The Student Room Group

Zante for a lads holiday - would you recommend it?

OK so the time has come for me and some mates to book up a holiday for the coming summer. We went to Newquay for a week last year and, though it was a laugh, the weather was s**t and there were far more blokes than girls, so this year we wanna go somewhere hot, cheap and full of clunge. We were thinking of Zante for a week, would anyone recommend it? Where else would you recommend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do it! :smile: my lad mates went last year and all came back with the word ZaNtE tattooed on there bums haa.
Or theres aiya napa, magaluf, faliraki, playa de las americas in tenerife or kos? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Wahaaaay
OK so the time has come for me and some mates to book up a holiday for the coming summer. We went to Newquay for a week last year and, though it was a laugh, the weather was s**t and there were far more blokes than girls, so this year we wanna go somewhere hot, cheap and full of clunge. We were thinking of Zante for a week, would anyone recommend it? Where else would you recommend?

My mate went there last year. Said it's great for a lads holiday, but the downer is that it's a bit of a sausage fest. It's the same with all these destinations I suppose.....too many man!

I don't really like that kinda scene anyway. Laganas is just overrun with British chavs and it looks proper tacky......I'm going with my mates to Barcelona - great nightlife, great culture, good beaches :biggrin:
I went to Zante last year and I didnt notice it being a sausage fest and Im a girl! It was pretty much 50:50. I'm off to Magaluf this year and supposedly that is a sausage fest.

I had the most amazing time ever in Zante though. I really want to go back. You will love it. I stayed in Bluebell apartments, 10 mins from the strip and 1 minute from the beach :smile: PM me if you want any info. It's defo somewhere to go.
Reply 4
I went this year with my mates and it was decidedly average- not a patch on the hype.
Huge sausage fest, and 90% of them irritating chavvy idiots. Nightlife was overrated, drink prices not great, and very questionable alcohol content in the "deals" you get offered as you go down the strip. Beaches wasn't great either.

The previous year we went to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria- and that was amazing. Loads of lovely European girls, not overrun with pikeys, dirt cheap beer, nightlife that blows Zante away, better beaches, overall just a far better holiday. But people continue to go to Zante cos it's "Zante bruvvvvv tattoo Zante on our arse yeahhh". Zante appeals to a certain (read: chav) type of person imo.
Reply 5
Just make sure you bring a snorkel as you'll be drowning in babes.
Reply 6
Friends went to Zante and said it was awesome.
I went to Zante last Summer and it was literally amazing. Me and 6 of us went, and admittedly it wasn't the nicest place. But then again, none of these places are. I didn't think it was over run with men at all, I reckon about 50/50, maybe even more girls.

We stayed in the Alexander hotel in Laganas, nice and cheap, lovely people, good drink deals (10 euro for 1 hour of unlimited drinks) and a nice atmosphere, really close to the strip.

We had SUCH a good time. Zante is one of the best party islands I reckon.
Reply 8
Original post by katebrighteyes
I went to Zante last year and I didnt notice it being a sausage fest and Im a girl! It was pretty much 50:50. I'm off to Magaluf this year and supposedly that is a sausage fest.

I had the most amazing time ever in Zante though. I really want to go back. You will love it. I stayed in Bluebell apartments, 10 mins from the strip and 1 minute from the beach :smile: PM me if you want any info. It's defo somewhere to go.

Did you go all inclusive? What are food/drink prices like?
Reply 9
I can categorically say, as a 'lad', that I would sooner pour boiling water over my own face than go on a 'holiday' to Zante.
Original post by rylit91
I can categorically say, as a 'lad', that I would sooner pour boiling water over my own face than go on a 'holiday' to Zante.

Pricless!

I am pretty certain there will not be a good ratio of women to men in this place.
Have a look beyond the malia, magaluf, ibiza, zante, cyprus, kavos, kos, benidorm, aiya napa and im sure you will find plenty of better places
I went to the north on a peaceful holiday, and may I say "lads" like you ruined most of the holiday for me. Go somewhere else where people who are actually cultured don't go to.
(edited 13 years ago)
:rofl:
I went last year, it was a bit of a **** hole but a good laugh. The sausage to clunge ratio wasn't too bad there were more lads but I am yet to find a greater than one ratio in any bar. Just don't stay in the hotel I did - villa alliri
Original post by Wahaaaay
Did you go all inclusive? What are food/drink prices like?

Not all inclusive but didnt eat loads. Drinks are so so cheap, I got 10 shots and a pint of cocktail for 5€...! The measures are huge also. I never had to predrink at all. I ended up in A&E due to the cheap alcohol though....falling on glass is never good....!! Anyway...

The food. There was a nice cheap little food place on the beach, can't remember the name though. Cubaneros was also cheap. When we ate on the strip, the best thing to do is to look interested then say you have found cheaper food, they'll barter with you. You can easily eat for 10€ max. :smile: It's amazingggg in Zante.

I'm actually jealous, I don't fancy Magaluf!
Reply 16
I had a laugh at the time as a lot of people from my college went but in reality all these islands are just overseas extensions of a crap English night clubs really.. no different from spending a week in Bracknell except its hot and you can sit on a beach to cure your hangover which is minimal as you will drink 2/3 euro 2-4-1 cocktails with free shots.

The locals will hate you and theres loads of gypsies in the street selling glow sticks/crap hats and trying to get your wallet so watch out for that one.. lots of fights as well, i got caught in some North vs South bull**** that made me despise all the 'lads' who are 'well ard' and can down it wheyyyy etc etc
(edited 13 years ago)
I personally hate anywhere with too many Brits, drunk
Girls and English people eating English food.. Urgh... Kavos was like this, tried Ibiza as the president clunge fest?
Reply 18
yeah keep sharing.....
Ideal place if you're a LAD into LAD stuff. Go for it LAD. I am sure you and all other LADS will love it.
Wheeey LAD. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest