The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosswold
Hey, I also chose international and my favourite two unis are also Columbia and Caltech... seems like they're the most wanted unis :biggrin: But no surprise there, I mean Caltech is on of the best unis for CS and Columbia is an Ivy located in New York City...

(Hopefully) just a few more days and I'll know if I firm UCL or not.

And I agree with you regarding Imperial... if I had to decide between UCL and Imperial I don't know if I would take Imperial, even if it's better at CS. But since I already got rejected from Imperial (because they apparently have no clue about my education system) that decision was already made for me^^

:eek: What course was that for? It doesn't sound very fair to me! What country are you from btw? I swear you can't JUST get rejected because of a slightly different education system :shock:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2021
I'm from Austria and got rejected for Computing BEng. They said from Austria they only take students with all 1s (the best grades and from what I've read/heard they're better/harder to get than an A). And I didn't get only 1s, but still an "Ausgezeichneter Erfolg" (loosely translated Excellent success), which you only get if you got at least 90% of the best grades possible and it is the best achievement you can get at the final exams.
And I also attended a technical school (in Austria unique) where the Maths is harder than at normal Austrian schools and we also learned about Programming and that stuff.

That's the background story and based on that and that not even Oxbridge expects that kind of grades I guess they don't know much about Austria.
Reply 2022
Original post by naugh123
soz :frown:. my friend is also applying to medicine at UCL and she still hasnt heard from them. but i think of it this way, medicine is medicine so i dont think it really matters where you go! just as long as you get into a course somewhere gives you the cause to celebrate! good luck with it all! and i hate the whole BMAT and UKCAT testing. it actually pisses me off. you have been wanting to do something all your life and been working hard towards your goal yet one little exam determines whether you are capable? high grades and determination already proves that. you dont need another exam on top of it. i hope they ban these in the future.

sorry for the rant lol.

No i totally agree with you! i cant see mydelf doing anything but Medicine its actually my life and now because of this some stupid test i take its so much harder. what does taken a little aptitude test prove about your ability to be a doctor! sheesh. And i agree i dont care where i get in, as long as i get into a med school. and tell your friend, NO news is good news! at least it means you havent been rejected yet. :smile:
anyone know when UCL admissions are reopening? I know manc is on the 5th....
Reply 2024
Original post by yt_93
No i totally agree with you! i cant see mydelf doing anything but Medicine its actually my life and now because of this some stupid test i take its so much harder. what does taken a little aptitude test prove about your ability to be a doctor! sheesh. And i agree i dont care where i get in, as long as i get into a med school. and tell your friend, NO news is good news! at least it means you havent been rejected yet. :smile:

thank you! its pretty stupid tbh but i guess everything happens for a reason. you may enjoy yourself more at another uni. who knows? good luck! and yep iv told her over and over!
Username: TSR5678
Course: BA Geography
Planned entry: 2011

I've got an open day at UCL. It's supposed to include a group seminar/tutorial. Just wondering if anyone's been to an open day or interview day and if you know what's the differences exactly??
Original post by ForFreedom
Has anyone had an interview for Geography at UCL?...

I've been invited to an open day im not sure if thats different to an interview day or not. What about you?
Original post by hamzab
Economics and Geography.

Anyone else got any news, offer/rejections, open day etc?

hey i applied for BA geography. Did you get an open day or interview day invitation?
Original post by tillytots
anyone know when UCL admissions are reopening? I know manc is on the 5th....

i think its the 4th of January
Reply 2029
anyone had a deal where they tell you you're in but don't give out the details of the offer for a while? I was told I was admitted on Dec 15 for ESPS and I still haven't gotten my formal offer-- don't know if it's unconditional or conditional (I'm american, have 6 APs at 5 and 1 at 4. Thats equivalent to AAAAAAB and am taking 3 more at the end of this year). My other offers are unconditional... what am I to think and when will I hear back with my formal offer? Anyone have any tips? Thanks a lot
Reply 2030
Original post by coffee-spoons

Original post by coffee-spoons
I got an email monday saying i was through to the next 'phase'... whatever that means.

same. was wondering if everybody got this or just selected people.
anyone got offers for UCL law yet? y do they take so long? :s
Original post by dantaub
anyone had a deal where they tell you you're in but don't give out the details of the offer for a while? I was told I was admitted on Dec 15 for ESPS and I still haven't gotten my formal offer-- don't know if it's unconditional or conditional (I'm american, have 6 APs at 5 and 1 at 4. Thats equivalent to AAAAAAB and am taking 3 more at the end of this year). My other offers are unconditional... what am I to think and when will I hear back with my formal offer? Anyone have any tips? Thanks a lot

Do you mean as in you've been recommended for an offer but it hasn't come through UCAS yet? Cos I'm in that position, got my letter around the 5th of Dec and have still heard nothing...
Reply 2033
I applied for Geography. i can't find the date of the open day anywhere and i didn't get a reply back when i sent my slip saying i would be going. i know it's in january, does anyone know? i cant find it online either.
Original post by DanceisLifee
Do you mean as in you've been recommended for an offer but it hasn't come through UCAS yet? Cos I'm in that position, got my letter around the 5th of Dec and have still heard nothing...

:smile:On the UCL site it says that firm offers will not be sent out until after 15th January and people interviewed after this date will get a decision within five weeks. Hope this helps.:biggrin:
Original post by krishanchopra
anyone got offers for UCL law yet? y do they take so long? :s

No!!! gd to know it's not just me waiting,
i know that durham gave some out today, but i didn't get one!
Awwww... I've sent my application on 8th of December and still they didn't even sent an acknowledgement... heh, I didn't get any e-mail from them! Should I ask them if they receved my application or not? It's strange....
P.S. Computer Science
Original post by TSR5678
Username: TSR5678
Course: BA Geography
Planned entry: 2011

I've got an open day at UCL. It's supposed to include a group seminar/tutorial. Just wondering if anyone's been to an open day or interview day and if you know what's the differences exactly??

Original post by TSR5678
I've been invited to an open day im not sure if thats different to an interview day or not. What about you?

Hey,
Open day basically means an offer/acceptance.
Interview means borderline applicant :rolleyes:

So well done for getting an open day invitation! :smile:
I've heard at the open day, all they do is make you sit in groups and there's a geography article or something on the table and you discuss it within your group. It's not a test or anything.
Offer!! human sciences.. so excited :biggrin:
Reply 2039
Am I the only person who loves being interviewed? I probably just like talking about myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending