The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cadence
Same, the tension as I was waiting for Track to load was awful ... and then the neat little column of four Conditionals came up ... phew :cool: Mine was updated at 10.32 this morning.

Also - does anyone know if all the open offer letters were sent out by St Hugh's? I'm wondering if it means anything that mine was ...

No - my friend got an open offer letter from Somerville after initially applying to New for Chemistry (she had her third interview at Somerville).
Came through on Track this morning :smile: offer for history at Hertford. (for the list)
Original post by ubermensch
Tell me you buffoons didn't apply to Oxford through UCAS, if you apply privately you have a much higher chance of A. actually being accepted and B. being offered a place very quickly. Also you can apply to as many universities as you like (more than the paltry 5) it also allows you to apply to Cambridge at the same time (which is the offer I have accepted)

Urrm, You do realise that this is the 'Oxford Offer Holders Thread', right?
So well,.. how can I put this? ......we have been accepted, and so your 'statistics' really don't matter. kk, right bye.
Reply 343
Original post by Salliana23
No - my friend got an open offer letter from Somerville after initially applying to New for Chemistry (she had her third interview at Somerville).

Okay - thank you! :smile:
Received my offer in track for physics at Mansfield today! :smile:
Dagnabbit, track hasn't updated yet :tumble:
Reply 346
SAME! Hurry up Worcester :frown:
Any track updates from St. John's yet? I'm still waiting :frown:
Oxford firmed :cool:

I didn't realise that you have to have decisions from all 5 unis before you can reply to your offers :p: Bath was the only uni which hadn't replied but I couldn't be arsed to wait so I withdrew the application. I want to apply for student finance as soon as! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
anyone else still waiting for track to be updated?
im starting to feel that my offer was actually a mistake aaaa (me freaking out)
Reply 350
It's still a Bank Holiday, most people aren't even back in their offices until tomorrow! I wouldn't worry. Having said that, I'm ****ting bricks right here...
Original post by BeritV
Sorry everyone I was in Italy for 3 days so didn't update the list, but it's now fully updated (if you see any mistakes there, let me know!)

haii haii can you add me to the list of christ church-ers for english, ta very much :smile:
Reply 352
E&M at St. Edmund

Offer: AAA (A in econs and maths)

Anyone else going to Teddy Hall?
Reply 353
Original post by BeritV
I miss our closed thread already and so I had to make this thread.

Discuss anything at all, just like we did in our previous thread. :smile:

All of you, join here and may this thread be the new favourite tread for all the Oxford lovers :-)

Since it seems that people do want a list, I will produce one (sorted by colleges primarily, then by subjects)
- if there are any mistakes here, let me know, please. Also, if you want to be included in the list and you do not have your college and subject info in your signature, include this info in your post here :-)

Oxford Offer Holders list:

Spoiler

Hi! Thanks for creating the thread!

You can include me in the list. I'm into Magdalen College for Physics.

Thanks again.
Reply 354
Original post by gasmask
SAME! Hurry up Worcester :frown:

:O Maths and CompSci at Worcester? I met a guy applying for that in the porter's lodge, signing in as I was signing out and going to catch my train - I wonder if you're the same person? Haha
Original post by cysxmy
I was accepted by Brasenose and majored in engineering. If there is anyone in Brasenose or eningeering, please feel free to PM me.
BTW, I found little repl or information about Brasenose. a really low profile college?

Hooray another Brasenose offeree! I applied for Law :biggrin:

I suppose you didn't choose Brasenose; did you interview there? I was re-allocated pre-interview from Jesus: It's a lovely college, really central location with accomodation in central Oxford for all years! The grounds don't look nice currently (no quads) because of the on-going renovation works but it's small and cosy. The JCR is very nice!

Michael Palin and David Cameron are Brasenose alumni. :smile:
Original post by TurnerE

Original post by TurnerE
Oh, yeah i thin you're right about JHU. LAcs, eh? I live in Los Angeles, and I honestly couldn't imagine applying to a uni in my home city! Which ones are you looking at? UCLA is really beautiful :smile: I'm not applying anywhere in the US because I don't really like it here so I"m only looking to move back home to England. Good luck with your apps (I'm assuming you've already sent them in right? or do they have a mid-january deadline now?)

U r lucky to live in LA... well LACs is short for liberal arts colleges... i am particular about school size cuz i wanna live in a really small community ^ ^

thanx... i've got one school left cuz its got a deadline on 15th... should be over soon really.

y do u wanna move to england though... doesnt make sense to me.
Reply 357
Hi, philosophy&french at oriel....they asked me to accpet a deferred entry in 2012 but gave me an offer for 2011 anyway!
i was dying of nerves but now i'm happy
Original post by kxarvud
Hi, philosophy&french at oriel....they asked me to accpet a deferred entry in 2012 but gave me an offer for 2011 anyway!
i was dying of nerves but now i'm happy

Congratulations! Do you know why they changed their mind?
Reply 359
Original post by mishieru07
Hooray another Brasenose offeree! I applied for Law :biggrin:

I suppose you didn't choose Brasenose; did you interview there? I was re-allocated pre-interview from Jesus: It's a lovely college, really central location with accomodation in central Oxford for all years! The grounds don't look nice currently (no quads) because of the on-going renovation works but it's small and cosy. The JCR is very nice!

Michael Palin and David Cameron are Brasenose alumni. :smile:

In fact, I chose open for college and university chose Brasenose for me. I had my interview there and I was grateful that school picked a good college for me. Have you received the letter and forms from Brasenose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending