The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_168140883228697&ap=1

Request to join if you have an offer for Jesus College 2011!
Reply 361
Original post by px_nov
E&M at St. Edmund

Offer: AAA (A in econs and maths)

Anyone else going to Teddy Hall?

:hat2:
Reply 362
Offer for Biological Sciences at Worcester :biggrin:

Any fellow biologists at Worcester?
Reply 363
I'm in for Medicine at Queen's :biggrin:

Exciting times
anyone had a UCAS offer yet?
Original post by guitarmike456
anyone had a UCAS offer yet?

Yes, lots of people got them yesterday. Look a couple of pages back. Several haven't yet, so don't worry
Reply 366
Original post by Sempiternitas

Original post by Sempiternitas
Congratulations! Do you know why they changed their mind?

no idea! i still haven't even got an official letter yet, just an email (i live in switzerland)
they were kind enough to tell me that they aren't too sure because of my grammar test though. after calling. can you imagine? very nice run-up to christmas!
Reply 367
Did everyone get a 'financial arrangements' letter? I'm not sure whether to send it now or wait until I accept the offer...
Ahhh, I really want my UCAS to update. Lmao, I realised that the admissions office at ChCh opened aswell today, so that made it worse! :biggrin: I need it to come on so that I know they didn't make a mistake! :wink:
Original post by rev_pain
Did everyone get a 'financial arrangements' letter? I'm not sure whether to send it now or wait until I accept the offer...

No :frown: What did it say?
Reply 370
Original post by soutioirsim
No :frown: What did it say?

There are few boxes and you have to tick one - EU student, overseas student etc. but in the options it says things like '...I intend to apply to Student Finance England...' which made me think that maybe you send it even if you don't know what you're doing yet.

won't be important, I'll just ask at the welcome day
Original post by rev_pain

I did. I think I'll send mine off now with a little form I had to fill in to say I'm accepting the offer.
Reply 372
Original post by piya21
:O Maths and CompSci at Worcester? I met a guy applying for that in the porter's lodge, signing in as I was signing out and going to catch my train - I wonder if you're the same person? Haha

Probably not, I was too ****-scared to talk to anyone at Worcester - they changed my interview time twice, so I thought I was going to be late. Bloody nightmare... Also, I didn't originally apply there, so I was staying at Balliol, and kinda ran back to the JCR there as soon as my interviews were over :P
Original post by soutioirsim
I know it's early days but it's still quite depressing seeing how few names there are compared to the orginal Applicants Thread.

I wouldn't be too upset. I suspect that there are quite a few people on TSR who have an offer and will still post on this thread, but are too scared of putting their names on the offer holders list for fear of tempting Fate before they get their exam results.
Original post by cysxmy
In fact, I chose open for college and university chose Brasenose for me. I had my interview there and I was grateful that school picked a good college for me. Have you received the letter and forms from Brasenose?

Yup; they took a while to come (I live in Asia) but arrived last week! I've sent them back, hopefully they'll reach Brasenose before 14 >.<

I thought I was ridiculously lucky to get re-allocated to a relatively small, old college with central Oxford accomodation! :tongue: Pretty much everything I wanted - I have no sense of direction so large colleges like Worcester would be quite problematic for me. I was admittedly quite mortified when I read that they had a formidable reputation for Law. :eek:

Are you firming Oxford? Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
Apparently I haven't posted for this list yet;

St Catherine's
Human Sciences
Reply 376
Original post by gasmask
Probably not, I was too ****-scared to talk to anyone at Worcester - they changed my interview time twice, so I thought I was going to be late. Bloody nightmare... Also, I didn't originally apply there, so I was staying at Balliol, and kinda ran back to the JCR there as soon as my interviews were over :P

I did exactly the same thing! I had two interviews at Pembroke, but in between ran back to the safety of Balliol JCR!
Reply 377
Original post by JAR12
I did exactly the same thing! I had two interviews at Pembroke, but in between ran back to the safety of Balliol JCR!

Balliol has a great JCR! Did you play Articulate at all? Such a good game. What will you be studying?
Can I be added to the list? St Hugh's French, (unconditional so not tempting fate) SO excited! :smile:
Reply 379
Original post by gasmask
Balliol has a great JCR! Did you play Articulate at all? Such a good game. What will you be studying?

History and English :smile: (I see you're doing Maths & Comp Sci)
I didn't get to play Articulate, but I was really surprised by the JCR - I thought the JCR was big, until I found out that there there was a room off to the side!
I've got no idea what to expect with Pembroke now (all I saw were 2 interview rooms and 2 preparation rooms :redface: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending