The Student Room Group

What features are attractive to a girl about a guy that a guy can control?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ithoughtofthis
I could never not say 'thank you' to someone who has taken the time and effort (however little it may be) to hold the door for me, or do any small yet meaninful act of kindness..!

You'll find someone who appreciates that in you :smile: (Y)

Lol, ta. Just pisses me off when people don't even acknowledge you've opened the door for them. It's not rare for people to walk straight past me without even looking at me when I hold the door open, the very least they could do is look back, and a nod wouldn't go amiss either.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm talking muscle shtuff, fashion, certain character traits etc. that a guy has control over, that he can change, adapt etc (unlike facial features for example), that girls find attractive.

Feel very free indeed to give some sort of weighting to your answers (certain muscle group more important than another, fashion more important than [blablabla] etc.).

Anon because this is fairly personal!

OMG hair. Definitely hair. Curly hair is sooo cute. My current boyfriend has curly hair and it's adorable. If curly suits you, yay. xx Happy New Year
Original post by Awesome-ness
OMG hair. Definitely hair. Curly hair is sooo cute. My current boyfriend has curly hair and it's adorable. If curly suits you, yay. xx Happy New Year

Current? Going to trade him in? :wink: (You reminded me of a joke)
hello.

APPEARANCE-WISE
*lean/slim. but NOT muscular,i hate this. not fat either.
*does not shave or wax chest,legs, todger,etc.......man hair is for man.
*....but no beard or moustaches.
*HAIR - no dyed colourings,i like natural. doesn't have obviously overstyled hair (gel=yuk!).but still has decent length of hair,not a fan of 'buzz cut'
*no guyliner!
*no piercings and NO TATTOOS
*CLOTHING - doesn't wear trousers too low/exposes his underwear.or i wedgie him to punish him and be gone ¬.¬

....NOT APPREANCE RELATED
*polite. quiet also,for i am quiet person too ^^ non cockey/overconfident peoples please.
*likes video games. POKEMON = BONUS ;D
*does not have harsh scottish,irish,liverpudlian,cockney (amongst others) type of accent....i have hard enough time talking english myself,i don't need additional challenge of understanding what i'm told ;/
*does not address me or my family + frends by 'OI' or 'hey sexy'....etc
*does not act 'street'
*is loyal,but not overbearingly so that he doesn't talk to others.
*non smoker....and preferably doesnt drink alcohol either
*keeps clean,but does not wear strong aftershave fragrance.and does not use 'lynx' products,they smell awful.

.........wow,long list.
but i do not think there is anything too demanding/impossible on it(?) :'D
I think hair is one, i love guys who have longish hair, not too long, like when it goes passed the neck but when it's all shabby and stuff, its sexy :wink:
Original post by alexs2602
Current? Going to trade him in? :wink: (You reminded me of a joke)

No, it just doesn't seem likely that we'll be together once we leave for different Unis. That's all. (You remind me of a joke too. A bad one :wink: )
Reply 86
xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Humour/confidence (NOT arrogance)
Not too many hair products (or Bieber styling, it makes me cringe)/overpowering aftershave
Reasonably in shape...arms especially :smile:
No piercings/huge tattoos
Not too 'styled' clothes wise, but not just endless combinations of zip up hoodies and trackies
No regular smokers...
Look after your skin, with tablets if necessary - it makes or breaks
Sorted. Sorry for being so boring :/
Reply 88
holy crap, smell? never thought of that maybe that's why girls ditch me on first date haha
Reply 89
haha... if i was to list everything on the last 5 pages, i'd run out of gigabytes in my computer.
Reply 90
Hair, hair, hair and hair is sooooo important in making a guy look good as much as it is to a girl. Theres this guy at my gym who I always thought was cute. But the minute he grew it an inch or so longer and it got a bit of the 'messy' look I went CRAZY for him, way more so than his body getting buffer, which didnt even really make a difference. Get a hairstyle that really suits you and the difference will be unimaginable.
Original post by Awesome-ness
No, it just doesn't seem likely that we'll be together once we leave for different Unis. That's all. (You remind me of a joke too. A bad one :wink: )

Hope it wasnt the same as my one, dont suppose it was by Jimmy Carr?
**** spending £70 on a bottle of perfume, really. As long as youre clean who gives a **** what artificial scent you give yourself? What a really rubbish "trait" to value...
- Well dressed in clothes that suit him. Fashion and/or the price of the clothes is largely irrelevant to this.
- Nice hair, again, that suits him. Not everyone looks good with the same haircut, have whatever looks right on you.
- Smell. Get some nice cologne. :sogood:
- Confidence. Stand up straight, hold your head up, make eye contact.
- Physical fitness.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Alex Supertramp
**** spending £70 on a bottle of perfume, really. As long as youre clean who gives a **** what artificial scent you give yourself? What a really rubbish "trait" to value...

That's the power of marketing for you.
Reply 95
good arms
good clothes/hair - clothes dont have to be particularly fashionable, just fit well/look good, you can tell when people obviously havent bought any new clothes for yonks and just wear the ones their mum bought them a few years ago.
CONFIDENCE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending