The Student Room Group

What's the best Afro/Black male hairstyle in your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I would say any style (depending on the guy's face) except straightened hair or a Jheri. A fade I bet looks better on you than you think. People won't tease you anymore as I assume you've grown up and no longer hang around with 12 year olds. Have you considered dreads? With some kept short at the from to cover your forehead (if you must).

Like this?

or this

Sorry the first pic is a bit... :teeth: :hubba: :giggle:
Original post by Facticity

Well health issues are only secondary in modern day society... as long as were beautiful :awesome:

Spoiler

Kanye West's mother died as a result of cosmetic surgery so it is the harsh reality atm :sad:

Also there was an episode of House where a fat woman turned skinny fitness instructor was told she needed to eat more to recover from her serious illness but she instead refused because it would mean she'd be fat again. Spoiler alert. :pierre:
Reply 62
Original post by CombineHarvester

Original post by CombineHarvester
Kanye West's mother died as a result of cosmetic surgery so it is the harsh reality atm :sad:

Also there was an episode of House where a fat woman turned skinny fitness instructor was told she needed to eat more to recover from her serious illness but she instead refused because it would mean she'd be fat again. Spoiler alert. :pierre:

This is sad, but that is Kanye West so are there surprises there? :dontknow:

And yes, I am well averse with the episode. You are speaking to a House fanatic here Combine :pierre:

It seems that in modern day, being beautiful takes precedence over most other things. Just look at anorexics and bulimic and the ilk.

Anyway we have gone way off thread topic so I think we should stop before getting warned :p:

This is sad, but that is Kanye West so are there surprises there? :dontknow:

And yes, I am well averse with the episode. You are speaking to a House fanatic here Combine :pierre:

It seems that in modern day, being beautiful takes precedence over most other things. Just look at anorexics and bulimic and the ilk.

Anyway we have gone way off thread topic so I think we should stop before getting warned :p:

You're right. I think I have been warned enough recently :getmecoat:
Reply 64
Original post by Amuroray
awwwwwww is the little black girl offended as she has to spend hours applying her fake hair etc.

Hahhahahah.

I pity people like you. Ignorant vile people who seem to have one singular outlook on people, believing stereotypes and just being a complete and utter ****.

Your comment is insignificant and unnecessary, You don't know anything about me, or my hair, you can't just put people into a box.

This is a student forum, therefore implying that this is a forum for people going to/at university, and I swear the whole thing about Uni is (apart from getting a degree and all that crap) but about meeting new people and widening your understanding of different culture. It's worrying to see how ignorant people can be. In fact no, not worrying, just sickening.

Honestly, people like you really grind my gears.
Reply 65
Original post by TheBlackMonster
I'm thinking of changing my hair within the next few weeks. At the moment I just have an afro (been growing it out just under two years) and i'm getting really bored with it and want to do something different.

BUUUT, I want a style that would cover up my forehead. It's giant and I really hate it, people tease/diss me for it from time to time so I was thinking something that could cover it up slightly.

Maybe something like this? Your thoughts? I wouldnt mind straightening my hair btw, I think it looks cool for black guys.

OP, if ur really looking for afro-suitable hairstyles then I suggest that you try a site specifically for afro hair? There'll be real answers, suggestions and less racists on there.

Tsr seems to be full of threatened racists who are angry that their women love good ol' Black kok. They're pissed that Black people are swagged up. And, theyre probably even madder that in 2066, their grandkids'll have ''pube/sheeps'' hair too.

Ain't it a shame how bitterness can swallow these fools up.

P.s.
When they stop tanning, stop growing dreadlocks, stop getting lip fillers, booty implants, breast implants and stop trying to be Black, then maybe, just maybe they can diss Blackness. Until then, I suggest they stfu and let bygones be bygones.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Amuroray
this

sheep hair

And this is coming from the guy that is consumed by the fact that he has a tiny cokk?
We all know your secret. Now leave quietly.
Original post by KimKong
OP, if ur really looking for afro-suitable hairstyles then I suggest that you try a site specifically for afro hair? There'll be real answers, suggestions and less racists on there.

Tsr seems to be full of threatened racists who are angry that their women love good ol' Black kok. They're pissed that Black people are swagged up. And, theyre probably even madder that in 2066, their grandkids'll have ''pube/sheeps'' hair too.

Ain't it a shame how bitterness can swallow these fools up.

P.s.
When they stop tanning, stop growing dreadlocks, stop getting lip fillers, booty implants, breast implants and stop trying to be Black, then maybe, just maybe they can diss Blackness. Until then, I suggest they stfu and let bygones be bygones.

wow, you really have a strong point there O_O I never noticed that before lol...
Original post by bunty64
agree. apparently touchy issue amongst some black people (esp women)... chris rock made a documentary film about afro hair (not sure of the name) and it explores these issues (mainly around women and the weave and the whole cultural identity of their natural hair).....

Its called Good Hair, very funny and interesting, i can post the link if anyone wants to watch it
guys we should get back on topic with my insecurity :frown:
:bump:
Reply 72
lol you seems like a real cap so remove its to your head ..
Original post by Jinkazama
lol you seems like a real cap so remove its to your head ..

whhhha?!
Original post by Hooj
Drogba!

T.J STORM!

Eugh Drogbas hair isn't like that, he's using a very strong relaxer full of chemicals...allow
Reply 75

I want that one :awesome:
Reply 76
Original post by SHABANA
Imo, short and neat (like Drake or Marvin from JLS - his forehead isn't exactly tiny). I don't like Aston's (also from JLS lol) hair, he blatantly straightens it and it looks odd.

im latina so i guess my opinions are gonna be different but i really like dreads to chin length, and cornrows. never really seen a black dude with straightened hair, but its a mission to keep up relaxing the roots every month. shaved? or as suggested above is good too

edit: tj storm is hot
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by KimKong
And this is coming from the guy that is consumed by the fact that he has a tiny cokk?
We all know your secret. Now leave quietly.

dude i agree with all your posts, im really shocked by amount of racism on this thread. i guess society isnt as equal or open minded as the media woud have you believ.
I like corn rows - even though it's stereotypical and very common. LOL
I wouldn't reccomend a guy to relax his hair though, A. because it's really bad for it and B. because it may look a bit strange if you don't suit it.

HOWEVER - the guy in them photos looks pretty decent with it straight so. If you're sure, give it a go!

:smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Hooj
Drogba!

T.J STORM!

i think i just came

Quick Reply

Latest