The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cape_Booth
Yes it is quite common, although it's not quite as common to see white men and black girls....or am I wrong there?

no your not wrong, it is more common for white (women) people to be willing to date outside thier race than for other ethnic groups to do so. It is also more accepted by white (men) people for other whites to accept mixed white relationships than it is amongst men of other ethnic groups.

Thats how it is in Birmingham in my experience anyway
Should probably watch out for the idiots if you're a nice country girl. You want a nice respectable black guy that isn't too much like the stereotype otherwise you will get treated like crap.
Reply 62
= brown babies
Reply 63
Original post by Converse
I'm a black guy (of Caribbean descent) and I much prefer white girls to any other race. I think it's the same for most black guys.
Most of my black friends also prefer white girls but see them mainly as sexual objects which I also think is the same for a lot of black guys (not me though).
I don't really watch too much Scrubs so I can't give an opinion on that, but I do know that people (whether black or white) don't like snobs that assume that just because someone has seen a black guy/white girl relationship in real life, they live in south London. I live up north and I see it all the time (partly because I always go out with white girls. Can't stand black girls).

Was having this discusssion the other day with a mate.... why do you not like black girls? Or why do you think some black guys prefer white girls over black girls.... is it more to do with physical attractiveness or personality types?

this seems to be an issue in the states and an issue which creates hostility in circles of black women.
Reply 64
Original post by silverbolt
no your not wrong, it is more common for white (women) people to be willing to date outside thier race than for other ethnic groups to do so. It is also more accepted by white (men) people for other whites to accept mixed white relationships than it is amongst men of other ethnic groups.

Thats how it is in Birmingham in my experience anyway

this is because white folk today are more liberal than "ethnics"... and white men are more accepting of mixed relationships compared to "ethnic" men because they don't really have a choice! Men from say the asian community tend to have a tight control of the women in their family etc and hence have more of a say on who they date/marry etc.... this is one of the issues which comes under the issue of integration.... those who call for integration would like (even if they don't admit it) the "ethnics" in question to adopt social/family values which are the same as thiers....
White girls are overrated anyway imo. I'm black and dated a British Born Chinese girl. Best relationship ever.
Reply 66
^ Seriously, there are people this culturally uneducated in the UK?
Reply 67
Original post by Anonymous
That just looks like this guy with a wig and make up on:

Black people always claim black women can look good and use people like beyonce with European features as proof LOL.

black women vary as do white women..... you get pale skinned white women with ginger hair, freckles etc and then you get white women with dark hair, "sultry" features etc...

black women also vary a great deal..... I personally believe eritrean/ethiopian girls attractive.. (the ones who I've met)
Reply 68
Original post by bunty64
Was having this discusssion the other day with a mate.... why do you not like black girls? Or why do you think some black guys prefer white girls over black girls.... is it more to do with physical attractiveness or personality types?

this seems to be an issue in the states and an issue which creates hostility in circles of black women.

I don't find the majority of black girls to be physically attractive, although there are exceptions.
In addition to this, many black girls have a bad attitude. They remind me of men in a way.
Reply 69
Original post by Converse
I don't find the majority of black girls to be physically attractive, although there are exceptions.
In addition to this, many black girls have a bad attitude. They remind me of men in a way.

are you a black guy or mixed race? What exactly do you mean by 'bad attitude'?......... in what way do they remind you of men?
Reply 70
Kind of in response to the other thread. I was wondering if there was any faux pas about the thread title. I'm a white girl just finished her first semester of Uni and I reeealllly find the black guys there attractive. I'v never had a boyfriend before despite being asked out quite a lot and I think it's cos I'm just attracted to black men and since I come from the countryside...I've only just seen them in real life.
Anyhoo, I've been made fun of before for being "too white" I am apparently a 'bit like that annoying blonde from Scrubs". Would that put you off? Want black male opinions please.

I'm white and black mixed race, so i don't know if i qualify, but anyway.

You have a right to go out with whoever you want to, just try not to rule out boys because of their ethnicity.
Reply 71
Kind of in response to the other thread. I was wondering if there was any faux pas about the thread title. I'm a white girl just finished her first semester of Uni and I reeealllly find the black guys there attractive. I'v never had a boyfriend before despite being asked out quite a lot and I think it's cos I'm just attracted to black men and since I come from the countryside...I've only just seen them in real life.
Anyhoo, I've been made fun of before for being "too white" I am apparently a 'bit like that annoying blonde from Scrubs". Would that put you off? Want black male opinions please.

....If you look anything like Elliot I will paint my skin black to be with you.
Reply 72
Original post by Infernal
I'm white and black mixed race, so i don't know if i qualify, but anyway.

You have a right to go out with whoever you want to, just try not to rule out boys because of their ethnicity.

No it's not that I rule boys out at all really, it's just that I tend to be more attracted to Black guys. And since I think I'm yet to see a black guy dating a white girl-I wasn't sure if they'd be attracted to me.
Original post by bunty64

Well, i'm not sure, i think that it must be down to preference. I know some Black guys who would never consider dating a white girl, particularly in the states
Reply 74
Well, i'm not sure, i think that it must be down to preference. I know some Black guys who would never consider dating a white girl, particularly in the states

Why not? And why particularly in the States?
i have quite a few mixed race friends with either a black/white mother and a white/black father

Well that was a tad too harsh and how am I meant to know it's "incredibly common" if I've never witnessed it before. You're probs from South London or something.

Yea it's pretty common in the world; granted more so in cities and actual places where people aren't so closed minded and stupid, to be blunt.

Back in my home town of 35k, this never happened and both blacks and whites are racist and pretty much never interact, of course everyone there is all lower middle and lower class.

In cities or just, average places, interracial dating is common and nobody thinks much of it, at least that's what i have come to the conclusion of.

I'm black and my girlfriend is Vietnamese.
It's every white girls dream to have a big black............
You're looking for a milkman, plenty out there I'm sure.
I swear there is not one black male (or female for that matter) within a 50 mile radius of me now. At home. Silly person.

I hope youre not one of those chocolate loving peeps that love everything black...they have a seriously bad reputation..just saying..

Latest

Trending

Trending