The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by cadence
Also - does anyone know if all the open offer letters were sent out by St Hugh's? I'm wondering if it means anything that mine was ...

It means that St Hugh's has undersigned your offer, this means that if no other college gets a free space because everyone meets their offer, then St Hugh has to take you, even if this means they take more candidates then they anticipated. So open offers can be undersigned by any college.
Reply 301
Original post by hayheyley
Cheers, I'll be refreshing track like crazy today then :wink:

UCAS send u an email sayin Track has changed (mention it in case your email's any quicker to refresh like crazy :smile: )
Original post by shoshin
UCAS send u an email sayin Track has changed (mention it in case your email's any quicker to refresh like crazy :smile: )

Thanks, I know about that so I'm checking both track and emails in case one is quicker than the other :tongue: If I don't hear today then I'm definitely ringing the college tomorrow because this waiting is making me craaaazy.
Reply 303
Hiya,

My track updated this morning too. I have an offer to read English at Lincoln. I'm very excited, it is such a relief for it to be confirmed now. Any other lincoln people on this thread?
Original post by hayheyley
Thanks, I know about that so I'm checking both track and emails in case one is quicker than the other :tongue: If I don't hear today then I'm definitely ringing the college tomorrow because this waiting is making me craaaazy.

omg how could you stand it for that long!!! :biggrin:
Reply 305
I was accepted by Brasenose and majored in engineering. If there is anyone in Brasenose or eningeering, please feel free to PM me.
BTW, I found little repl or information about Brasenose. a really low profile college?
REST IN PEACE OXFORD kmt
my track updated this morning too :smile:

weirdly I thought it might be a rejection from Durham...I actually would find it rather amusing if they now rejected me, as I really don't have any intention of going there after I got into Oxford...but nope, just lovely Oxford confirming that I have an offer, wooooo :biggrin:
Hey, I have an offer for Engineering at St Catz :biggrin:
My track hasn't updated yet... I want it to hurry up so my offer is officially official!
my ucas has not updated yet...
Reply 310
Original post by Habitué
Hello,

I'm interested in wondering what sort of offers Scottish candidates got for Oxford, taking into account Int. 2/Standard Grade and Higher's too, if possible.

Thanks very much! :smile:

Well I got an offer of AAB at advanced higher, but i think if you only do 2 AHs then you can still get an offer of AA and they dont mind that. But it maybe depends on subject a bit i guess.
Reply 311
Original post by moritzplatz
my ucas has not updated yet...

No change here either. Maybe later. :biggrin:
I shall begin the 5 months of procrastination by posting here... :smile:
Nothing's updated on my track yet, I had to send a form back confirming acceptance and I keep worrying I accidentally ticked the 'decline' box! I'm far too paranoid.

Oh I realised my subj isn't in my sig, Spanish & German!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 313
Also, does anyone here know if you can just e-mail the college your exam certificates if you've otherwise got an unconditional offer? Or do you have to post it?

edit: eh, decided to e-mail anyway.
(edited 13 years ago)
UCAS Track updated :smile: At least now I know the letter wasn't a mistake.
Reply 315
Original post by cysxmy
I was accepted by Brasenose and majored in engineering. If there is anyone in Brasenose or eningeering, please feel free to PM me.
BTW, I found little repl or information about Brasenose. a really low profile college?

I wouldn't call Brasenose a low profile college. Our current Prime Minister went there, for example!

It's in a lovely spot too, facing the Radcliffe Camera. You will love it :smile:
Reply 316
Just got massively excited about a new email... Then it's from O2. Let down.
SAFE! Unconditional on UCAS track. Fairly sure it wasn't a mistake now.
i see ucas has been updated for some people. No update for me, so not official yet:biggrin:. i kind of don;t want an update, i'll have to actually begin to study to achieve the grades for my offer.
Reply 319
Hey! If anyone has any questions about Maths/Hertford feel free to ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending