The Student Room Group

Why does everyone hate the BNP?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Being ironic?
So it's alright for you to claim to be British - someone who has said they are a 3rd generation immigrant - but anyone else doing so is here to ethnically cleanse us?

And although I do vaguely understand the feeling behind it from most people, using the term "assimilation" just brings up thoughts of Hitler trying to get rid of anyone who doesn't conform to his ideal... (Before someone has a go, I'm not saying they are Nazis...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Pretty sure you won't... No-one I know feels guilty for slavery, holocaust, apartheid or any other crimes. What on earth are you basing that on? Something you just made up in your head to try and explain why people could possibly have a different opinion to your's as it's clearly the only one that can be right...

Plus, supporting the BNP does absolutely nothing whatsoever to resolve any of that. You can't claim to want more integration while supporting a party that stands for the exact opposite.

And I don't care about "white flight" etc. as I don't judge anyone based on their skin colour. Claim you don't all you want, but being concerned that more people in an area may be black than white speaks volumes. Granted, if it results in pockets where the area is basically completely foreign that would cause issues (and probably has done). But anyone claiming a solution to that is to kick them all out of the country loses any right to say they are trying to find a solution good for everyone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Most immigrants come from Ireland. Outside Europe most immigrants comes from Australia. Very white areas. Are you worried about being ethnically cleansed by these white foreigners or are you just worried about the brown ones?
Well we have China Towns in most cities, curry miles, etc. i think there great! if you're problem is with radical Islam - thats fair enough, but some of them are white british - where would you deport them to?

problem with the BNP is they won't sort out the problems in the country, which are more numerous and immediate than fundamentalist Islam and or foreigners being in the country.
but no whole city here is china town. Even areas like bethnal green are majority white despite people thinking everyones from bangladesh. But the east end is a gd example i think. It was once a Jewish area. But then eventually they moved around and now its a 'bangladeshi' area. but it will change, people will move out, integrate, intermarry etc.
Reply 226
ROFL I'm white XD though not suprised youre not good at judging character.

And yeah course it hit a nerve- its a pretty bad image your giving us with your hailariously ignorant comments. :biggrin:

bitter much?
join a rugby club, u might get less socially retarded :smile:
Reply 227
though u sound like a nob, i do actually take your point about intergration to sum extent
Please do some reaserch first next time yeah?

Well there will be no 'ethnic cleansing'. There will be more interracial breeding. There will most likely become a point when people can clain to be of almost every etheniticity. That's not a bad thing, I would say it's a good thing.

I don't get why there have been so many race threads recently. Don't people have better things to do.
Reply 229
or even a mini-polski republic in some parts! :smile:
Original post by 12345hi
though u sound like a nob, i do actually take your point about intergration to sum extent

Same here. There is a reason why I find it harder to "integrate" in to my home town, than I do in Leeds. This is because there is a lot of racism(works both ways btw), and you don't meet many mature people aged between 12-25. Within my town, the people I do tend to get on with are middle aged who are more accepting - or people who get on the Leeds train(I do get on with non racists in my age group)

ie: take this scenario. A British person could go to the USA and decide to live there. The American's might not be willing to make friends and say things such as "that tea drinking British snob has moved in with us" "I bet he still wants the USA to be under UK rule" - ie: very outdated thinking. The British person may feel isolated and find it harder to make friends or this could happen:

The person from the UK may go to the USA and think the Americans are all "rednecks and/or KKK supporters" Again by thinking this, they would find it very hard to make friends. Integration only works if both the native people and the immigrants are willing.

What I would like to know is:

Why do some people like the BNP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending