The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Klinsmannic
Bergkamp named new Ajax youth team coach today.

Give it a few years...
Reply 461
JK.
OP
What a GEL.

Reply 462
I bet his mum took that picture of him :rofl2:
Reply 463
I still don't know why N'Zogbia headbutted Wilshere? Anyone know?
Reply 464
I don't think he meant to headbutt him, he just finally fell asleep.
Reply 465
:rofl:
Original post by Faith01
I still don't know why N'Zogbia headbutted Wilshere? Anyone know?

Wilshere probably wound him up, the whole incident was a bit odd because I was sure it should have been our freekick
Reply 467
Silva out injured for an estimated two weeks, Balotelli a possible replacement for Wednesday

The way I see it, Balotelli is not as creative as Silva, but more potent in front of goal. If this was at the Eastlands, I'd have been very worried indeed; as it stands, I'm a bit concerned but Sagna's good form is reassuring.

EDIT: Also, thoughts on Vela's possible (probable?) loan move to Bolton? I think it could be an excellent move if it goes through, Vela was a massive prospect before his form plummeted and he lost all favour with Wenger...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
Silva out injured for an estimated two weeks, Balotelli a possible replacement for Wednesday

The way I see it, Balotelli is not as creative as Silva, but more potent in front of goal. If this was at the Eastlands, I'd have been very worried indeed; as it stands, I'm a bit concerned but Sagna's good form is reassuring.

EDIT: Also, thoughts on Vela's possible (probable?) loan move to Bolton? I think it could be an excellent move if it goes through, Vela was a massive prospect before his form plummeted and he lost all favour with Wenger...

Perfect for Bolton. For City, I'm feeling characteristically unconfident. But maybe it'll turn out to be a borefest like last season or the manchester derby
If I'm allowed to brag a bit, I haven't called a result wrong in a while. Thought we'd lose to manyoo, thought we'd beat chelsea, thought we'd draw against wigan, thought we'd beat birmingham.

I think Wenger will go with Chamakh instead of Van Persie and pull Walcott out the line-up for Arshavin. i.e. change a winning formula, and we'll go on to drop points. Unsure whether it could be a defeat or a draw.

I'll call a draw. 1-1.
Original post by Overmars
If I'm allowed to brag a bit, I haven't called a result wrong in a while. Thought we'd lose to manyoo, thought we'd beat chelsea, thought we'd draw against wigan, thought we'd beat birmingham.

I think Wenger will go with Chamakh instead of Van Persie and pull Walcott out the line-up for Arshavin. i.e. change a winning formula, and we'll go on to drop points. Unsure whether it could be a defeat or a draw.

I'll call a draw. 1-1.

Yea i noticed! You have your right to brag :colonhash:
Well, hopefully not after Wednesday!
Reply 472
Original post by Overmars
Well, hopefully not after Wednesday!

:ditto: A win would be essential for our title challenge to remain on track.
Reply 473
JK.
OP

Vela ramble

As for City, I currently have very mixed feelings. After Brum, I was feeling very confident we'd go on and win this game, but I have to agree that it's all about the team Wenger selects. I'm not sure how much he will change things around though. Whilst I don't think that he should have made the changes he did for the Wigan game, it should mean that certain players - namely the likes of RvP, Nasri and Walcott should all be 100% for this game. When you consider our FA and Carling cup policy, and that they are the only games we have between City and next weekend*, top players won't need resting again, so in theory, this selection should all be about who our best squad to face City are. Nothing else.

I'd go:

--Szczesny--
--Sagna----Djourou--Kos----Clichy--
--Song--
--Cesc-----------Wilshere--
--Theo---------------------------------Nasri--
--RvP--

Obviously there'll be Fab in for Shez, but after his performance the other night, I think Djourou has done enough to cement his place, not sure if Kos will be preferred to Squill, I tend to think he will be, though. Song sitting deep for large parts of the game and actually playing the CDM role as he's shown he knows how, could be crucial. Cesc's appearance back in the side is a massive boost and for me, could be the deciding factor. The biggest decision Wenger will have to make, will be the front 3. I'd still with the same choice as the Chelsea game, and I think Wenger may do the same. I can see Chamakh being brought back in, though. RvP has certainly played his part since returning, but has looked a bit wasteful in front of goal. His far superior creative ability tips it for me.

Tevez's ability to actually convert chances (which was non-existent at the weekend)/Fabianski's performance, may play a large part, but hopefully not. That line up, or something fairly similar, with some big names on the bench, should be enough, imo.

I do however, tend to agree with everything that Overs has to say, so I'm now quite worried. :colondollar:

This game is massive in terms of our season and will be a good indicator of how well we can challenge for the title. If we win, given Chelsea's form and United's ****eness (despite their position :colonhash:), I, and I'm sure many others, will once again start to build hopes up for what will inevitably be another failure, come May. :h:

*Anyone else hoping Szczesny will shine again in these games and get a proper opportunity in the first team? :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 474
It seems that City will be without both Silva and Balotelli for tomorrow's game, which I'm guessing means Milner will play on the left and Johnson on the right...

If Wenger goes with the same lineup he did against Birmingham, I'm fairly confident of a win.
Reply 475
Shaun Wright Phillips :teeth:
I think a loan for Vela would be superb if he can have that work ethic to put in effort at a club like Bolton..As for tomorrows game..well it depends how we approach it and how djourou and kos handle tevez.. song also needs to stop that yaya toure supply..as for the wide areas, I'm not that concerned.......well maybe clichy with adam johnson but thats for us to look forward to..

also neew sig :colone:
Original post by Abiraleft

They're without Balotelli too now. He'll be about to watch Jack from the stands.

Also, who would've predicted we'd be loaning out players to Bolton a couple of seasons ago? Owen Coyle has really altered how they play quickly.
Reply 478
Original post by voodoomagic
They're without Balotelli too now.

Yes, I posted that about three hours ago. :smug: :tongue:

He'll be about to watch Jack from the stands.

:rofl: Maybe he'll come down to the tunnel and show him his Golden Boy at half time.
Reply 479
He still won't know who Jack is. Probably be at the executive bar.

Latest