The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slawaccess23
I actually genuinely fear that they will manage to do an unbeaten season.

Nah, they're not playing anywhere near well enough.
Reply 501
Original post by alex_hk90
Nah, they're not playing anywhere near well enough.

That's what I keep telling myself but they went through some games playing as s*** as hell and still ended up winning/drawing. I find it quite shocking at times, I seriously hope they don't have an unbeaten season, it's in our hands though. If we rip them at the Emirates then we can put this to bed.
Reply 502
We'll lose at some point.

City H
Marseille A
Wigan A
Chelsea A
Liverpool A
Marseille H

We've got you guys and Chelsea back to back as well towards the end of the season. And this is providing we don't lose away at Spurs in our next league game. Or against some random relegation fodder away which is possible looking at our away form.

Not really bothered about it really. There's something of a romantic appeal I guess but i've never really got what the fuss is about, a better season involves getting more points :dontknow:
Hey guys, I need some advice.

How likely is it that Arsenal will beat West Ham? We are away.

I am looking to place a bet, here are the details:

- Recieve free £10

- Bet total £20 (of which actual value I put in = £10)

- Arsenal 3/5 to beat West Ham

- Bet £20 = £12 return + original 20 if Arsenal win

- £32 return for £10 taken from bank

West Ham are third from bottom, Arsenal are third from top

:dontknow:

Any advice will be repped :smile:
Reply 504
where is the best place to purchase a personalised (samir nasri, 8) home 2010/2011 short sleeve arsenal shirt?

the cheaper the better, but still want it to be good quality as it is a birthday present for my boyfriend. Or am I just going to have to accept it's going to cost me £50-£60?

cheers!
Far too early to make a decent call on that. There are two important matches to go before then. You'll get a much better idea once you factor in injuries/momentum from the 2 games coming up. 3/5 are not good odds for an away win though.
Original post by Overmars
Far too early to make a decent call on that. There are two important matches to go before then. You'll get a much better idea once you factor in injuries/momentum from the 2 games coming up. 3/5 are not good odds for an away win though.

But against West Ham... :ninjagirl:

But yeah, i'll have a look later. :smile:

Is it worth betting a home win against City tomorrow?

£38 return if Arsenal win.

Though I may do 'draw-no bet', where the returns would be:

£27.60 - Stake returned if game ends in a draw within regular time

So relatively 'safe', unless the Gunners flop, then i'd lose £10 (not £20, because £10 was given to me free being a new member)

:tumble:
I don't know. Betting odds-on isn't encouraged. Better off (and more fun!) going for FGS, halves, no. of goals etc. You can win more by risking less. But 5/2 for a draw is good value IMO.
Reply 508
JK.
OP
If there's an offer where they'll double your stake, just find the safest option you can think of. Maybe Chelsea at home to Blackburn, or City at home to Wolves on the 15th, perhaps even combine them to improve the odds. Stick the money on and you'll have a great shot at doubling up+ making a bit extra.

If you're betting without that promotional offer, though, do what Overs says. It's more fun, and you'll get better value out of the bets anyway.

I generally look put £1 on each Arsenal game where I have some inclination to the score and the fgs, if I've got no clue I leave it. The odds of a reasonable correct score + fgs are generally between 20-1 and 60-1. Not been doing it for more than a couple of months and haven't gone for these bets at all recently, but the first couple of games I got either the score or the scorer right, not both, so won nothing, then I would've won about £50 if my phone signal hadn't cut out on the train before the Fulham game. (:colonhash:) If you bet the same amount each game and get 1 or 2 like that right each season you'll have levelled out, anything else will be a bonus, and because of the odds, it'll be a decent bonus.
So what are the predictions and lineups?
I want the lineup to be that of the one that went to Chelsea. But I think in the Wenger lineup he will start Arshavin and Chamakh and maybe even Squillaci.
A goalless draw is my prediction.
Reply 510
Original post by antonfigo
So what are the predictions and lineups?
I want the lineup to be that of the one that went to Chelsea. But I think in the Wenger lineup he will start Arshavin and Chamakh and maybe even Squillaci.
A goalless draw is my prediction.

I'm quite sure that Chamakh will not start. The Walcott vs Arshavin question is more interesting, though on current form, it shouldn't be. I think Wenger will stick with Walcott, though:

Fabianski
Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
Fabregas Wilshere
Song
Walcott--------------------------Nasri
van Persie

I'd predict a narrow 2-1 win, with Nasri setting up Song for our first.
Reply 511
JK.
OP
The main way to get a proper personalised one like that would be through the Arsenal site or by buying it at the Armoury (Arsenal shop by the stadium) and getting it done there.

It's £49.99 on the Arsenal site. Just select the Nasri option, part way down.

You can probably find the shirt cheaper online/in store somewhere and take it to the Armoury, but unless you're going there for a game/live or work nearby anyway, the travel costs may well cancel out any money saved and the general hassle isn't worth it to save no more than a couple of quid. You will be able to find printers that'll do it cheaper, but unless it's a proper sports printer, I doubt that you'll be able to get authentic numbering/lettering. Only places that sell kits for local sunday league teams as well as the standard stuff will have these printing facilities, though, and without a good knowledge of what there is in your local area, I doubt you'll find somewhere like this.

I imagine a lot of places will sell a range of pre-printed personalised ones, but they won't have every player. Just looked on sportsdirect, a fairly well known store - the kit is £25 alone, but they offer Arshavin/Walcott/Van Persie personalisations for £30.

You can look around online and try and find a few more sports stores if you like, somewhere might have Nasri as a pre-printed option, can't guarantee it though.

Dunno if you've already spoken to him about it and he's said he definitely wants Nasri on the back, if not, you'd probably be better off saving £20-25 and getting one of the others, or getting it plain (which he may prefer to other players). It'll leave you a bit of money to either keep for yourself, get your man something else or perhaps take him out for dinner/do something with him you otherwise wouldn't have done.
Reply 512
JK.
OP
Given how important this game could be for both of our seasons and United's as well, I'm surprised how little hype it's had. :erm:

Having put £1 on 3-1 win, Cesc fgs, whilst on a high from the Brum win, I wouldn't mind seeing that come in @ 80/1.

With the injuries they've got, the general consensus seems to be that they'll park the bus, in which case I reckon we'll definitely score, but not many. Probably 1 or 2, but if we take hold of the game like we did the Chelsea one, there's a good chance we could put 3 past them.

I'll go 2-1, Cesc fgs.
Reply 513
I know in JJB sports you can buy the shirt and get it personalised there, they charge by the letter though, Nasri wont be too bad cost wise. My friend had a Chelsea shirt with Shevchenko on the back it cost him about £70 for the shirt and name together and to top it all off Shevchenko was garbage.
The bad news is you can't buy a cheap replica shirt it will be £50 at the minimum.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 514
JK.
OP
JJB charge £45 for the shirt alone, so getting lettering and numbering will definitely make it more expensive than the Arsenal site.
Reply 515
Apparently there has been a bust up at Eastlands before the big game. The two former Arsenal players; Toure and Adebayor interestingly enough..
Original post by In2deep
Apparently there has been a bust up at Eastlands before the big game. The two former Arsenal players; Toure and Adebayor interestingly enough..

With Viera sandwiched in between :teehee:
Reply 517
Original post by antonfigo
With Viera sandwiched in between :teehee:

I'm being serious :rolleyes:

I hope Toure slapped the **** out of him :colonhash:

Did you know that Toure has played more games than all of our CB's (Verm, Kos, Djou & Squa) combined this season? 225 games :congrats:
Original post by In2deep

Did you know that Toure has played more games than all of our CB's (Verm, Kos, Djou & Squa) combined this season? 225 games :congrats:

Good for them :colonhash:
Our players are made of wet cardboard. :colonhash:
Reply 519
Original post by In2deep

So was he - Vieira separated the two. And if you go to the previous page in this thread, you'll find it's all already been mentioned. :tongue:

Latest