The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3141
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
yea true, i just spent a bit of time digging around. you got any idea about the motorola atrix however? that thing sounds like a bit of a beast

It does look like a beast, it's got a fingerprint recogniser apparently too...:confused:

Thing is though these phones are gonna take a while before they become available in the UK. You might be waiting a couple of months before getting your hands on these beauties...
The Motorola Tablet will probably be my first Tablet, hoping to get it around June ish. Though if it's really expensive I'll think otherwise. I'd like to see what HTC are doing too.
Reply 3143
Original post by yoyo462001
The Motorola Tablet will probably be my first Tablet, hoping to get it around June ish. Though if it's really expensive I'll think otherwise. I'd like to see what HTC are doing too.

Is it for anything specific or do you just want one?
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
Is it for anything specific or do you just want one?

It's more an impulse buy :colondollar: Browsing on my phone is great enough but I'd rather not use it because I want to preserve battery, and it would be cool to just use this instead of a laptop. You not that big on tablets?
Reply 3145
It's more an impulse buy :colondollar: Browsing on my phone is great enough but I'd rather not use it because I want to preserve battery, and it would be cool to just use this instead of a laptop. You not that big on tablets?

I love them, just not their price tag. I was thinking of buying a really low end cheap android one but apparently they're pretty ****...I guess for £70/£80 you get what you pay for.

I'd probably want to use them for gaming too though which is something that the app market doesn't really accommodate for unfortunately. I might buy one over the summer but tbh I reckon I'd end up buying an iPad unless something really amazing gets released that has Android. :colondollar:
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
I love them, just not their price tag. I was thinking of buying a really low end cheap android one but apparently they're pretty ****...I guess for £70/£80 you get what you pay for.

I'd probably want to use them for gaming too though which is something that the app market doesn't really accommodate for unfortunately. I might buy one over the summer but tbh I reckon I'd end up buying an iPad unless something really amazing gets released that has Android. :colondollar:

Yeah I hope they price them well. Just take the Samsung Galaxy Tab it was around the same price as the ipad, which makes you think, are Samsung serious. Why would I get that when the ipad is better. I might decide to go ipad simply because I could then get best of both worlds but then again having all google will be make things easier in terms of syncing and what not.

If the Motorola/HTC one comes in at less than 500 I'll definitely give it a look.
No-one jizzed to Honeycomb?

Ok, cool.

geightd would be disappoint
Reply 3148
Yeah I hope they price them well. Just take the Samsung Galaxy Tab it was around the same price as the ipad, which makes you think, are Samsung serious. Why would I get that when the ipad is better. I might decide to go ipad simply because I could then get best of both worlds but then again having all google will be make things easier in terms of syncing and what not.

If the Motorola/HTC one comes in at less than 500 I'll definitely give it a look.

I might go into a shop and have a play around with the Galaxy Tab to see what it's like because it did seem like it was ludicrously overpriced. In terms of functionality I'd take Android over iOS any day but I guess we'll have to see what they pull out of the bag. I'd probably jailbreak the iPad as a given....
Reply 3149
i want to find an android developer, pls any one tell me
Right then guys, any phones you have spotted that don't have 4G and so may make it across the pond
Original post by wizard710
Right then guys, any phones you have spotted that don't have 4G and so may make it across the pond

Moto Atrix is on the UK Moto site. :smile:
Any good andriod apps out
(thumbs up if their are lool)
Original post by blueray
Any good andriod apps out
(thumbs up if their are lool)

I'm addicted to Angry Birds :tongue:
Also, despite my mocking of G8D... paper toss is fast becoming addicting too...
Bubble buster is my new fav game
Reply 3155
The Moto Atrix looks insane. The webtob thing looks epic too. Definitely my next phone, I'm thinking. 960x450 res, front facing camera, fingerprint reader, 1gig RAM, up to 48gig storage, dual core Tegra 2, and a 1930mAh battery. Yummmmmm.
Original post by Kaph
The Moto Atrix looks insane. The webtob thing looks epic too. Definitely my next phone, I'm thinking. 960x450 res, front facing camera, fingerprint reader, 1gig RAM, up to 48gig storage, dual core Tegra 2, and a 1930mAh battery. Yummmmmm.

:sexface:

I never saw something like that coming. Do want!
The Motorola Atrix looks bloody awesome!!! I can officially upgrade in 3 months time but my contract doesn't end for another 5 months!!! I wonder if HTC will release anything which will beat the Atrix! Dual Core 2ghz with 2gb ram maybe, or is it too much to ask??? :smile: Mikeyd85, do you still have your HTC Hero with you??? lol.
TweetDeck's a nice way to integrate both facebook and twitter if you use both of them :smile:
Reply 3159
Original post by IcEmAn911
The Motorola Atrix looks bloody awesome!!! I can officially upgrade in 3 months time but my contract doesn't end for another 5 months!!! I wonder if HTC will release anything which will beat the Atrix! Dual Core 2ghz with 2gb ram maybe, or is it too much to ask??? :smile: Mikeyd85, do you still have your HTC Hero with you??? lol.

No way. I'm pretty disappointed with HTC at CES. They haven't announced any dual core phones yet, still stuff with the newer Snapdragons. Refreshes with some 4G. They just seem to be pushing more of the old, when all this incredible tech is being announced by what, until recently, have been the underdogs while HTC has pushed forward. How the game changes.

Still, maybe they have something up their sleeves. But the Atrix...*drool*.

Latest

Trending

Trending