The Student Room Group

RAF Regiment fitness test

Got my regiment fitness test comin up and just want to know what minimum requirements are.

Got told by a recruiter that someone recently did a 9.30min run, 40 press ups in a min and 40 sit ups and didn't pass.

This was a massive shock as I have thought, up to now, its 10.30min and about 20 of each.

My question is, is the information he's given me correct or is it 'scare tactics' to try encourage me?

Cheers for any and all help cos its put me really on edge :s-smilie:
My memory tells me the numbers aren't correct, but I don't want to guess what they are, so just check the RAF website for the information, surely you can't get any more accurate information than from their website?

Heads up, you will be fine! :smile:

EDIT: Here, this is what I've just found: http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applicationzone/fitnesstests.cfm

EDIT2: I actually looked at the web page for a bit longer and noticed that it doesn't give you much information about the tests; sorry for this useless input!
(edited 13 years ago)
You need to go along and just give it your very best effort. If you can't do closer to 40 pressups and sit ups in a minute, you are pretty unfit. There are so few places for recruiting now, they can afford to be even more picky than ever, so you need to give it everything to prove you are worth it.
Reply 3
Cheers lads, I'll post back here after I've got results.

Thanks again :smile:
Just give it your best shot, listen to what the instructors inform you they require / expect and then go for it.

If you do get in but don't enjoy the fitness stuff, there used to be the old saying;

If you're lazy and overweight
Go and join 58

( Sorry to all the guys on 58 Sqn :tongue: )

Goodluck and hope you become a Rockape in the near future !
Reply 5
Cheers for all help.

Despite having a bad flu and bein off training for a gd few weeks I passed.....only just but a pass is a pass :biggrin:

Next step is selection and back to gym 3days a week so I should be ok on that.

Thanks again lads :biggrin:
Reply 6
what time did you run?
Reply 7
Original post by Tomm0123
Cheers for all help.

Despite having a bad flu and bein off training for a gd few weeks I passed.....only just but a pass is a pass :biggrin:

Next step is selection and back to gym 3days a week so I should be ok on that.

Thanks again lads :biggrin:

what time you do? and pressups and situps?
Why would you want to join such a mong of a regiment apart from to pretend you are special forces with M4 carbines

Quick Reply

Latest