The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I hope my dad doesn't open it while I'm at college :frown:
Original post by safwaansh
post or not i'm getting mine tomorrow. my college emailed me and said they can email decisions from tomorrow.

which college did you apply for?
Original post by mintaero25
which college did you apply for?

fitzwilliam. what about you?
Original post by kashiya
I GOT IN!!! Opened my mail box and there was an email from Wolfson. Without any conditions! I am so happy the whole waiting is over.
Good Luck to everyone - I go celebrating!!

CONGRATS! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
you should post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1505103

and it seems as if wolfson's the only college that has sent out decisions over email so far (at least on tsr). :smile:
fitzwilliam. what about you?

Jesus. I'm too scared to ask them to email me for my outcome though :s-smilie:

Good Luck for yours :smile:

thanks and good luck. email them if you feel up to it. they should be allowed to from tomorrow.

I applied to Jesus too and I've just emailed the admissions office (or Jenny Jenyon, she must run the show :tongue:) for clarification on whether we can be emailed the decision and by when this might occur. I'll inform you of what she says :smile:
Reply 207
Original post by TheMeister
I applied to Jesus too and I've just emailed the admissions office (or Jenny Jenyon, she must run the show :tongue:) for clarification on whether we can be emailed the decision and by when this might occur. I'll inform you of what she says :smile:

are you international/postgrad?
because i'm also desperate for mine to be emailed despite only living an hour away from cambridge, ha
Original post by theths
are you international/postgrad?
because i'm also desperate for mine to be emailed despite only living an hour away from cambridge, ha

I'm 18 and I'm from Manchester, so no :wink:

haha, I'm surprised you've not received it
Reply 209
I'm 18 and I'm from Manchester, so no :wink:

haha, I'm surprised you've not received it

haha, you know what, we rang up my local sorting office earlier and asked if there was any chance of them already having received it/us coming to collect it

sadly all cambridge letters apparently go to the great sorting office of east london before getting sub-sorted, so i should get it tomorrow (fingers crossed)

what're you applying for?
Original post by theths
haha, you know what, we rang up my local sorting office earlier and asked if there was any chance of them already having received it/us coming to collect it

sadly all cambridge letters apparently go to the great sorting office of east london before getting sub-sorted, so i should get it tomorrow (fingers crossed)

i live in east london :smile:
Original post by theths

East London? haha, maybe they'll put a little ribbon Bow around the letters, get it? :biggrin:

PPS and from the looks of interview day, it's a nearly all-female subject - definitely not a bad thing :tongue:

... ah, I remember speaking to you before, I know you're definitely not applying for a science, but what art subject is it? That is the question
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 212
East London? haha, maybe they'll put a little ribbon Bow around the letters, get it? :biggrin:

PPS and from the looks of interview day, it's a nearly all-female subject - definitely not a bad thing :tongue:

... ah, I remember speaking to you before, I know you're definitely not applying for a science, but what art subject is it? That is the question

er...no
sorry :frown: i will rack my brains though

get inn :biggrin: dreading getting pooled and having it be a girl's college

haha would you like a hint :wink:?

ooh (: that must've increased the excitement factor a tad, eh?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by theths
er...no

ooh (: that must've increased the excitement factor a tad, eh?

yeah :smile: can't seem to concentrate on revision tonight. just keep ending up on tsr. good luck!
Original post by theths
er...no

ha, don't worry it's my terrible sense of humour but yeah Bow is a place in East London and maybe they'd congratulate us on our possible offers with a bow tied around the letter? :getmecoat:

ah, the benefits of being male - there is, at long last, one!

yus, do share :tongue:
Reply 215
yeah :smile: can't seem to concentrate on revision tonight. just keep ending up on tsr. good luck!

saame, i've completely given up on my mocks tomorrow :smile:

you too! i really hope everyone ends up happy tomorrow whether they get in or not (and i especially hope i can take my own advice)

As do I.
Reply 217
ha, don't worry it's my terrible sense of humour but yeah Bow is a place in East London and maybe they'd congratulate us on our possible offers with a bow tied around the letter? :getmecoat:

ah, the benefits of being male - there is, at long last, one!

yus, do share :tongue:

hilarious, darling

finally! looking at people's sigs is clearly a skill also best left to the womenfolk :wink:

edit: just realised my sig doesn't feature anywhere on this thread
er...despite you being so firmly convinced that i'm doing an arts subject and not a science, the subject i want to do can actually be both a BA and a BSc :smile:...but mostly a BA
(edited 13 years ago)
Am I the only person just sat waiting for tomorrow to arrive (when I should get the letter with the decision)? I've tried to do work, but I can't concentrate :P
Original post by Blackdragon
Am I the only person just sat waiting for tomorrow to arrive (when I should get the letter with the decision)? I've tried to do work, but I can't concentrate :P

If think you just described how everyone here and how I've been for the past two weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending