered to come over (i knew she wanted sex) and then she turned round and went on my fb (i had given her my password) and sent a message saying sorry you cant come, hes spending the day with me. i didnt really care then, because if im honest i would rather much just spend the day with her having a laugh then have that other girl come over.

but yee i have told her basically that i still love her and always will :smile: and if she ever needs someone to talk to i will always be here, just aint the same though :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending