The Student Room Group

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamLowry
Here goes:

Name: SamLowry
Height: 5"11 (and a half)
Weight: 179.4lbs (12st 11.4lbs or 81.4kg)
Jeans size: 34R
Reason: Continuation of the lifestyle change I started in August 2010 which slowed down in December. Need to get fitter and lose the last few pounds that make me look fat and need to get healthier as I'm already at high risk as both my parents have diabetes.

Better late than never mate, but this one runs out in a week :wink:

But you're in plenty of time for Bootcamp IV - Bootcamp Harder (Or Bootcamp with a Vengence, Bootcamp - The last crusade, Bootcamp and the Temple of Doom)
Gym done, swimming in half an hour :woo:
Ow. Ow. Ow. Gym - X-trainer for 40 minutes. Later was swimming. Oh. My. God. I was out of breath every other lap! How can I manage other things just fine but swimming kills me? Eventually I gave up, vowed to take a day of the gym tomorrow and kick swimming's arse. Then I got in the jacuzzi :teehee: I ache all over. Muscles I didn't even know I had ache.

I used to be able to go 1 hour+ without stopping :cry:

EDIT: oh, I totally posted about the gym earlier. What can I say? I'm getting old an' me memory ain't quite what it was.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by steffi.alexa
Ow. Ow. Ow. Gym - X-trainer for 40 minutes. Later was swimming. Oh. My. God. I was out of breath every other lap! How can I manage other things just fine but swimming kills me? Eventually I gave up, vowed to take a day of the gym tomorrow and kick swimming's arse. Then I got in the jacuzzi :teehee: I ache all over. Muscles I didn't even know I had ache.

I used to be able to go 1 hour+ without stopping :cry:

EDIT: oh, I totally posted about the gym earlier. What can I say? I'm getting old an' me memory ain't quite what it was.
I'm impressed you stayed on the cross-trainer for that long. 15 mins on it and I'm already bored! Do you run at the gym? :smile:
Hey, I'm a 19, nearly 20yr old male. I've been going to the gym since the start of xmas break for about an hour a day everyday. I can almost guarantee that I can keep this up indefinitely so that's not my worry. I'm just thinking of targets so I don't get disappointed when I don't see the change I was expecting. At the start of the term in sept I was (still am but not so much) overweight and came in at 20 stone. I'm 7''1 (I've heard all the jokes :P) and I'm not sure how much I weigh now but I don't have a double chin anymore.

I dont have a date as such, just some time in the future to get fairly fit. My gym routine consists of 10 on the cross stepper, 10 on the rowing machine, and lots of weights (I can do quite heavy weights, especially ones for the back and legs, because of my height. More leverage?), particularly for the chest and stomach. At uni I'll eat a lot less than I normally do but this is probably just crisps etc because I don't have the money.

Basically I just want to look at a photo of me on the first day fo freshers and then a photo of me at this hypothetical time in the future and actually like it. Sorry for being vague.
Reply 525
:hello: Joining here for some motivation and inspiration :smile:
As a start to the new year I'm going to start eating healthily and exercising. I'm a 19 year old female, 5'3 and weigh around 7-7.5 stone (this is a bit of a guess). When I was 16 I developed anorexia and dropped to just below 6.5 stone. Now that I'm planning on 'dieting' again I'm trying to be really careful not to end up back there again, I want to be healthy and have a nice body, not be boney and ill!
So, basically, my goals are to eat less rubbishy food, more vegetables, quorn etc. (I'm a vegetarian :smile:), stop snacking! And start doing proper exercise - although I really am rather clueless about this :tongue:
I may start weighing myself once I feel more confident.
Original post by Smoosh
:hello: Joining here for some motivation and inspiration :smile:
As a start to the new year I'm going to start eating healthily and exercising. I'm a 19 year old female, 5'3 and weigh around 7-7.5 stone (this is a bit of a guess). When I was 16 I developed anorexia and dropped to just below 6.5 stone. Now that I'm planning on 'dieting' again I'm trying to be really careful not to end up back there again, I want to be healthy and have a nice body, not be boney and ill!
So, basically, my goals are to eat less rubbishy food, more vegetables, quorn etc. (I'm a vegetarian :smile:), stop snacking! And start doing proper exercise - although I really am rather clueless about this :tongue:
I may start weighing myself once I feel more confident.

7-7.5 stone is perfectly fine for your height!

Just do a bit more exercise and your body will start to look better sooner rather than later. :yes:
Reply 527
Original post by marcusmerehay
7-7.5 stone is perfectly fine for your height!

Just do a bit more exercise and your body will start to look better sooner rather than later. :yes:

I know it's ok (it is a bit of a guess though :tongue: but 7.5 stone was my natural weight before I lost all the weight, so I would assume it's somewhere around there now).

The only reason I'm really changing my diet is to help with the exercise (I've heard it's not as good to just do one or the other?), and to make me feel better...I just feel unhealthy on the inside :smile:

But thanks for the advice :biggrin: I'm looking into what sort of exercise I should be doing :smile:
Original post by Smoosh
I know it's ok (it is a bit of a guess though :tongue: but 7.5 stone was my natural weight before I lost all the weight, so I would assume it's somewhere around there now).

The only reason I'm really changing my diet is to help with the exercise (I've heard it's not as good to just do one or the other?), and to make me feel better...I just feel unhealthy on the inside :smile:

But thanks for the advice :biggrin: I'm looking into what sort of exercise I should be doing :smile:

So, you're trying to tone your body and mantain the same weight? :smile:
Reply 529
Original post by unborn-soul
So, you're trying to tone your body and mantain the same weight? :smile:

Pretty much, yep :smile: I'm not really going to watch my weight, I just want to look nice and, like you said, look more toned.
Original post by Smoosh
Pretty much, yep :smile: I'm not really going to watch my weight, I just want to look nice and, like you said, look more toned.

You should go to the gym 'curves'. The training curcuit is really good. :smile:
Reply 531
Original post by unborn-soul
You should go to the gym 'curves'. The training curcuit is really good. :smile:

I really do need to start going, this is going to sound so lame, but the idea does scare me a bit :tongue: I'd be clueless! Worst part is, I do actually have access to a free gym.
Original post by Smoosh
I really do need to start going, this is going to sound so lame, but the idea does scare me a bit :tongue: I'd be clueless! Worst part is, I do actually have access to a free gym.

Take the opportunity of using the free gym, it will do you good. :yes:
Original post by Natsworthy

Original post by Smoosh

As there's some new people joining this one, I have prepared Bootcamp IV ready for Monday to enable everyone to think about their targets etc over the weekend.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1509215

Quick Reply

Latest