The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

jeez..neg rep for giving some uselful websites...tch!
Reply 621
Original post by sweetchilli
thanks...positive rep always welcomed...lol :tongue:

iv used up my rep but tomo il give you pos rep :smile:
Reply 622
Original post by G550NDH
Do you mean questions on Glasgow's / Scotland's Health and their NHS ?

yer, i read a bit on Wikipedia and couple of mins on the proposed euthanasia law and that was it. Basically, i only got questioned on what i knew. Anyone else i know got harder questions
Reply 623
can't believe it's taken me this long to find the thread! had an interview on the 17th of december. can't believe i managed to make it from cardiff and the person before me couldn't get in from glasgow, crazy!
but nah, i thought the woman was almost rude with her whole manner. it was really intense. the guy was lovely though. i felt more like i was being quizzed on how much i knew about glasgow medicine as a pose to them asking about me. ah well! can't win them all :frown:
Reply 624
Original post by tilly_tot
can't believe it's taken me this long to find the thread! had an interview on the 17th of december. can't believe i managed to make it from cardiff and the person before me couldn't get in from glasgow, crazy!
but nah, i thought the woman was almost rude with her whole manner. it was really intense. the guy was lovely though. i felt more like i was being quizzed on how much i knew about glasgow medicine as a pose to them asking about me. ah well! can't win them all :frown:

I had two women, one was pretty nice and once was starting straight at my mouth with her head tilted and kept interrupting to ask a totally different question, lol but fun. Reckon they're playing good cop bad cop?
Original post by dmz
I had two women, one was pretty nice and once was starting straight at my mouth with her head tilted and kept interrupting to ask a totally different question, lol but fun. Reckon they're playing good cop bad cop?

perhaps you had food around your mouth?

how did it work though if she kept interrupting you....

I'd say that wasn't fair as you wouldn't have been able to give a decent answer...
Reply 626
Original post by infernalcradle
perhaps you had food around your mouth?

how did it work though if she kept interrupting you....

I'd say that wasn't fair as you wouldn't have been able to give a decent answer...

haha I didn't. She had one of those concentrating fixed glare, I got used to it after she did it twice but it meant I never ran out of answers (good enough hopefully), had few second for each questions ready or do it felt so I had to cut to the chase pretty quick. the interview lasted like over 20 mins so I hope means it was good.
Original post by caterpillar1988
Well done all those receiving interviews hopefully mines is still in the post! :smile: what were your ukcat scores and stats of those who got interviews recently?
Thanks! xx:smile:

Ukcat was 2850
5 A's at higher and 3 A's at advanced higher
(im a re-applicant!)

gooood luck :smile:
Reply 628
Original post by G550NDH
They could ask how can the general health in West Scotland be improved. My mate got asked that

Why WEST scotland? I'm and international so i dont really know what's different about west scotland. Is it less developed or poorer compared to the rest of UK? what's so special about it?

Thanks!:smile:
Reply 629
Original post by teafil
Why WEST scotland? I'm and international so i dont really know what's different about west scotland. Is it less developed or poorer compared to the rest of UK? what's so special about it?

Glasgow is in the west of Scotland lol .... i saw it on a sheet of interview questions someone gave me
Original post by teafil

Haha! Oh boy, you are in for an absolute shocker when you arrive in Glasgow and see places like Possilpark, Shettleston, Parkhead etc. Then you have places on the outskirts of Glasgow like Airdre, Bellshill and Coatbridge :smile:

After factoring out socioeconomic status the west coast of Scotland is still by far the least healthy place in Scotland. Indeed, NHS GG&C along with NHS Lanarkshire have the highest incidence of CHD in the UK by a considerable amount. I don't have lung cancer or stroke figures to hand but I'd be willing to bet the mortality and morbidity rates will be sky high too.
Reply 631

How was she rude ? :smile:

I work as a pharmacist in a hospital and several of the doctors have told me Glasgow love to do the whole good cop, bad cop thing... And apparently they still do it when interviewing for training places later on in life too...
Original post by G550NDH
Glasgow is in the west of Scotland lol .... i saw it on a sheet of interview questions someone gave me

you wouldn't still have that in an email-able form now would you??

:biggrin:
Reply 634
I had my interview and it went weirdly. it didn't seem to focus on my motivation, or biomedical knowledge. it seemed to be mostly about my knowledge of the course which i found weird. the interviewers were asking me about a part of the course that attracted me to glasgow, and i thought i'd said it all, the said they wanted me to talk about SSCs. which are hardly unique to glasgow, so wasn't what crossed my mind.

dunno how that will come out..

just for anyone who has any interviews coming up
I still haven't heard anything and am starting to get worried....

when do they stop interviewing?

should I call them?
Reply 636
March. Waiting is horrible
Reply 637
Original post by confuchaz
I had my interview and it went weirdly. it didn't seem to focus on my motivation, or biomedical knowledge. it seemed to be mostly about my knowledge of the course which i found weird. the interviewers were asking me about a part of the course that attracted me to glasgow, and i thought i'd said it all, the said they wanted me to talk about SSCs. which are hardly unique to glasgow, so wasn't what crossed my mind.

dunno how that will come out..

just for anyone who has any interviews coming up

sounds like the right interview. Try not to think back to it. I get both happy and depressed when i do. My only interview so far as well
Original post by dmz
March. Waiting is horrible

hmm...agreed on that one....its just that I have a UKCAT of 725 and so its really really annoying/worrying...

ps. has anyone got offers yet or do they interview everyone and then hand them out
Reply 639
Original post by infernalcradle
hmm...agreed on that one....its just that I have a UKCAT of 725 and so its really really annoying/worrying...

ps. has anyone got offers yet or do they interview everyone and then hand them out

you're probably guaranteed an interview then. Assuming the rest of your application is fine. They interview everyone first before giving out offers. So frustrating, being my only interview so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending