The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Hello,

I'm interested in wondering what sort of offers Scottish candidates got for Oxford, taking into account Int. 2/Standard Grade and Higher's too, if possible.

Thanks very much! :smile:
Medicine - St. Hilda's

Where is the list of all offer holders? :smile:
Original post by sophie.vaggers
Medicine - St. Hilda's

Where is the list of all offer holders? :smile:

first page (spoiler) :smile:

now we are 4 for st. hilda's :biggrin:
Hey, fellow Hildabeasts :smile:

I just thought I'd let you know there's a facebook site for getting to know St. Hilda's incoming students called St. Hilda's college oxford 2011/2012, please join!
Original post by PaddyD15

Original post by PaddyD15
Keep your options open. What I did was firm my Warwick offer then apply for loads of internships etc (didn't get any but that's besides the point) and then at least you have a plan/things to put on your personal statement if you do re-apply. To be honest it is completely up to you, you have an offer from UCL which is awesome and prior to receiving my Ox offer I was so concerned about not getting an offer this year.

ah ok.

just... the idea of a gap year never occurred to me before.

congrats though^ ^
Reply 265
Original post by J_Stev
Hi.. Add mee :colondollar:

Applied to Univ to do maths, didn't get in but got picked up by Exeter :biggrin:

Also, wooo first post :rolleyes:

Congrats!

... I mean on the first post, not on the Oxford offer! :biggrin: :tongue:

I just thought I'd let you know there's a facebook site for getting to know St. Hilda's incoming students called St. Hilda's college oxford 2011/2012, please join!

:biggrin:

i can't find it... can you please post or pm the link? :smile:
Original post by J_Stev
Hi.. Add mee :colondollar:

Applied to Univ to do maths, didn't get in but got picked up by Exeter :biggrin:

Also, wooo first post :rolleyes:

Hey! I was also picked up by Exeter for maths (well, maths with computer science) after applying elsewhere :biggrin:

AND... I was interviewed at Univ as well!
Original post by shoshin
Wow, congratulations! That letter is so late, I think you missed Freshers' Week :smile:

I was out of the country over Christmas and the bad weather meant I didn't get it until I got back. Or have I just posted in the thread for the wrong year? :confused:

Congrats to everyone who got a place whatever this thread is for aha, I'll see you october :cool:
Original post by moritzplatz
:biggrin:

i can't find it... can you please post or pm the link? :smile:

On the very first of the this thread by BeritV, look at the bottom and click on where it says spoiler, I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 270
Original post by LtCommanderData
Hey! I was also picked up by Exeter for maths (well, maths with computer science) after applying elsewhere :biggrin:

AND... I was interviewed at Univ as well!

That's pretty cool :smile:
Do you know anyone else who is going Exeter for maths?
Original post by J_Stev
That's pretty cool :smile:
Do you know anyone else who is going Exeter for maths?

Hmm, nobody else is in the list in the OP, but I think Sangin Know has an offer for maths at Exeter
Sangin Know
QFA
On the very first of the this thread by BeritV, look at the bottom and click on where it says spoiler, I hope this helps :smile:

yes that is the list :smile:

i was talking about the facebook group :smile:
yes that is the list :smile:

i was talking about the facebook group :smile:

Not sure of the St. Hilda's one but this is the 2011 Oxford Freshers group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=99522123966
Reply 274
Original post by hattierosie
I was out of the country over Christmas and the bad weather meant I didn't get it until I got back. Or have I just posted in the thread for the wrong year? :confused:

Congrats to everyone who got a place whatever this thread is for aha, I'll see you october :cool:

My bad. Yes it's the right thread, I meant Fresher's Week 2011, tryin to make a lame joke bout how slow Oxford was to tell some people. You seem quite chilled, but most of us were panicking from about the 17th of December; we more or less filled up a 10,000 post thread with mutually therapeutic gripes bout it :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by Johnshopkinser
Uh i aint really applying to JHU... i'm obsessed with JHU but in the end decided that i might not fit the school. its a bit too serious for me and my counselors said students there didn't have a life besides school work.

i'm really interested in LACs so applied to a few that are really not that famous. lol.

wbt u?

Oh, yeah i thin you're right about JHU. LAcs, eh? I live in Los Angeles, and I honestly couldn't imagine applying to a uni in my home city! Which ones are you looking at? UCLA is really beautiful :smile: I'm not applying anywhere in the US because I don't really like it here so I"m only looking to move back home to England. Good luck with your apps (I'm assuming you've already sent them in right? or do they have a mid-january deadline now?)
Reply 276
first page (spoiler) :smile:

now we are 4 for st. hilda's :biggrin:

Make that 5!

Medicine - St Hildas
Reply 277
Sorry everyone I was in Italy for 3 days so didn't update the list, but it's now fully updated (if you see any mistakes there, let me know!)

Send a link please... I can't find it :frown:
Original post by BeritV
Sorry everyone I was in Italy for 3 days so didn't update the list, but it's now fully updated (if you see any mistakes there, let me know!)

where in italy? :smile:
Reply 279
where in italy? :smile:

in val di fiemme :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending