The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qua
I had a dream in which they kept a file of my postings on here. They invited me to a discussion in which they told me I was rejected and gave "evidence" by quoting some of the things I wrote on here. :s-smilie:
:rofl:
Original post by qua

I wonder if we should get a new offers thread on the 6th? With all the discussion going on, this one has kinda failed to answer its purpose. :wink:

i'm thinking we should definitely get a new offers thread. this has turned into more of a chat. :biggrin:
Reply 182
A moderator has already prepared a 2011 offers thread from the 2nd May 2010.
Reply 183
I was just wondering, maybe my application was slightly disadvantaged by the fact that I was applying for Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences.

My interviewer did say "Oh your personal statement is very Chemical Engineering related"
Maybe they think that I don't have enough of an interest in pure science for natural sciences :/

I know there's no point in stressing about it now, but still. I can't help but wonder :/
Original post by Choirboy
A moderator has already prepared a 2011 offers thread from the 2nd May 2010.

2010?
So its definately clear?

We all should find out (barring postal strikes) on the 6th
Reply 186
Original post by QuantumOverlord
So its definately clear?

That's right. Weather notwithstanding.
My brother hears on the 6th January... He's applying for maths at Queen's College. The whole family are counting down the days - probably not good for us, but makes it more exciting!
Reply 188
Original post by cchanuk
My brother hears on the 6th January... He's applying for maths at Queen's College. The whole family are counting down the days - probably not good for us, but makes it more exciting!

he's certainly applied to the right college :wink:
Original post by n_251
he's certainly applied to the right college :wink:

It was either that one or Churchill. Apparently the tutor was lovely though, so he decided to plump for there. As it happens she did his interview :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Pheebs1201
2010?

Yes, May 2010!
A couple of days ago the moderator told me that: "Obviously people are competing to be the thread starters for that thread and get in there quickly..." which is why everyone else was prevented from doing so by having their thread either merged or binned.
Original post by QuantumOverlord
So its definately clear?

Probably the 7th for me :frown: I'm from Scotland, and the letter will probably take two days for it to arrive. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
Reply 192
Two years ago a friend from Bulgaria received her letter on the 5th ... so that stuff about waiting for a few days before the letter arrives doesn't seem to be correct :erm:
Original post by alise8
Two years ago a friend from Bulgaria received her letter on the 5th ... so that stuff about waiting for a few days before the letter arrives doesn't seem to be correct :erm:

But was the date of agreed posting the 5th that year? Or maybe the post was just really fast that day. :tongue:
Reply 194
No idea really. But still i believe that generally people receive their letters around the 5th/6th or even later, but there are some exceptions. The letter must have been posted a few days before the 5th, because Bulgaria's not near at all and the postsystem in the country isn't very fast :smile: . + those exceptions aren't necessarily offers > my friend was rejected ...
Reply 195
Whatever the case everyone's going to receive a letter in a few days ( or hours :smile:)), so really > Good luck to everyone! :smile:
Reply 196
Good luck everyone!
Really hope i can post in this thread tmw :smile:
Reply 198
I GOT IN!!! Opened my mail box and there was an email from Wolfson. Without any conditions! I am so happy the whole waiting is over.
Good Luck to everyone - I go celebrating!!
post or not i'm getting mine tomorrow. my college emailed me and said they can email decisions from tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending