The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by antonfigo
Speaking of set pieces, I really like RVP's long pass freekicks. He lets it float in the air for a while. It increases chance of mishaps. His direct shots need a bit rusting off though.

Indeed, especially when somebody tall is lurking in the box :ninja:

Also what's happened to Cesc taking our FKs? He has a sublime touch on the ball compared to RVP :sogood:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Captain92
Indeed, especially when somebody tall is lurking in the box :ninja:

Also what's happened to Cesc taking our FKs? He has a sublime touch on the ball compared to RVP :sogood:

Sublime yeah. Compared to RVP,Nasri and Verms drilling it!
Reply 543

Impressive.
If he'd been more "on form" in the last game he could've had a hat-trick.
Let's hope he's got his shooting-boots on today!
More:
- Arsenal have won the last 14 league games in which Johan Djourou has played. Gem.
- The Gunners are the only team not to have conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a Premier League match this season.
- Mins per goal 2010 Bendtner 130, Walcott 155, Fabregas 178, Chamakh 189, Nasri 236, Arshavin 248
Reply 545
What are we thinking for the Wolves- Chelsea game?
Original post by Captain92
What are we thinking for the Wolves- Chelsea game?

Nothing. :unsure:
Reply 547
That Wolves are playing Chelsea at home?
Reply 548
Original post by Overmars
Nothing. :unsure:

Bah I'm going for a draw.
Don't wanna be too optimistic.
Bendtner is underrated imo

Should be a good match tonight. Well, it could be a horrible match if it's 90 minutes of them parking the bus, De Jong shooting for Cesc and RVP's ankles, and us failing to break them down. But let's be optimistic, with Silva and Balotelli out we have a decent chance to take the 3 points and that would carry on our excellent run (with this starting XI at least) and hopefully inspire more confidence.
Original post by milkytea
De Jong shooting for Cesc and RVP's ankles

Can you name a bad tackle he's made in a City shirt?
Reply 551
Original post by milkytea
Bendtner is underrated imo
Should be a good match tonight. Well, it could be a horrible match if it's 90 minutes of them parking the bus, De Jong shooting for Cesc and RVP's ankles, and us failing to break them down. But let's be optimistic, with Silva and Balotelli out we have a decent chance to take the 3 points and that would carry on our excellent run (with this starting XI at least) and hopefully inspire more confidence.

I don't think he's very effective when used as he was for most of the Brum game (he gave the ball away a heck of a lot) but his goal scoring record speaks for itself.
Original post by Jeppasloth

The Ben Arfa one? :s-smilie:
Reply 553

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2010/10/manchester-city-should-mancini-drop-de-jong-after-his-tackle-on-ben-arfa.html

"Manchester City’s Nigel De Jong’s leg breaker on Newcastle United’s Hatem Ben Arfa."

Edit: Though I will concede that it's contentious.
Without going into it in too much depth; retrospectively the FA did nothing despite the media **** storm, the Newcastle fans at the ground had no problem, the Newcastle manager had no problem. Personally I think it was a tough and unlucky tacke but not a bad one. De Jong is not your typical thuggish destroyer, his tackles are always clean and he has fantastic technique.

You have much worse tacklers in your own squad.
Reply 555
Without going into it in too much depth; retrospectively the FA did nothing despite the media **** storm, the Newcastle fans at the ground had no problem, the Newcastle manager had no problem. Personally I think it was a tough and unlucky tacke but not a bad one. De Jong is not your typical thuggish destroyer, his tackles are always clean and he has fantastic technique.You have much worse tacklers in your own squad.

You see the WC final?
Without going into it in too much depth; retrospectively the FA did nothing despite the media **** storm, the Newcastle fans at the ground had no problem, the Newcastle manager had no problem. Personally I think it was a tough and unlucky tacke but not a bad one. De Jong is not your typical thuggish destroyer, his tackles are always clean and he has fantastic technique.

You have much worse tacklers in your own squad.

:laugh: another gem
Where the entire Holland team attempted to kick the **** out of Spain? Yeah I did. Thats another thing, his discipline is second to none; if he's told to play a role he'll do it. I don't think its a coincidence that in the time he's played nearly 100 games for City he's made two poor tackles for Holland.
Reply 558
Yuh huh, kicking a guy square in the chest is, what was it? "Clean" :rolleyes:

I'm not sayin' he's the worst tackler in the league, but he isn't the best either.
Reply 559
Lee Bowyer's far worse tbh.

Latest