Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeritV
in val di fiemme :-)

nice i was near there last year for christmas :biggrin:
Reply 281
Original post by moritzplatz
nice i was near there last year for christmas :biggrin:

It's really awesome there! Although there was a lot of italian people around (surprisingly, since usually when i go there it's full of german) and it was frustrating since i dont understand a single italian word :biggrin: But anyways Italian people are fun to be around, so I had an awesome time :smile:
Hey :smile: Computer Science at St. Catherine's.
Anyone else got an offer for a subject that they didn't apply for? (initially applied for Maths with Comp Science)
Original post by Can'tStandStill
Anyone else got an offer for a subject that they didn't apply for? (initially applied for Maths with Comp Science)

I'm not in that situation, but that's interesting - I knew a guy who applied for CS at Cambridge and got an offer for Maths, so I thought that there was a chance of getting an offer for one or the other when applying for the join degree at Oxford, but when I asked an admissions tutor at an open day, he said it definitely wouldn't happen there. He must not have been from St Catherine's, then!
Original post by LtCommanderData
I'm not in that situation, but that's interesting - I knew a guy who applied for CS at Cambridge and got an offer for Maths, so I thought that there was a chance of getting an offer for one or the other when applying for the join degree at Oxford, but when I asked an admissions tutor at an open day, he said it definitely wouldn't happen there. He must not have been from St Catherine's, then!

:biggrin: I didn't expect it, since my first CS interview was a disaster, but then they called me for another interview where they asked if i would accept an offer in CS only, because they think i am better at it, but they quickly implied there was nothing definite and it was just a possibility so i didn't know what to expect. now i'm actually more excited about the cs course than the joint one :biggrin:
Reply 285
Original post by Can'tStandStill

I applied for Law with French Law but have an offer for straight Law. Although it's a well-known thing because there are so few places for the year abroad course and I was asked if I would like to be considered for it. No idea about Computer Science/Maths but your change in offer sounds a bit more complex than mine! :p:
Hey there everyone!
EEM at Worcester, it's been two weeks since the day I got the offer and Im still excited haha
and for those who asked... the college IS really beautiful, and I had an ensuite room with two beds... a bit confused about that tbh
anyways, anyone else to read eem?
congrats to u all!
Reply 287
Woo Worcester! Even though Balliol was an awesome place to have interviews - didn't get the ensuite, but did have a PIANO, oh yes! Even though I can't play...
Reply 288
Original post by gasmask
Woo Worcester! Even though Balliol was an awesome place to have interviews - didn't get the ensuite, but did have a PIANO, oh yes! Even though I can't play...

A piano? Really? Just in your room? :confused:

That's pretty weird :s-smilie:
Reply 290
Anyone has been notified by UCAS? I just logged on to my UCAS Track and my offer has been there :biggrin:
Original post by nkvuong
Anyone has been notified by UCAS? I just logged on to my UCAS Track and my offer has been there :biggrin:

Same! :biggrin: Such a relief. I was worried It was going to say "declined" or something :p: At least now it's official.
Original post by nkvuong

Original post by soutioirsim
Same! :biggrin: Such a relief. I was worried It was going to say "declined" or something :p: At least now it's official.

When did your track change? I'm lurking on this thread because I'm still waiting to find out, so if track is being updated today then that is good news for me!
Original post by hayheyley
When did your track change? I'm lurking on this thread because I'm still waiting to find out, so if track is being updated today then that is good news for me!

10:17am this morning :smile:
10:17am this morning :smile:

Cheers, I'll be refreshing track like crazy today then :wink:
Reply 295
Yep, my offer is on UCAS now too. Fair play to them, on a Bank Holiday. :smile:
Reply 296
Original post by J_Stev
A piano? Really? Just in your room? :confused:

That's pretty weird :s-smilie:

I know, that's Balliol for you... Also, there was someone playing trumpet in the early hours one night. Insane.
Reply 297

Same, the tension as I was waiting for Track to load was awful ... and then the neat little column of four Conditionals came up ... phew :cool: Mine was updated at 10.32 this morning.

Also - does anyone know if all the open offer letters were sent out by St Hugh's? I'm wondering if it means anything that mine was ...
Track just updated for me as well, Chemistry at Merton. :h:
Reply 299
It official, had my track update this morning, History and Politics at Mansfield, now I have all my offers! I will probably reply to them tomorrow once I have discussed it with my school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending