The Student Room Group

Bly2h, chy2h, phy2h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Superbec
When they line up in the centre of the cell, two things called Centrioles move to the poles of the cell, they then send out spindle microtubles that attach to the middle of the chomosomes (the centomeres) and pull them apart.

This is A level (I'm guessing) but I don't know for sure as I'm still on GCSE. Hope this helped :smile:

yeah we learnt that, but the questions will never be on that so dont worry about all the fancy terms, my exam just had to interpret a table with different gametes from different animals :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by king101
Ah ok, So let me see;
1/ Cell=46 Chromosomes {parent+father}
2/Duplicate=96 chromosomes
3/This is 2 pairs of chromosomes
4/2 Pairs of chromosomes line up at centere of cell
5/They are pulled apart, so different chromosomes are for each cell (mixture of father and mother=variation)
6/Membrane forms around then, they then become two new cells, with only 92/2=46 in each cell
7/Then these cells now divide again meaning 46/2 and 46/2 for the other cell.

yup and this occurs in sexual organs
Reply 122
Wohoo, you sure the stuff about pairs is correct lol^^
Reply 123
Thx for all the help!, I understand it know except for how the 2 pair of chromosomes (mother and father- 42 chromosomes and the second pair mother and father -46 chromosomes) are pulled apart but apart from that thx :smile:
Reply 124
Original post by king101
Thx for all the help!, I understand it know except for how the 2 pair of chromosomes (mother and father- 42 chromosomes and the second pair mother and father -46 chromosomes) are pulled apart but apart from that thx :smile:

lol dont panic about pairs, learn the basics, the questions are never too complex.

they both have equal number of chromosones -46? where did you get 42 from?
Reply 125
lol i meant 46 ;p
Reply 126
Do u know if its the UMS that goes foward or the actual mark.. i hope actual mark in unit 1 because i got in chem 43/45 lol
Reply 127
Original post by DonBorat
lol dont panic about pairs, learn the basics, the questions are never too complex.

they both have equal number of chromosones -46? where did you get 42 from?

Thx for all the help, now can you help me understand a past paper question lol :smile:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-BLY2H-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

Question 4B(i).
I do not understand that question, read it and tell me what you think of it and tell me why on the markscheme the answer is that. Once u done that, ill tell u why im finding that really confusing.
Reply 128
Original post by king101
Do u know if its the UMS that goes foward or the actual mark.. i hope actual mark in unit 1 because i got in chem 43/45 lol

UMS, 100ums could mean you got 40/45

you need 360 UMS out of 400 to get an a*

and yeah a raw mark of 43 would definitely be an a* unless the paper was so easy 44 was an a* :P
Reply 129
Original post by king101
Thx for all the help, now can you help me understand a past paper question lol :smile:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-BLY2H-W-QP-JAN10.PDF

Question 4B(i).
I do not understand that question, read it and tell me what you think of it and tell me why on the markscheme the answer is that. Once u done that, ill tell u why im finding that really confusing.

ummm, theyre the same at 12.5
above 12.5 its slower for falt wreck and faster for saw wreck

for the second bit,
saw wrack is further down and recives less light for photosysnthesis which produces less nutirents for growth etc

thats quite confusing haha :smile:
Reply 130
so at a higher light intensity the rate of photosynthesis is faster right, due to oxygen being produced. The more oxygen being produced the photosynthesis is ocuring therefore they reach the surface much faster at higher light intensity.

that makes sense what i said right?

However on the markscheme! it says; the higher light intensity the slower the rate of photosynthesis.. how is that! ??

nvm i workeed it out ;p
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by gingerbreadman85
Someone messaged me asking for the "3" papers :smile:

Thank you so much! x
2 days till biology exam :frown: Doing a mock tonight and tomorrow night
Reply 135
goof luck yeh 2 days!!!`
just did the exam!

I've either done really bad or really good... not sure which one though

On the penultimate question
"What process causes shivering?"

What did you guys put down for that... I put respiration
Original post by puddinboy
just did the exam!

I feel exactly the same, I cut it a bit fine with the time though, guess i didn't need to write an essay for a couple of questions :colondollar:

I put respiration too, but i wasn't sure. From people i talked to afterwards, quite a few put respiration but a few put negative feedback :confused:

Just glad it's over tbh. Just chemistry and physics to go :smile:
Reply 138
Let Me Make this Clear; Respiration=CORRECT so congratzz!! :smile: :tongue:
Reply 139
Original post by puddinboy
just did the exam!

I'm quite confused but more on the fail (sorry for negative thoughts)
I wrote respiration aswell but I lost abit of hope when this girl started saying it was wrong :frown:

what did you put for the right concentration when the boy had the meal?How many units I put 3 :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending