The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Bad diet and lack of enough exercise I reckon.
Bad diet and lack of enough exercise? Britain aren't exactly alone in that respect. And all that really is is your weight, that doesn't define good-looking.
It's a stupid thing to say anyway - each race has it's own view on what is good-looking anyway, each person judges a whole country on the one ugly or one good-looking member of that country they've seen and sometimes these judgements turn into stereotypes.
I certainly know that not all Americans aren't fat.
Reply 362
Your telling me to get an education..

yet your ignoring all the illnesses and problems that can cause a person to gain and stay at a large weight and not be able to take it off?

Go do some googling before you tell other people to be educated lmao.. what a complete idiot.
Reply 363
Having an illness does not mean you are unhealthy.
What idiot thinks that ..

An illness can be hereditary or anything like that, which has nothing to do with a healthy lifestyle.
Reply 364
Original post by Steevee
Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.

It's because you know **** all about the world.

Middle Eastern, Indian, Central Asian and Oriental girls are gorgeous. So are Southern Africans. And North Africans are seductive as ****.

None of the pasty, freckly, inbred, high pitched, ill mannered and uncultured traits that the Brits have.
Reply 365
Original post by bob247
It's because you know **** all about the world.

Middle Eastern, Indian, Central Asian and Oriental girls are gorgeous. So are Southern Africans. And North Africans are seductive as ****.

None of the pasty, freckly, inbred, high pitched, ill mannered and uncultured traits that the Brits have.

I disagree.

Orientals have rather odd facial proportions, Indians and central Asians tend to have over sized facial features, and an odd attitude to personal health and hygine.

Africans? No, just no. No offense to them, but once again you have the wrong facial proportions. Pronounced foreheads, large lips and cheeks, squared faces and so on. Less so in the north, but still noticable. Unless you're talking places like Egypt where you could argue they're a bit Araby, in which case there are other bads things.

European women are by far the most attractive, particularly French, Scandanavian and Spanish. They al have their own features, but still look beauftiful, instead of having a pronounced ethinc feature that is striking, but not attractive.
Reply 366
What are you on about?

I said that illnesses can cause obesity.
You said having an illness still means you are unhealthy.
I said it doesnt.

:facepalm:
God some people just cant argue.
Reply 367
So .. say i had dyslexia .. am an unhealthy?
No.. im not.
General illnesses and similar things such as that that may cause or contribute to serious weight gain does not make a person unhealthy. Something is only unhealthy when it has a direct effect on someones health.. some of these illnesses do not.
Reply 368
I think Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman prove that Brits aren't bad looking!
Original post by Tommyjw
So .. say i had dyslexia .. am an unhealthy?
No.. im not.
General illnesses and similar things such as that that may cause or contribute to serious weight gain does not make a person unhealthy. Something is only unhealthy when it has a direct effect on someones health.. some of these illnesses do not.

Dyslexia is not an illness, it's a learning difficulty. It's actually insulting to insinuate that a learning difficulty is an illness. I suffer from a special learning disability quite similar to dyslexia and I find it offensive that someone would suggest that I have an illness, it also implies that I have health problems when I do not.

Learning difficulties do not contribute to weight gain.

Being overweight or obese is unhealthy and tends to be associated with increased risk of illnesses and chronic health problems.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by David9
I think Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman prove that Brits aren't bad looking!

Keira Knightley yes, but I think Natalie Portman was born in Israel and then moved to the US when she was young? But then Kate Winslet and Emma Watson are British, I believe...
Reply 371
Original post by Soph1990
I dont think we're all that bad =]

i would agree! I'd like to see a picture of some of these people saying british people look bad to see just how good or most probably bad they are
Reply 372
Original post by st_23
i would agree! I'd like to see a picture of some of these people saying british people look bad to see just how good or most probably bad they are

Originally Posted by RahRah09
Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?
sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.
Reply 373
Original post by minimalme
Originally Posted by RahRah09
Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?
sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.

no offence but i didnt read all of that but i read the first bit and if you are wondering why you got so many hit well i would say that one of you are gonna search for something, especially with words like british and ugly then you are gonna get a lot of hits because they are common words. and i think if there is a reason its from stereotypes rather than anything else and i have spoken to lots of people from the us and canada and some of the stereotypes they have about us are ridiculous. and ive notices you dont have a picture up? i assume youre from north america?
Reply 374
Original post by st_23
no offence but i didnt read all of that but i read the first bit and if you are wondering why you got so many hit well i would say that one of you are gonna search for something, especially with words like british and ugly then you are gonna get a lot of hits because they are common words. and i think if there is a reason its from stereotypes rather than anything else and i have spoken to lots of people from the us and canada and some of the stereotypes they have about us are ridiculous. and ive notices you dont have a picture up? i assume youre from north america?

??
I disagree. Lots of Brits are hot.
We're not, we're just an intelligent people not obsessed by fake tans and fake tits.
America's obsession with image is a symptom of their spiritual and intellectual emptiness.
Title doesn't make sense, also 'looks' and attractiveness and subjective and in my opinion there are attractive brits.
Brits look fine imo (by that I mean white brits, I'm asian), no better or worse than other countries. The issue is when foreigners think "British" they think chav who visits Ibiza and passes out on pavements every weekend. And where the girls are half naked and act like a bloke. That's the minority but that's the image potrayed of Brits. I guess the bad behaviour abroad has caught up :dontknow:

Brits aren't as conservative as they used to be and that doesn't go down well in most of the world.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 379
Original post by Sickojones
Title doesn't make sense, also 'looks' and attractiveness and subjective and in my opinion there are attractive brits.

?!???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending