The Student Room Group

Rejection from Cambridge for 2011

Scroll to see replies

Which sad ****er gave me a neg for the above post!
Original post by King-Panther
Which sad ****er gave me a neg for the above post!

Ye people that give neg rep excessivly annoy me too. Having said that some people deserve it.
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Ye people that give neg rep excessivly annoy me too. Having said that some people deserve it.

My post seemed normal. Oh well, a lot of people love my posts based on my current reputation. I got a lot from green eyed monsters as well to be fair.
Reply 123
This post is about to get flooded with failures today. I will probably be among them...
Original post by QuantumOverlord

Look, two pathetic people just neg repped this post of yours, losers!
Reply 125
hi

I have got 1 A* (91) in Maths, A- (92) in Phy and A (90)in Chem as i have not yet given the A levels in Phy and Chem. I have also just give Further Maths and am awaiting the results. I am an international student and would like to know what you think my chances are of getting an acceptance at Churchill College where i gave my interview.
Any internationals received any news? I'm in Asia and really hope I don't' have to wait the 2 weeks for the mail to arrive! When are the results supposed to be updated on track?
Reply 127
can anyone tell me if the rejection or acceptance is immediately shown on track in ucas
:afraid:
Original post by cpdavis

Original post by cpdavis
:afraid:

Sorry fella I only just got your email today! Hotmail deleted my entire inbox over Christmas!!!! I'll reply to you tonight.

Good luck for today/tommorow fella, you deserve a place.
Original post by trisaratops
Any internationals received any news? I'm in Asia and really hope I don't' have to wait the 2 weeks for the mail to arrive! When are the results supposed to be updated on track?

Email them and ask to find out by email :smile: It's what I did....but it's still only 7/8 am over in the UK so I'm not expecting anything for at least a few more hours.
Original post by gozatron
Sorry fella I only just got your email today! Hotmail deleted my entire inbox over Christmas!!!! I'll reply to you tonight.

Good luck for today/tommorow fella, you deserve a place.

Hey, don't worry about that email, I could send you an updated version as I have made a few changes. Could I send you the updated version please? :smile:

Thanks for the good luck, I've never been so nervous it's worse then getting results :eek: Heard anything from any more med schools? :biggrin:
Original post by pink giggle
Email them and ask to find out by email :smile: It's what I did....but it's still only 7/8 am over in the UK so I'm not expecting anything for at least a few more hours.

I woke up at seven today and immediately checked my email and track only to realize that it was still in the middle of the night in England!

didn't realize that I posted in the rejection thread...hope it is not omen :rolleyes:
I woke up at seven today and immediately checked my email and track only to realize that it was still in the middle of the night in England!

didn't realize that I posted in the rejection thread...hope it is not omen :rolleyes:

haha awww. well my bb has practically been glued to my hand just in case an admissions officer feels like emailing me really early in the morning. :tongue:
Reply 134

Same here :colone: Time difference can be a pain in the neck.
Reply 135
Ugh I really want to call up St Catherine's and ask about my application. Any idea what time (UK time) I should do so? And I have already sent St Cats an email asking for email confirmation, but no reply.
Reply 136
Original post by Brantonli
Ugh I really want to call up St Catherine's and ask about my application. Any idea what time (UK time) I should do so? And I have already sent St Cats an email asking for email confirmation, but no reply.

As far as I know they won't tell anyone the decisions over the phone - I read this on the Cambridge website last night. It also basically says not to expect replies to emails yet because they're so busy, but if you're international you can email tomorrow asking for their decision (I think) and if you're a UK applicant you can email on Monday.
Reply 137
Original post by sentiment
As far as I know they won't tell anyone the decisions over the phone - I read this on the Cambridge website last night. It also basically says not to expect replies to emails yet because they're so busy, but if you're international you can email tomorrow asking for their decision (I think) and if you're a UK applicant you can email on Monday.

I just called Catherines admissions office, and she just said 'Letters are sent out today' and that emails may be sent out by the end of the week...? I also asked about ucas, and she said she had no idea when it would be updated :confused: I might have to ask my housemaster at school to read the letter for me O.o

LOL yeah im an international and timezone difference is killinggg meee
Original post by allanf
can anyone tell me if the rejection or acceptance is immediately shown on track in ucas

No. UCAS will update quite some time after. I think, when i applied, it took nearly 2 weeks to update. I've heard of people who had longer to wait.

Quick Reply

Latest