The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bigmo7
Surely not? If you go into settings --> Wireless and network --> Wifi settings then menu and select advanced can you not fiddle around with the proxy settings that way?

It took me a while to set up my Uni's wifi cos it requires a password and username....

I wish it would work that way but it doesn't.. I've found the issue discussion here:-
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1273

Doesn't seem like there's a way to do it otherwise.
If I buy apps from the android market that are listed in dollars will Google checkout charge me in dollars (thus meaning I have to pay the bank for conversion) or will they convert it to pounds and charge me in pounds?

Also I would just like to say I love Android, it is the only smartphone OS I've had to date but I have used an Itouch Android just feels better than iOS to me.
Original post by The Stig's student cousin

Original post by The Stig's student cousin
If I buy apps from the android market that are listed in dollars will Google checkout charge me in dollars (thus meaning I have to pay the bank for conversion) or will they convert it to pounds and charge me in pounds?

Also I would just like to say I love Android, it is the only smartphone OS I've had to date but I have used an Itouch Android just feels better than iOS to me.

They charge it in the currency it is sold in so dollars if it is american, euros etc therefore you have to pay for conversion
You have to pay extra for conversion?
Original post by aliluvschoc
Hey people, I have both Gameboid and GBCoid, neither will play games. I have the bios, what am I doing wrong?

Get rom gripper. Then you'll be able to play. Use rom gripper, download the rom, then click play once downloaded.

Battery life is a bit pants the first couple of times you use the phone, but it lasts longer after a couple of battery cycles.

Any more Q's about the desire, just ask. :u:
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Get rom gripper. Then you'll be able to play. Use rom gripper, download the rom, then click play once downloaded.

Battery life is a bit pants the first couple of times you use the phone, but it lasts longer after a couple of battery cycles.

How much is desire on payg?
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
You have to pay extra for conversion?

Yeah, your bank will usually charge commission for any transaction in foreign currency
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I hard reset my HTC Wildfire and since then it won't connect to mobile internet. It says the APN is incorrect, and when I went to see the APN it says Vodafone PAYG but I'm on Pay Monthly...
any ideas guys?
Original post by blueray
How much is desire on payg?

Using google shopping we come to 280-400

http://www.google.co.uk/m/products/detail?gl=uk&source=mog&q=HTC+desire&cid=10509249585308766242

But you can get this for cheaper if you go to eBay or buy a second hand one.

Managed to work it, turns out I had a dud or something.

Trying to get the play station emulator now :mmm:
Original post by caseyhayes
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I hard reset my HTC Wildfire and since then it won't connect to mobile internet. It says the APN is incorrect, and when I went to see the APN it says Vodafone PAYG but I'm on Pay Monthly...
any ideas guys?

Try changing it manually, settings should be

APN: internet
Username: web
Password: web
Hey, with the PSX4Droid, how does it handle changing the discs in games like Final Fantasy? Or is that not an option. It would just be a bit rubbish running through the whole of the first disc and not being able tog on onto disc 2.
Reply 3092
Woah, the Wiimote app is so good for playing Mario with. The on-screen touchpad is one of the most horrible things I have ever used.
Reply 3093
Original post by wizard710
Yeah, your bank will usually charge commission for any transaction in foreign currency

HSBC doesn't afaik, their conversation rates might be a bit higher but I've never been charged for buying things abroad or off the app market. Some banks do though...Google should really sort it out.
Problem with my X10

I got the unlock pattern wrong a few times, and now the only way I can get back into my phone, is by entering my google mail account, problem is, I don't have one! I tried my other e-mail address and it still didn't work, so I created a google mail account and I still can't get on.

I have phoned o2 and they were very unhelpful and offered me no advice.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?
Original post by Hello oh
Try changing it manually, settings should be

APN: internet
Username: web
Password: web

Thanks, I tried resetting to default and it worked. No idea how it happened though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Is it on carphone warehouse?
No o2
Original post by Dan-Scotland
Problem with my X10

I got the unlock pattern wrong a few times, and now the only way I can get back into my phone, is by entering my google mail account, problem is, I don't have one! I tried my other e-mail address and it still didn't work, so I created a google mail account and I still can't get on.

I have phoned o2 and they were very unhelpful and offered me no advice.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Is your phone registered to a Google account even if it's not got an @gmail.com/googlemail.com suffix? If so, put in your username and password into this form:
https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

On the Desire, the right side of my touch screen has stopped working, any reason what could be wrong? and would I be able to send it for repairs for free, it's not been a year yet

Latest

Trending

Trending