The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Whhhhhhhaaaaaattttt??!?!

Despite the fact that your UMS and GCSEs trump mine a thousand times over?!?!

yeah, but it's not all about GCSEs and ASs, a lot rests on the interviews and test and i genuinely had absolutely no idea how they'd gone, but thought that you'd do well in that sort of situation :smile:

...also, my gcses and ums aren't a thousand times better than yours :P
Original post by Becca :)
yeah, but it's not all about GCSEs and ASs, a lot rests on the interviews and test and i genuinely had absolutely no idea how they'd gone, but thought that you'd do well in that sort of situation :smile:

Haha, you have a point, but I bet you wouldn't have thought that if I were to tell you that I didn't finish my Law Test. :wink:

My conclusion was only 2 lines long and then I ran out of time. :erm:

Clearly :colonhash:
Congratulations, of course :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Mann18

:rofl:

I love this post so much.
ITT: All the Cambridge applicants have offers, I am yet to receive mine and am strongly expecting a rejection.

Sometimes, I hate Royal Mail.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Haha, you have a point, but I bet you wouldn't have thought that if I were to tell you that I didn't finish my Law Test. :wink:

My conclusion was only 2 lines long and then I ran out of time. :erm:

I would have still said that :P a conclusion is always best left short and sweet, I don't expect mine was particularly long either!!
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Clearly :colonhash:
Congratulations, of course :biggrin: :biggrin:

well they help, but having good gcses won't get you an offer, and having ones that aren't 'outstanding' won't necessarily mean you get rejected!

Thank you :smile: Congrats to you too! Might see you in some law lectures next year assuming we both get the grades :P
Reply 1107
Course: Law Exempting
University: Huddersfield
Entry Requirements: 340 points

sent application: 15th November, 2010
offer received: 17th November, 2010

:smile:

what's better is i don't need to do a interview or a LNAT
(edited 13 years ago)
well they help, but having good gcses won't get you an offer, and having ones that aren't 'outstanding' won't necessarily mean you get rejected!

Thank you :smile: Congrats to you too! Might see you in some law lectures next year assuming we both get the grades :P

Safe assumption :tongue:
I'll see you there :biggrin:

Yeah, I just got an offer with A*A*AABBBBC at GCSE. Shows that the hype over GCSEs is crap tbh. Obviously they help, but a lot of people insist they are vital.
Safe assumption :tongue:
I'll see you there :biggrin:

Yeah, I just got an offer with A*A*AABBBBC at GCSE. Shows that the hype over GCSEs is crap tbh. Obviously they help, but a lot of people insist they are vital.

haha, well we'll assume for now that we'll see each other :P

They're not bad gcses by any means, but they're not the 'oh my god you need all A*s at gcse and 100% in AS to even be considered by Cambridge' stereotype, helpfully proving it wrong :biggrin:
OFFER- Cambridge
Conditional A*AA

WOOOOO
Original post by daisy.noble
OFFER- Cambridge
Conditional A*AA

WOOOOO

Snap.
eeeeeeeeeee congrats :smile:
Snap.
eeeeeeeeeee congrats :smile:

You too Timmona :smile:
Does lancaster send acknowledgment emails when they receive our applications??
Reply 1114
University: King's College London
Course: LLB (Law)
Offer: AAAB

But anyway I have got offers from UCL and Warwick already... :smile:

I am now desperate to hear from Cambridge(Jesus) and LSE :s-smilie:

GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF!! :rolleyes:
and btw congratulations to those who have just got offers from Cambridge!!! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1115
Original post by Bambolina123
I'm so worried about my LNAT score :frown: I sat it today and I didn't even have enough time to finish the essay... i ended it with an incomplete sentence... I'm panicking!!

AH. don't worry i didn't finish my essay either and spelt what was left of the last sentence completely wrong. suddenly i was incapable of spelling words like 'state' and 'charge'. FAIL.
it's over, so relax, panicking now will do nothing and just wait it out, i'm sure it won't be as bad as you think! :biggrin: (and even if it is you can always just forget you ever did it)
Where are you applying?
Reply 1116
Original post by garyling
University: King's College London
Course: LLB (Law)
Offer: AAAB

But anyway I have got offers from UCL and Warwick already... :smile:

I am now desperate to hear from Cambridge(Jesus) and LSE :s-smilie:

GOOD LUCK TO MYSELF!! :rolleyes:
and btw congratulations to those who have just got offers from Cambridge!!! :biggrin:

I'm too jealous :tongue: congrats! do you mind me asking what your grades were? (ignore me if im being too nosy :biggrin:)

oh and yay for all the cambridge offers! :cool:
Reply 1117
Original post by Amy124
I'm too jealous :tongue: congrats! do you mind me asking what your grades were? (ignore me if im being too nosy :biggrin:)

oh and yay for all the cambridge offers! :cool:

GCSEs: N/A (instead, HKCEE: AAAABBBC)
AS-levels: AAAAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Chinese)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics)

good luck with your application!! :wink:
Reply 1118
Original post by garyling
GCSEs: N/A (instead, HKCEE: AAAABBBC)
AS-levels: AAAAAA (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Chinese)
Predicted grades: A*A*A*A* (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Economics)

good luck with your application!! :wink:

wow. no wonder you got an offer :biggrin: good luck with the rest of your app
and thanks :wink:
Anyone else looking forward to getting their LNAT score?
It's on the fifteenth, right?

Latest

Trending

Trending