Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by TomasK
A lot as in 5-10% ?

Cambridge interview 90% of eco applicants?? :zomg:
Reply 281
Original post by Firaila
Cambridge interview 90% of eco applicants?? :zomg:

They interview 90% of TOTAL applicants. I would be surprised if the figure was that high given how stiff the competition is for economics.
Reply 282
Original post by Mdawg
They interview 90% of TOTAL applicants. I would be surprised if the figure was that high given how stiff the competition is for economics.

Shouldve applied there tbh :teeth:

Congrats on your Bristol and Bath offers, seems odd to me that they're asking for an A*, is it subject specific?
Reply 283
Original post by Firaila
Shouldve applied there tbh :teeth:

Congrats on your Bristol and Bath offers, seems odd to me that they're asking for an A*, is it subject specific?

No, the A* can be in any subject :smile:

I don't think I was very clear. They interview 90% of applicants across all subjects but it varies for each. It's likely to be significantly lower for economics given that it's so oversubscribed.
Reply 284
Original post by Mdawg
No, the A* can be in any subject :smile:

I don't think I was very clear. They interview 90% of applicants across all subjects but it varies for each. It's likely to be significantly lower for economics given that it's so oversubscribed.

I understood you dw :lol:
Original post by Hxu
umm they're ok
GCSE: 5a*, 5a
A level predicted AAAB (school don't predict a*'s) in maths, further maths, physics and history. Completed economics a level early , got an A in that.

How bout you?

GCSEs 8A*, 2A, B (greek), C (eng lit)
predicted 3A*, A

Original post by CMMD
What do you mean you've been rejected from Cambridge? They said they would only let us know on the 5th Jan? Did you apply this year?

Yeah i was rejected preinterview :frown:
Reply 286
Hey, Ive applied to warwick and durham for economics!!
So far got a conditional offer from durham, nothing so far from warwick.
I just wanted to know which uni offers the better course?? and why??

thanks
Reply 287
Original post by Ahmed.23
Hey, Ive applied to warwick and durham for economics!!
So far got a conditional offer from durham, nothing so far from warwick.
I just wanted to know which uni offers the better course?? and why??

thanks

Well it all depends on you.
However most people will tell you Warwick, due to it being more respected,
Reply 288
Original post by SPMS
Well it all depends on you.
However most people will tell you Warwick, due to it being more respected,

Well, I am pretty good at maths.. so would prefer a more maths-based sort of degree..?..

... Just hoping for the offer!!!
Reply 289
Well, I am pretty good at maths.. so would prefer a more maths-based sort of degree..?..

Considering Warwick's Economic course is supposedly one of the most quantitative in Europe, I would say you should go for Warwick.
Reply 290

Warwick :danceboy:
Reply 291
Original post by Firaila
Warwick :danceboy:

Original post by SPMS
Considering Warwick's Economic course is supposedly one of the most quantitative in Europe, I would say you should go for Warwick.

Thanks,,

what about in terms of employment, career opportunities and environment?? :smile:
Reply 292
Thanks,,

what about in terms of employment, career opportunities and environment?? :smile:

Warwick.
Reply 293
Hey guys, apparently Cambridge interview like two thirds/three quarters of applicants for econ., according to the head of the faculty at King's - I don't know if it's that for all of the other colleges though. I was quite happy when I heard, makes having had an interview more valuable :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Has anyone got an offer from UCL for economics with business and eastern european studies??
they sent me an email saying they'll notify me of their decision in january and so i'm starting to get nervous because it will be sometime soon :|
just three words from me: come on Bath! i really want an offer already :s-smilie:
Reply 296
Original post by i.love.heroes
Has anyone got an offer from UCL for economics with business and eastern european studies??
they sent me an email saying they'll notify me of their decision in january and so i'm starting to get nervous because it will be sometime soon :|

Hey, I've applied to UCL for Econ&Business with Eastern European Studies too, and I've only received the email saying they'll get back to me in January once they've received all the applications, I am so nervouuus! I really as in really want an offer, what about you guys, what are your predicted grades?
Oh interesting, is it true that some universities i.e. UCL/LSE/Warwick waits till 15th January until they give out offers?

I applied in November 25th(quite late I know!), I wonder if I could get an offer by the end of January..?
Reply 298
Original post by wag1bgirl
hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know my position:

Oxford: Interview
UCL: Offer
LSE: Offer
Bristol: Offer
Birmingham: Still Waiting

SOOoooooo happy :biggrin:D

Woww, thats great, what did you applied for? I applied to Oxford, UCL and Bristol too, and no offer made by any of those :/ starting to get nervoous!
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who is applying for Bristol's Economics and Finance undergraduate course. Please feel free to PM or inbox me! :smile: Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending