The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
JK.
OP
I swear Wilshere tries to out-GEL himself everyday. :rofl2:

Boltons matty taylor is now on twitter @MattTaylor07 be nice to him hes a nice lad!
Reply 821
JK.
OP
Apparently sky sports showed that over 8 minutes of time was wasted in the last 30mins. :colonhash:
Reply 822

Original post by JK.
Apparently sky sports showed that over 8 minutes of time was wasted in the last 30mins. :colonhash:

Tbf, Jo did get shot, in the face :colonhash:
Original post by Economist
Jo offers **** all full stop. I don't see why a team with Barry, De Jong, Milner, Toure (all as defensively strong as their attack) needs another player to have a defensive mindset, it's ridiculous. Johnson would have had offered a far better outlet than Jo to relive pressure instead you just kept inviting it on, You can't just look at the result and claim City did well, we came very close to scoring on a number of occasions

Did you see Mancini towards Johnson though when he came on. There was one time Johnson didn't get back quick enough and Mancini looked angered. They already had 10 players back ffs. I think Mancini just wanted to go with the most defensive team possible, Jo was basically playing as a defender the whole game.
I don't think anyone understands what Jo does.

Arseblog
I realise City were missing Silva and Balotelli, as well as Adebayor who didn’t even make the bench after his scrap with Kolo, but what justification is there for playing Jo. What is Jo? I don’t claim to know everything about the game of football but I know a footballer when I see one and he’s not it. Adam Johnson on the bench while this Jo gets a game. Is he someone’s brother or something? Was he there on behalf of the Make a Wish Foundation?

The difficulty from our point of view was that when a team plays defensively it’s very difficult to break them down. When you’re playing a team that plays defensively and has extremely talented defenders and extremely talented defensive midfielders, with an excellent goalkeeper behind them, it’s even more difficult to break them down. We tried hard, made a couple of chances and were the width of the post away from breaking the deadlock, but as the second half went on we also felt the effects of four games in ten days and couldn’t quite maintain the pressure of the first half.

http://www.arseblog.com/
Reply 825
That made me laugh this morning, I'm still very bitter about the whole debacle, we should have scored ffs
What would you lads think about Samba joining us?
Reply 827
JK.
OP
I think Jepp was right, he's too slow for us.
Reply 828
Original post by antonfigo

Not very comfortable with the idea. Sure, he's big and everything, but;

1) He doesn't really look like he'd fit tactically.
2) We have enough defensive backup imo.
Make a Wish Foundation....

I don't think we need him or Mertesaker, with our high line we need mobile defenders. Our defence needs sorting but Djourou has been one of our best performers since he gained match sharpness, Kos has made a number of errors but obviously has talent and as a partnership they've been solid. Then we have TV to come back....
Original post by Overmars
I don't think anyone understands what Jo does.

In a couple of games last month he has been a really good asset for Joe Hart's long punts forwards against the opposing right back (there are chalkboards to show this but I can't be bothered to find them :colonhash:).

Last night however he couldn't even pass a square ball a couple of metres so was an utterly useless outlet, but at least provided an oddly efficient Dirk Kuyt inspired defensive wing performance.
Also lol at people calling Jo a defender, he's utterly clueless defensively. It was a failed attacking move.

Original post by RobbieC
City will fall away, they'll draw too many games. They've been lucky in more games than just tonight, thinking of both their games with Blackpool.

I remain optimistic. City... don't worry me at all, they'll be 3/4 by the close of play.

That's been said all season. I don't think we'll win the league unless something amazing happens but we'll certainly be close, and if you do your usual capitulation we'll be ready to take advantage.

We've been far from lucky. Even in the two games you mentioned we conceded an offside goal and missed a penalty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 833
Original post by Jeppasloth
Also lol at people calling Jo a defender, he's utterly clueless defensively. It was a failed attacking move.

That's been said all season. I don't think we'll win the league unless something amazing happens but we'll certainly be close, and if you do your usual capitulation we'll be ready to take advantage.

We've been far from lucky. Even in the two games you mentioned we conceded an offside goal and missed a penalty.
At Bloomfield, Blackpool were on the wrong end of two awful, game-changing decisions. You'd have been lucky to draw if it had been called right. Missing a penalty isn't just about luck, it's execution.

I honestly don't think a City fan can sensibly suggest anyone else will capitulate. Of the top 3, Arsenal have less games against the 'big 5' than anyone, and WHL is our only away trip left of them.

We can win this league if we keep it close until we play United. Then we must beat them, or we've beaten ourselves out of it.
Original post by RobbieC
At Bloomfield, Blackpool were on the wrong end of two awful, game-changing decisions. You'd have been lucky to draw if it had been called right. Missing a penalty isn't just about luck, it's execution.

I honestly don't think a City fan can sensibly suggest anyone else will capitulate. Of the top 3, Arsenal have less games against the 'big 5' than anyone, and WHL is our only away trip left of them.

We can win this league if we keep it close until we play United. Then we must beat them, or we've beaten ourselves out of it.

Their second goal was offside as Taylor-Fletcher was behind Hart. Arguably Tevez's was too but we would have had a 2-1 lead if both were correctly officiated.

If it's not about luck but execution why were we lucky in the game at Eastlands?
Some united fan on my facebook:
"Thats right...THE RED DEVILS ARE THE CHAMPIONS"
:facepalm2:
Reply 836
Managed to catch a few minutes of "Premiership years" for last season, Rasmsey's goal v Portsmouth was :coma:

Huge fan of his, has so much potential. I hope the injury hasn't derailed his immensely promising career too much.
The goal against portsmouth was great -- on his weaker foot too.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-back-in-squad-for-fa-cup-tie

:biggrin:

Wilshere, Koscielny, Van Persie, Nasri rested. Gibbs will start.

Expect a strong team though.

What you don't realise about our CBs is that they are all ball playing ones..even the **** Cygan wasn't a numpty with the ball at his feet..I dunno he just looks like he could be clumsy..Gary Cahill would be a better option imo
Reply 839
Original post by JK.
The main way to get a proper personalised one like that would be through the Arsenal site or by buying it at the Armoury (Arsenal shop by the stadium) and getting it done there.

It's £49.99 on the Arsenal site. Just select the Nasri option, part way down.

You can probably find the shirt cheaper online/in store somewhere and take it to the Armoury, but unless you're going there for a game/live or work nearby anyway, the travel costs may well cancel out any money saved and the general hassle isn't worth it to save no more than a couple of quid. You will be able to find printers that'll do it cheaper, but unless it's a proper sports printer, I doubt that you'll be able to get authentic numbering/lettering. Only places that sell kits for local sunday league teams as well as the standard stuff will have these printing facilities, though, and without a good knowledge of what there is in your local area, I doubt you'll find somewhere like this.

I imagine a lot of places will sell a range of pre-printed personalised ones, but they won't have every player. Just looked on sportsdirect, a fairly well known store - the kit is £25 alone, but they offer Arshavin/Walcott/Van Persie personalisations for £30.

You can look around online and try and find a few more sports stores if you like, somewhere might have Nasri as a pre-printed option, can't guarantee it though.

Dunno if you've already spoken to him about it and he's said he definitely wants Nasri on the back, if not, you'd probably be better off saving £20-25 and getting one of the others, or getting it plain (which he may prefer to other players). It'll leave you a bit of money to either keep for yourself, get your man something else or perhaps take him out for dinner/do something with him you otherwise wouldn't have done.

thank you so much for the info! i'll prob play it safe and order from the arsenal website, at least i know i'll be getting the quality. and yeah, he wants nasri, though i think he'd prob be equally as greatful with a plain one. just if i'm gonna do it, i wanna get exactly what he wants. an its my birthday the same weekend so he can treat me for dinner, so i wont need left over money :P lol

thank you so much again! :smile: xxx

Latest