The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Why has Hleb suddenly got so pants since he left us for Barca? Just cos he hasn't been playing games, or am I remembering him as a better player than he really was?
I thought he was very good when he came on off the bench against Man Utd. Against us..meh, the game was already won. Birmingham wasn't the right move for him -- the Lee Bowyer style of football is preferred to Hleb's and so Hleb can't get many starts. He's just another one in a list of players who thought the grass was greener elsewhere. If you start handing them new contracts after a couple of decent performances, refuse to criticise them publicly when they're rubbish and continuously talk them up, they'll start believing their own hype and think they're too good for the club. It's poor management and it was a poor choice by Hleb to move. **** 'im, at least we got Nasri out of it.
Reply 442
True enough. Similar happenings with Flamini, just as him and Cesc were starting to get a connection. Good point about us getting Nasri through these departures though.
It's quite remarkable how we have lost so many of our first team players over the past 5ish years yet always remained near the top, even if we've lost our year-in year-out prowess that we had under Adams, Vieira, Henry, Berg and co.
Reply 443
Original post by Captain92
Why has Hleb suddenly got so pants since he left us for Barca? Just cos he hasn't been playing games, or am I remembering him as a better player than he really was?

His confidence is absolutely shattered. The form he showed for Arsenal before coming to Barcelona was impressive, based on that alone he could have been a geniune starter for us. Came to Barca and he didn't get many chances (maybe wasn't good in training) and when he did he looked average. One thing we know from certain about Pep is that as much of a nice guy he is, he is a cut-throat type of manager. If you don't do/perform like he wants you have no future at the club, you're simply finished and since Hleb couldn't show anything he was a finished. The loan moves were just to give him playing time and relieve the wage budget but he had no chance of coming back regardless of form. That can dent one's confidence and I feel that is what Hleb has experienced.
Reply 444
Subscribing.
Arshavin is so fat!
maaaybe this is the 11 12 kit.... i find the crest too big and disproportionate

the leafs ruin it imo :colonhash: couldn't they have done something else to make it special?
Reply 447
Original post by antonfigo

the leafs ruin it imo :colonhash: couldn't they have done something else to make it special?
Slap on the golden arm badges, and I think it'll look perfect.
Reply 448

I like it :sexface:

Our kits are always lush, the current one is our best for a while I think
O2 always looks sexy

:yes:
Reply 453
On my FM game Arsenal are top of the scoring from corners chart :rofl:
Reply 454
JK.
OP
Leave the kits alone, tbh. The current 2 are beautiful. :coma:
Reply 455
Dare I say it Arsenal may finish above Chelskei this season... :u:
Arsenal are sex this season. Just stop ****ing about with weaker teams and you'll win the league.
Reply 457
Uncle got me tickets for the Leeds game, I'm going to be in Italy :mad2:
Original post by rlw31
Uncle got me tickets for the Leeds game, I'm going to be in Italy :mad2:

So you're trying to sell a plane ticket to Italy?
Bergkamp named new Ajax youth team coach today.

Latest