The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sangin Know
mine was updated like 3 days ago!!

Which college and what course?
I got an offer from Durham today, it was odd knowing it was totally pointless seeing as I already have lovely Oxford :smile:...and I still don't have an insurance as they also asked for AAA. oh dear?
Original post by meganeira
Has anybody's Track updated?

By the way:

Megan
40 points
French & Linguistics
St. John's

St Jonh's here too, track yet to be updated. Hopefully it will be soon :-)
Original post by soutioirsim
What does pooled mean?

It means you're not in our out...They call you in a few days to tell you whether you got an offer, need to interview again, or got rejected.
About 3 of my friends got this. Horrible that the waiting never ends!
Reply 404

Mine did on monday... be patient though!

BTW,

History and Economics
AA
Balliol College
Reply 405

Quite a few were updated starting Monday 3rd Jan - see round about page 16 of this thread. By no means everyone tho so don't panic.
Original post by Nag o ma Scylla

Original post by Nag o ma Scylla
Hello thar :pierre:

Now that sounds more like Ancient Norse than French. As in: "Look at that, it's Thor, the god of thunder!" ;-)
Reply 407
Original post by Sangin Know
Hi! Are you gonna be doing Maths at Exeter?? (me too!) did you stay at Exeter during interview period?????

Yeah! Maths at Exeter. :smile:
Nah, I Didn't stay, but I had one interview there :biggrin:
Did you apply there?

So excited, just want to fast forward the next sorta 6 months!
Reply 408
Original post by flywithemma
I got an offer from Durham today, it was odd knowing it was totally pointless seeing as I already have lovely Oxford :smile:...and I still don't have an insurance as they also asked for AAA. oh dear?

Yah, same problem for me :mad:

Thankfully I got an offer from Leicester of AAB so I could put that there.
But that just defeats the point of having applied to Warwick and Durham. :frown:
Original post by J_Stev

Original post by J_Stev
But that just defeats the point of having applied to Warwick and Durham. :frown:

If you don't crash your car, does that defeat the point of having an air bag?
Original post by franziska69

Original post by franziska69
Received my offer in track for physics at Mansfield today! :smile:

Cheers! Same here. Did you stay at Mansfield for interviews? (as in: Do I know you?)
(edited 13 years ago)
Offer for Biomedical Sciences at Teddy (St Edmund) Hall!
Original post by shoshin
Great story, congrats! Noticed you posted on the Other University's thread (re. autopooling) and wonder why you didn't add your happy ending to that post? :biggrin: You would get negged to death of course.. but would be almost worth it to be able to tell 'em that you were all sorted now thank you very much :smile:

Ah I'm getting so much vicarious enjoyment lurking on that thread!

I was tempted but I figured it would be more modest not to mention it and just have it in my sig :colondollar:

I didn't want to write out the full story of my pooling experience either as it was the most hellish experience of my life... rejected, unrejected, pooled, deadline extended, re-rejected in February with poor communication from the college all the way through... but I guess (besides reducing me to an emotional wreck) it did motivate me to reapply as I was obviously borderline! And it's all worked out for the best. :smile:
Original post by Lumi Nous

I didn't want to write out the full story of my pooling experience either as it was the most hellish experience of my life... rejected, unrejected, pooled, deadline extended, re-rejected in February with poor communication from the college all the way through... but I guess (besides reducing me to an emotional wreck) it did motivate me to reapply as I was obviously borderline! And it's all worked out for the best. :smile:

Aww that sounds horrible! Have a very late and now also out-of-season candycane :candycane:. The potential of the application system being dragged out for ages was one of the biggest things which made me apply for Oxford over Cambridge (there were also my less than amazing AS UMS :colondollar:).
Reply 414
Original post by Lumi Nous

(besides reducing me to an emotional wreck)

I know exactly what you mean. I had a similar experience with Merton (by which I mean no disrespectful comparisons to the OTHER place, you lovely Mertonites, you!) last year, and I was catatonic until c. February, but ultimately that was the catalyst that got me off my posterior and actually made me do some work, with happy results! I guess that us re-applicants have had any hubris knocked out of us!
Reply 415
Original post by mishieru07

I am also Asian. I am from China. What about you? What is your major? I received a conditional offer which requires two A in my further A-level exams.

Original post by mishieru07
Yup; they took a while to come (I live in Asia) but arrived last week! I've sent them back, hopefully they'll reach Brasenose before 14 >.<

I thought I was ridiculously lucky to get re-allocated to a relatively small, old college with central Oxford accomodation! :tongue: Pretty much everything I wanted - I have no sense of direction so large colleges like Worcester would be quite problematic for me. I was admittedly quite mortified when I read that they had a formidable reputation for Law. :eek:

Are you firming Oxford? Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
Offer finally came through on UCAS today! At least I know it's official now. :biggrin:
Reply 417
Track updated... It feels so unbelievable!
ucas updated :biggrin: : firm :smile:
Reply 419
Hi there!
A quick question to those who received unconditional offers.

Do your Oxford letter and UCAS indicate these conditions even though you have completed your qualifications and possibly submitted the proofs:

Subject to receipt of a transcript

copies of examination certificates

or other proof of your achieved A level qualifications

These documents must reach the College by noon on 31 January 2011

I had these conditions in my Oxford letter and have already submitted the proofs. But now the UCAS letter is indicating the same conditions. Is this normal or is there a reason to worry about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending