The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5780
Now this stuff seems interesting!
Original post by affinity89

I was surprised at that too. A midwife would not shrug of two suspicious incidents like that - I would hope... :/

I'd like to think not, but then this is Eastenders, everything's getting too unrealistic and ridiculous now. I wouldn't be surprised if Jack starts shagging the social worker at some point :colonhash:

Original post by -honeybee-
Depends how much weight it was, most babies lose a bit in the first few days.

I really can't stand Bianca's children, Tiffany especially. It was kind of rude asking Kat why she was in her pyjamas and she's old enough to know better, especially after being told what had happened.

Someone who agrees with me! Tiffany is a little brat, I hate that child. Well, I hate all of Bianca's children, but Tiffany stands out the most.

Spoiler

So affairs and babies is what we've got now and more of the same is coming up. Brilliant.

I think the producer is forgetting this is EastEnders, not Hollyoaks which is full of young, attractive wild individuals - which also makes it somewhat believable. Affairs involving Ian, Massood, Dot etc just don't cut it :mmm: ... and are getting boring.
Original post by snowyowl

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Dan2009
Lucas getting out of prison.

Now, that's a storyline.
Original post by snowyowl
I'd like to think not, but then this is Eastenders, everything's getting too unrealistic and ridiculous now. I wouldn't be surprised if Jack starts shagging the social worker at some point :colonhash:

Someone who agrees with me! Tiffany is a little brat, I hate that child. Well, I hate all of Bianca's children, but Tiffany stands out the most.

Spoiler

They're awful! But I suppose with Bianca as their mother it's to be expected!

Spoiler

Reply 5786
Corrie is about to welcome its first Chinese resident. I want Chinese residents on Albert Sq :colonhash:
Reply 5787
Original post by diamonddust
Going to ignore point 1! :tongue:
Agree with you on points 2 and 3. And yes Syed in a kilt... actually Syed in general= :sexface:
But... what the hell was going on with the camera editing in the scene with him, Christian and Amy? I didn't want to see the back of their TV lol
EE is so nonsensical atm. I'm only watching because I want to see if it will get better. I'm not impressed with Kirkwood so far...

What's wrong with point 1? :lolwut:
It was merely an observation.

I'm going to keep on watching as the 'controversial' Christian/Syed/baby storyline is coming up. That's pretty much all I'm waiting for :yes:
Original post by mel0n
And where did you read about the Roxy/Christian spoiler :eek:

Spoiler

Edit: just did a quick google search which says

Spoiler

I'm sure they said the same about the current baby swap/cot death storyline.

I suppose Glenda would make sense in that she wouldn't form any attachment to the baby that Roxy would. Glenda easily walked away from her daughters when they were just children & knew Archie was abusing Ronnie. She also just wanted Danny around to get to Roxy's money so she isn't maternal at all. From that prespective, it makes sense to use her as she would walk away from the baby and wouldn't be fussed about handing him/her over.

If this is the biggest storyline running this year then I haven't got much hope for EE. I may be the only one but storylines about babies don't interest me at all now, there have far too many of them.

Someone bring back Santer :tongue:
Da..da..da.da..da. DA...DAAAAAAAHHHH..

"If you have been affected by anything in tonight's Eastenders, please phone....."

"Hello, how can I help...."

*sobbing*
"We do understand tonight's episode has upset a great many people. How can we help, caller?"
*more sobbing*
"Please take your time. We're here to listen. I have a list of advice lines, and I can pass you on when I know what aspect you most need help with. I'll just sit and listen for a moment, okay?"
*broken cries calm down* "Thank you for being there, I just didn't know where to start. I'm not sure what's upset me most. Is it okay if I just babble for a bit?"
"Certainly caller. There were many issues raised tonight, and my job is to find you the right support. In your own time."
"Okay, thank you. I'll just think a bit, about the bit that got me most upset. Do you have a helpline for people who've had bad breastfeeding experiences?"
"You found that part, when she wasn't able to breastfeed Tommy, distressing?"
"Oh yes, yes. The same thing happened to me, and I wasn't able to feed my baby, and I saw Ronnie tonight, and I thought... I thought, if only someone would tell her, what no one ever told me!"
"And what was that caller?"
"That you need to take your bra and dress off first. If only I'd known!" *sobs*
"I quite understand caller. Did you feel bullied by those who did breastfeed, I have a line here to a wonderful helpline paid for by an international baby food company, who understand the issues you were going through...?"
"No, no, I'm fine now, Jack was so helpful, going straight out and buying the formula, that calmed me down.... *begins wailing once more...*"
"In your own time, caller."
"Okay, I was wondering if you had a helpline about eating disorders?"
"We do... although...."
"... because clearly, with both babies being anorexic..."
"Pardon..?"
"Well, you know, with both babies not needing food. Just lying there, silent, and awake, for hours and hours and hours on end, and not once crying for food. It was just so obvious that they had an unnaturally suppressed appetite. It doesn't make sense otherwise. I mean no one even checked a nappy!"
"ehmmm....."
"Although, of course, that wasn't the most obvious trauma, as a viewer. Programmes just don't take their responsibility to the viewers, and their real lives, seriously... *sob*"
"That's why we are here... do you..."
"Do you have a helpline number for early signs of dementia?"
"Uhm, yes, ..."
"Oh good, that got me really upset, Roxy's memory loss."
"I'm sorry...?"
"When she was told that baby Tommy had died, and she completely forget the 5 minutes it took to get past Ronnie, as she was sure Ronnie was telling her baby James was dead, and then she stood there crying, and couldn't bear the pain. To forget that overnight... will her storyline develop about her early onset memory loss do you know..?"

Read the rest on:
http://one-of-those-women.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-have-been-affected-by-eastenders.html

:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Hooovan*
What on earth happened to Tanyas hair? I reckon this storyline is going to drag for a while. New producer is on something.

She's trying outdo Vanessa in hair department
Lol Santer also had a baby obsession. In fact he started the whole baby obsession.

Anyway I don't see why the baby swap storyline should be cancelled because a few (thousand) people complained. I can understand changing a storyline at the last minute because something similar happens in real life that garners public interest for example Lucas and the prostitute murders but changing this would be too far.
Reply 5792
Original post by Of_the_hook
She's trying outdo Vanessa in hair department

I wonder if she'll try to match her in the jaw line department. =)
Original post by diamonddust

huge Zainab spoiler

Spoiler

EE need to go back to basics - pure strong, hard gangsters storyline like they had with Steve Owen vs. Phil Mitchell. Those were the days.
Original post by Aky786UK

Spoiler

EE need to go back to basics - pure strong, hard gangsters storyline like they had with Steve Owen vs. Phil Mitchell. Those were the days.

Eastenders has gone really downhill. The storylines are so unrealistic.

I miss the days when Dirty Den died and even before that...

On the plus side, coronation street has really got better.
Original post by Aky786UK

Definitely :yep:
Reply 5796
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Eastenders has gone really downhill. The storylines are so unrealistic.

I miss the days when Dirty Den died and even before that...

On the plus side, coronation street has really got better.

Don't mind if stories are unrealistic, but they have to be good! What's Corrie like, what sort of storylines are in there?

Definitely agree with the gangsters storyline, anything remotely resembling one (and involving Phil and Jay) would be a breath of fresh air. I remember there being something about Terry (Bates?) and his wife coming to the Vic to threaten Billy. That was great.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5797
It's just some Eurovision loser pretending to cry over a plastic doll in front of cameras, what kind of poor sheltered people are these who get so emotionally caught up in a soap opera?
Original post by n1r4v
Don't mind if stories are unrealistic, but they have to be good! What's Corrie like, what sort of storylines are in there?

Definitely agree with the gangsters storyline, anything remotely resembling one (and involving Phil and Jay) would be a breath of fresh air. I remember there being something about Terry (Bates?) and his wife coming to the Vic to threaten Billy. That was great.

I miss old eastenders- it was so much better. Now it has really gone downhill. I don't bother watching half the time.

Coronation Street is better- you have to the humour, it also focuses on the older characters which is better.

The ridiculous - John Stape- His girlfriend is Fiz has had a baby and thinks everything is perfect. He is on a murder spree, he gets himself in a tangle because he wanted to teach. He can't teach because he was in prison (because he kidnapped Rosie). He has trying to hide the murders.

Nick and Leanne- affair was going on. She quit because of her marriage.

Tracey who was injured. It was an attempted murder. She was getting up in people's noses. Who done it storyline now?

Kevin, Sally and Tryone - kevin had an affair tyrone wife Molly (died in a tram crash). It all found out. Sally is getting her own back on kevin by doing it with tyrone.
I thought you'd all like to see this! Clears up a few cyber rumours haha!
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a296191/the-truth-behind-some-enders-rumours.html

Latest