The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
What's the other?

Power Control Plus.

I'm also thinking of getting Tasker.
Original post by mikeyd85
Same, it's very seldom I'll buy an app. I think I've bought 4 or 5 since I got my phone.

:yes: There's just not much need on Android - the free alternatives are normally pretty good. :smile:
Can the SanFran be overclocked? The only thing stopping me from buying it is the slow processor.
Reply 3123
Original post by Mad Vlad
Power Control Plus.

I'm also thinking of getting Tasker.

Tasker is a bit meh in my opinion.
Is there any Android Apps that allow me to send free sms? (using wifi)

thanks
Must haves for me are
ADW Launcher
Power Control Plus
Theft Aware
Original post by Miss Anonymous

thanks

Several if your friends use the same service.
Original post by Mad Vlad
moded sanfranciso

What mods did you put on ure phone ? :biggrin:

Several if your friends use the same service.

okay, could you please tell me some popular ones? :smile:
Reply 3129
WhatsApp is a good one, it works cross platforms so you can bug all your iPhone friends if they have it too :p:
New Samsung phone announced. 4.5" SUPER AMOLED display, 1.2 Snap Dragon single core processor.

Initial thoughts : 4.5 inch is too big. I use the Desire HD which is 4.3 and that is stretching on how big a screen should be. With one hand I can reach about 70% of the screen with my thumb. Such a big S-AMOLED screen :coma:.
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
WhatsApp is a good one, it works cross platforms so you can bug all your iPhone friends if they have it too :p:

Reply 3132
Preferring the dual core Moto myself :wink: This or the LG Optimus 2X? Ahhh I love CES.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/motorola-atrix-4g-announced-for-atandt/
back from my 1 week ban for posting a picture of a turkey getting stuffed lmao

I can upgrade in february the earliest, any ideas what i should get/should i wait?

LG optimus/star looks promising but LG have never been reliable phones from loads of people i know
galaxy s2 sounds amazing with a 2ghz processor but i now hear the rumour has been corrected and it is 1.2ghz but not dual core?
that samsung yoyo posted looks good but 4.5 is way too big. i'm all up for big phones but i recently tried out a desire hd in store and even at 4.3 it was getting kinda stupid.... but who knows, maybe its something you get used to
Reply 3134
Original post by yoyo462001
New Samsung phone announced. 4.5" SUPER AMOLED display, 1.2 Snap Dragon single core processor.

Initial thoughts : 4.5 inch is too big. I use the Desire HD which is 4.3 and that is stretching on how big a screen should be. With one hand I can reach about 70% of the screen with my thumb. Such a big S-AMOLED screen :coma:.

That does look lush :sogood:

Samsung seem to be doing well with Android atm.

Have to you heard any news on when the DHD is getting Gingerbread?
Original post by Miss Anonymous

thanks

Definitely WhatsApp, although it does use quite a lot of battery - I was surprised at how many of my friends use it, so I barely have to send any texts any more.
PLUS images, sounds, and videos are free to send as well!

It also says that you have to pay after a year, but you can just uninstall, and re-install it according to a friend :smile:
Original post by Kaph
Preferring the dual core Moto myself :wink: This or the LG Optimus 2X? Ahhh I love CES.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/motorola-atrix-4g-announced-for-atandt/

1GB of RAM, did I read correctly. This is certainly over kill, I have 600mb and I've never had less than 100mb free. :eek:
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
back from my 1 week ban for posting a picture of a turkey getting stuffed lmao

I can upgrade in february the earliest, any ideas what i should get/should i wait?

LG optimus/star looks promising but LG have never been reliable phones from loads of people i know
galaxy s2 sounds amazing with a 2ghz processor but i now hear the rumour has been corrected and it is 1.2ghz but not dual core?
that samsung yoyo posted looks good but 4.5 is way too big. i'm all up for big phones but i recently tried out a desire hd in store and even at 4.3 it was getting kinda stupid.... but who knows, maybe its something you get used to

Oh yeah I saw that :rofl:
Original post by bigmo7
That does look lush :sogood:

Samsung seem to be doing well with Android atm.

Have to you heard any news on when the DHD is getting Gingerbread?

They certainly are, it's great now they can focus on awesome hardware and leave software primarily to google.

No news on Gingerbread atm, but I estimate around late Feb, I'm not too worried when it comes anyways since a lot of the new features were aesthetic which I think sense brings anyways.
is the htc inspire the new top of the range htc phone?
Reply 3138
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
is the htc inspire the new top of the range htc phone?

Only just announced, looks like a carbon copy of the DHD tbh. I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for more details on the phones announced at the AT&T summit.
Original post by bigmo7
Only just announced, looks like a carbon copy of the DHD tbh. I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for more details on the phones announced at the AT&T summit.

yea true, i just spent a bit of time digging around. you got any idea about the motorola atrix however? that thing sounds like a bit of a beast

Latest

Trending

Trending