The Student Room Group

EU Help

‘Much of the development of the Community legal system has been brought about not by the express agreement of the States which founded the Community nor by means of a detailed plan for an integrated legal system, but through the interpretive position and influence of the European Court of Justice’.
(Craig & de Búrca, 2002).

Assess the extent to which this statement is justified today in relation to the legal system of the European Union, making reference to the jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union as appropriate.

How would I go about structuring an essay for this question?
Does anybody have any sources such as cases or journals that will to an extent help me with answering this question.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi, it's a little late but as a hint --> consider the doctrines/principles introduced by the ECJ (supremacy/sovereignty, direct effect etc), indicating that the ECJ has basically taken over the law-making task in the EU...! That's how I answered part of my question, anyway.

Also, get a hold of the EU Law textbook by Craig & de Búrca, if you can. It's very useful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by anonymous-1
Hi, it's a little late but as a hint --> consider the doctrines/principles introduced by the ECJ (supremacy/sovereignty, direct effect etc), indicating that the ECJ has basically taken over the law-making task in the EU...! That's how I answered part of my question, anyway.

Also, get a hold of the EU Law textbook by Craig & de Búrca, if you can. It's very useful.

Thanks for the response! :smile:

After doing a bit more research, I gathered it was to do with the doctrines etc. Are you also doing this cw? Then it must mean we go to the same uni :smile:

Yeh that book would have been useful. But couldn't get hold of it anyways its a bit late now since I've completed this cw.

Good luck with your cw!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest