The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Rich!!
I was 12:45 start, ooo ooo and we were the first "batch" of interviewees :biggrin: so I would guess that, yes, we were both there!! :P were you the first to have her interview? :smile:

xx

I was second actually! First for LAMDA and got a place hehe. Still waiting on RADA... which school is your first choice?
Reply 121
Original post by Virna
I was second actually! First for LAMDA and got a place hehe. Still waiting on RADA... which school is your first choice?

Ahhh awesome :biggrin: I think RADA's my first... impressive budget for shows (that set was awwesome!) :smile:

I'm also still waiting on RADA... i thought they said they would stay in touch? :L its been over a month now... :tongue: and awesome, well done on your LAMDA!! :biggrin: let me know if you hear anything from RADA... :tongue: x
Reply 122
Original post by Rich!!
Ahhh awesome :biggrin: I think RADA's my first... impressive budget for shows (that set was awwesome!) :smile:

I'm also still waiting on RADA... i thought they said they would stay in touch? :L its been over a month now... :tongue: and awesome, well done on your LAMDA!! :biggrin: let me know if you hear anything from RADA... :tongue: x

RADA is my first choice too! The set was amazing!!! Hopefully see you there in September. Let's cross our fingers for each other hehe
Original post by Rich!!
Ahhh goodo, glad it went well, yep - they rearranged for January 13th... I have exams on the 12th and 14th which isnt the most useful.... :s-smilie: theeen Rose Bruford the week after :tongue: also got a Guildhall interview arranged for March! it's aaages away!! :tongue: i want to get them over and done with quicker :tongue: doesn't help that they all ask for different things though, some say "just bring yourself", CSSD wanted a project (how did that go btw?) :smile: Guildhall want me to o an essay on a play that they'll show us when we get there... :confused: and that's a shame about your 2 cancelled interviews, did they rearrange them? :s-smilie: x

Aww no.. I was really worried about having interviews around exams.. Good luck with them =D Im missing the whole first week of college because of my GSA interview and work experience and I have an exam as soon as I go back..

Yeah they're all so different and all the requirements and stuff are really vague!! Haha Centrals project drove me insane for ages because i was overthinking it loads.. tbh im not really sure how it went because it was so vague and everyone had such different things but it was good to see how different people approached it =) Guildhall sounds hard tho... I havent applied there so i cant really help you there haha but good luck with it im sure youll be fine.. theyll probably pick a play you can say a lot about!!

And yeah my GSA interview has been rearranged (next week!! eeek) but still havent heard back from lamda and theyre like my top choice i think so really hoping to hear back from them soon
xxx
Hi :smile: Sorry to butt in, but is it too late to apply for a Drama course? I'm actually thinking English & Drama but have I missed the boat?
Reply 125
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Aww no.. I was really worried about having interviews around exams.. Good luck with them =D Im missing the whole first week of college because of my GSA interview and work experience and I have an exam as soon as I go back..

Yeah they're all so different and all the requirements and stuff are really vague!! Haha Centrals project drove me insane for ages because i was overthinking it loads.. tbh im not really sure how it went because it was so vague and everyone had such different things but it was good to see how different people approached it =) Guildhall sounds hard tho... I havent applied there so i cant really help you there haha but good luck with it im sure youll be fine.. theyll probably pick a play you can say a lot about!!

And yeah my GSA interview has been rearranged (next week!! eeek) but still havent heard back from lamda and theyre like my top choice i think so really hoping to hear back from them soon
xxx

Ahhh thanks :smile: Good luck next week!! :biggrin: xx

Haha youre not butting in :P discussions for everyone :biggrin: if you've still got a couple choices left on your UCAS you may still be able to add some choices... not sure about the private uni's though :smile: might be worth going on their websites and find out individually :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by Virna
RADA is my first choice too! The set was amazing!!! Hopefully see you there in September. Let's cross our fingers for each other hehe

Indeedy :biggrin: GOOD LUCK!! :tongue: xx
Hey =D Of course youre not butting in... Yeah UCAS deadline isnt until like 16th of January or something like that so you've got a few days to apply there and youll just have to check the drama school websites cos their deadlines vary depending on the course you want to apply for
Hope this helps!!
xxx
Hi (not sure if this is the right thread to post this but...whatever)

