The Student Room Group

One night stands and condoms

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Astra_K
Does anyone else think sex with a condom is pointless? I hate it

1. Decrease the risk of pregnancy.
2. Decrease the risk of STD/STIs.

There's 2 points!

I think the real question here is have you always used a condom on a ONS? :beard:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Amandeep_Psych07
1. Decrease the risk of pregnancy.
2. Decrease the risk of STD/STIs.

There's 2 points!

I'd rather just have a 69er than sex with a condom tbh. It feels terrible compared to without
Original post by Astra_K
I'd rather just have a 69er than sex with a condom tbh. It feels terrible compared to without

Fair enough.

I wouldn't know. :dontknow: I don't think I will have sex without a condom until I'm in a long term relationship or married.
I'm on the contraceptive injection, but I'd never have sex without a condom without first seeing evidence that they're clean. I don't fancy Chlamydia, thanks.
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on the contraceptive injection, but I'd never have sex without a condom without first seeing evidence that they're clean. I don't fancy Chlamydia, thanks.

Here are my certificates of cleanliness, I believe you'll find everything is in order.

Now, first point of motion: Bom chika wah wah :wink2:
Original post by robotwars
Before I go any further, this is not a thread to lecture me about how wrong you may think one night stands are. Take that debate elsewhere please.

This is directed at people who have had one night stands before or who plan on having one if the opportunity came up.

If you've just met someone at a party or in a club, and go and have sex, condoms are the most obvious method of protection.

Girls - have you/would you always make the guy wear a condom? Or would you risk it and go for the morning after pill? Or are you always/mostly on the normal pill anyway so it doesn't matter? Or would you just risk it entirely?

Guys - have you/would you think about putting on a condom? would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one? if she was one the pill or agreed to take the morning after pill, would you bother with a condom?

You're both drunk or tipsy too so has this/would this affect your decisions?

Thanks.

Condoms are a must. Even if you are on the pill, STDs are something to think about and not just think, well I won't get one. SO yeah, always use a condom on a one night stand. And if he won't wear one, he wouldn't get any.

I haven't ever actually had a one night stand, but I'm not against them, each to their own :P. Plus, i am on the pill, and still will always use condoms.
Reply 46
Pregnancy is most definitely not what I fear from a ONS. I'm on the pill so that never even crosses my mind. I would always insist on condoms because of STI's and, to be honest, most guys use them anyway without prompting and so should you!
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
I'm a bait artist, I do it bareback I take chances

"I'm a breast man but I rate arses!" :laugh: :laugh:

tbh it was another of those situations that one day may bite me in the ass, but alcohol+horniness (on both sides)+ I wasn't trying to wait for the night bus/trams to start in -3 weather+tilt after another situation blowing up in my face = hopefully no baby in 8 months time...................

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS.
Reply 48
So many idiots around.
Reply 49
I always wear one - but the fact is it makes sex pretty pointless from the blokes point of view. Sad but true.

I wouldn't wear one all the time in a relationship though. If it isn't a case of both getting checked and her going on the pill after the all clear I'm out of there regardless of anything else.
Reply 50
I'm on the pill anyway, so wouldn't need the morning after pill. I would still make him wear a condom though.
Original post by Bubbles0ox
Thats worrying i guess, whats a dental dam?

Posh name for a flat sheet of lubricated latex that you're supposed to placeo over a woman's genitals and suck and lick on top of. Sounds really appetising somehow :s-smilie:

Yeah, I caught genital herpes through receiving oral. My boyfriend had a history of cold sores, but we thought it was ok because he didn't have one. Girl I knew at Uni caught herpes during Freshers' Week, she took a guy home for the night but they only did oral on each other, a few days later she came down with herpes and when she told him he just denied all knowledge and walked away.
Original post by Anonymous
Posh name for a flat sheet of lubricated latex that you're supposed to placeo over a woman's genitals and suck and lick on top of. Sounds really appetising somehow :s-smilie:

Yeah, I caught genital herpes through receiving oral. My boyfriend had a history of cold sores, but we thought it was ok because he didn't have one. Girl I knew at Uni caught herpes during Freshers' Week, she took a guy home for the night but they only did oral on each other, a few days later she came down with herpes and when she told him he just denied all knowledge and walked away.

Urgh thats the worst :/
I really don't want herpes. Or any STI in fact.
Reply 53
Original post by robotwars
would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one?

Would you not? :lolwut:
Original post by Funkss!
I'm not a fan of STDs really, so I'd wear one.

You'd wear an STD? :teehee:

Ahem, OP I would wear one. Only some desperate disgrace of a human being would risk their health/pregnancy for the sake of a ONS.
Reply 55
Original post by aja89
Would you not? :lolwut:

I suppose he could just not obey and cancel the shag.

Also, what if he insisted the lady wear a femmydom.
ALWAY USE A CONDOM. No AIDS plz, kthanksbai.
Reply 57
Original post by Alt__x
Like I have told you before, no one uses femidoms!!!

Lol but some people do - otherwise why would they be sold?
Reply 58
Original post by Vohamanah
I'd always insist he wore a condom. Doesn't tend to be an issue, tbh, most guys will have one with them. I don't usually carry them with me, but unless I know them they'll probably be coming back to mine anyway. If for some bizarre reason he refused to wear one I'd show him the door, no matter how drunk I was. Wouldn't want to sleep with someone who's gonna be a dick about it anyway.

Totally agree with the point, and I think this was the best one there. I was out recently, not clubbing, just to eat and wind down after a long day. Stunning girl comes over to me and we chat for about an hour. She wants to take it back to mine, this is where most guys kill me for this story. I was just dead tired and really could not be bothered. She cranks it up a notch and suggests a lap dancing club first for a dance or to pick up another girl. It's 1am and I can barely keep my eyes open. Then she drops the bombshell that oh and by the way so there are no secrets I used to be a sex worker but I gave that up on my 20th birthday this year.

Bottom line you have NO idea what you are sleeping with! Always be careful.

Total off topic, what year were you in at Keele, guessing if you are in clinical negligence you were taught at some point by Tony Dugdale?
Reply 59
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest