The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JChoudhry

On the Desire, the right side of my touch screen has stopped working, any reason what could be wrong? and would I be able to send it for repairs for free, it's not been a year yet

That's a hardware fault you need to send that to HTC for a repair, and yeah it'll be free.
Original post by yoyo462001
That's a hardware fault you need to send that to HTC for a repair, and yeah it'll be free.

Cheers! Would they also be kind enough to fix any scratches, or am I pushing my luck? :giggle:

Cheers! Would they also be kind enough to fix any scratches, or am I pushing my luck? :giggle:

I don't think they would because only the digitizer needs replacing, but you never know :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
How much on O2?
Woop woop. Worms is coming to Android! It's on version 0.0.1.5 at the mo which has been leaked on the internets...
Just got Orange San Francisco!

Advice on good mods etc?

Don't want all the rubbishy orange stuff which'll just slow the phone down!
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Advice on good mods etc?

Not much out there yet for the ol' ZTE Blade I'm afraid. Keep an eye out on XDA though!
Original post by mikeyd85
Not much out there yet for the ol' ZTE Blade I'm afraid. Keep an eye out on XDA though!

Shall do.

Best way to flash phone? Not sure if it's an OLED or TFT screen yet (still charging)
Shall do.

Best way to flash phone? Not sure if it's an OLED or TFT screen yet (still charging)

Whatever they suggest! :awesome: I've never really used the SanFran, so I can't really comment much on it, more just point you to XDA and tell you that they probably know best! :p:

Whatever they suggest! :awesome: I've never really used the SanFran, so I can't really comment much on it, more just point you to XDA and tell you that they probably know best! :p:

Ha ha thanks :P At the min I'm just drooling over all the customised lockscreens

Rather taken by this pacman one
Ha ha thanks :P At the min I'm just drooling over all the customised lockscreens

That's sick. :biggrin: Do want.
That's sick. :biggrin: Do want.

It would amuse me every time I unlocked my phone!
Right after looking at XDA and MoDaCo I've got a few idea on rooting my phone, then I'm gonna work on some customisations (lockscreen, homescreen etc. etc.)

Well, I will when phone is charged at least!

Shall do.

Flash a clean SF ROM, Launcher Pro/ADW Laucher EX.
I agree with Launcher Pro, it's fantastic.

Advice on good mods etc?

Pop over to MoDaCo. There's loads of custom ROMs on there. I'm currently using the Eclair v4 ROM and it's very good. There's a pretty stable Froyo Alpha ROM available, too. Alternatively, you can just install the De-Orangeated ROM.

As for the OLED/TFT issue, you can find out which version you have by going:

Settings > About Phone and then looking at the Build Number. If it ends in B08, it's TFT version. If it ends in B05, it's an OLED version. :smile:

+1 for LauncherPro :yes:
Another vote for launcher pro :wink:
yeah i've heard launcher pro is well worth it!
:yep: One of only 2 apps that I've actually bought.
What's the other?
Same, it's very seldom I'll buy an app. I think I've bought 4 or 5 since I got my phone.

Latest

Trending

Trending