Is anyone else applying to BSA? I'm really struggling to find a contempory monologue that fits my age/experiences. Not wanting to kind steal anyone's ideas but any help you can give would be great - because seriously, post-1990 monologues are hard to find!:s-smilie:
Original post by ---Leanne
Hi everyone

I've applied to:
Exeter - i have an interview/workshop at the end of jan
Kent - (drama with philosophy degree) conditional offer
Plymouth - conditional offer
Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama- audition in feb
don't know how to chose. ideally exeter but who knows :tongue:

someone said they had an offer from exeter, what was the workshop like ?:smile:

thanks x

that was meeeee i think!

it was fine! i was proper scared though. workshop was just exploring ways of leading with different parts of your body, movement etc.

interview was scary, they quiz you on your personal statement a lot but just sound enthusiastic and you will be fine!!!

devised piece was ok, they seem to mark you on how well you cooperate in a group, so just look like you are helping the group, dont talk over anyone, listen etc!!

you will be fine --- good luck!!!
Reply 130
Hey, thought I'd jump on the band wagon !

I'm applying to CSSD and Bruford for Sound. Had my Central interview a week or two ago, and have Rose Bruford this week - The letter mentioned writing a 500 word essay on the day, so that's gonna be a fun one :s-smilie:

I've also applied to LIPA and Guildhall, the latter I have an interview for in March, Awaiting information on LIPA

:smile:
Reply 131
Original post by chompers
Hey, thought I'd jump on the band wagon !

I'm applying to CSSD and Bruford for Sound. Had my Central interview a week or two ago, and have Rose Bruford this week - The letter mentioned writing a 500 word essay on the day, so that's gonna be a fun one :s-smilie:

I've also applied to LIPA and Guildhall, the latter I have an interview for in March, Awaiting information on LIPA

:smile:

hey dude!
Finally someone applying to the same as me. I'm applying to CSSD, Rose Bruford and LIPA for sound. I had an interview and got an offer already for rose bruford, they were amazing, really nice people. How did u find your CSSD one? I'm really nervous about it, its my first choice and yeah.... any advice?

Thanks man and good luck!
Reply 132
Original post by Rich!!
Guildhall want me to o an essay on a play that they'll show us when we get there... :confused:

The essay for them isn't hard at all :smile:
Reply 133
So who's at central tomorrow for acting? spend more time mentally preparing than rehearsing lines so you at least do the best you could have at that moment of time.
Reply 134
Does anyone have a LIPA audition next week freaking it here dont know what to write for my devised piece
Heyy,
I've just joined the forum, I'm applying for drama schools this year, but I'm only applying for RADA, Bristol Old Vic and Rose Bruford. I figured that I'd be better to apply to the three that I passionately want to go to, rather than applying to drama schools that I'm not excited by, just for the sake of getting in somewhere.

I have a question: To anyone auditioning at RADA in London, do we go to Gower Street, or the other entrance???
Original post by Rich!!

about that... yeah, RADA is actually operating on a massive deficit right now, so I'd be careful to assume they can continue this "massive budget" speculation :wink:
Original post by Sarahleex
Does anyone have a LIPA audition next week freaking it here dont know what to write for my devised piece

What do you have to write?
Reply 138
Original post by FluffyLion
What do you have to write?

it has to be a 2 minute devised piece on my self it sounds so easy to do but im actually finding it so difficult !!
Reply 139
Original post by tactac
hey dude!
Finally someone applying to the same as me. I'm applying to CSSD, Rose Bruford and LIPA for sound. I had an interview and got an offer already for rose bruford, they were amazing, really nice people. How did u find your CSSD one? I'm really nervous about it, its my first choice and yeah.... any advice?

Thanks man and good luck!

Ahhh nice one, what offer did you get? Also, how was the essay thing?

CSSD was alrightey, really informal and relaxing. It's just group work in the mornings with no right or wrong answers, just ideasss. The photos and items aren't overlly important, as to what they are i mean. And then the afternoon there are the interviews, where you all sit in a room, and they go on around the edge with the relevant tutor. Interviews seemed to last about 20 minutes or so, not too bad really.

Good luck to you tooooo! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending