The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Career fair

Hey guys,
as some of you know, I've been accepted in the MSc finance and economis for next year.
In fact, I would like to know which companies usually go to warwick to do presentations or recruiting events ?

I think this could be interesting to know that but I didn't find anything about that in the forum.

Thank you guys !

cheers !
Reply 1
Original post by trickykid
Hey guys,
as some of you know, I've been accepted in the MSc finance and economis for next year.
In fact, I would like to know which companies usually go to warwick to do presentations or recruiting events ?

I think this could be interesting to know that but I didn't find anything about that in the forum.

Thank you guys !

cheers !

City and Finance fair from earlier this term:
ACCA , Allianz Insurance plc , Aon Limited , Bank of America Merrill Lynch , Bank of England , Barclays Capital , Barnett Waddingham LLP , BDO LLP , BlackRock , Bloomberg L P , BNP Paribas , Capco , Capital One Bank , CIMA , Citi , Commerzbank AG - Corporates & Markets , CRA Lee and Allen , Credit Suisse , Deloitte & Deloitte GUP , Deutsche Bank , E.ON Energy Trading , EMB Consultancy , Ernst & Young LLP , Fidelity Investment Manager , Financial Services Authority (FSA) , FTI Forensic Accounting Ltd , General Electric , Goldman Sachs International , Grant Thornton , Henderson Global Investors , Hewitt Associates , HSBC Global Businesses , ICAP , IMC Financial Markets , Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) , J.P. Morgan , Jefferies International , KPMG LLP , Lane Clark & Peacock LLP , LECG Limited , LEK Consulting , Liquid Capital , Lloyd's , Macquarie Group , Man Group Plc , Mazars LLP , Mercer , Milliman Limited , Mitsubishi UFJ Securities International (MUSI) , Moelis & Company , Morgan Stanley , Nationwide , NERA Economic Consulting , Nomura , Orbis Investment Advisory Limited , Oxera , Philips Electronics UK Limited , PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) , Procter & Gamble Limited (P&G) , Punter Southall Limited , RBC Capital Markets , RBS Global Banking & Markets , Rothschild , Smith & Williamson Group , Societe Generale (SG) , Standard Bank , Standard Chartered , Standard Chartered , Standard Life Plc , Teach First , Tenon Group , Towers Watson , Transport for London , UBS , Zurich Financial Services

General Graduate fair this year:
Accenture , AkzoNobel , American Express , Army Officer Careers , Aston Martin Lagonda Limited , AXA UK , Barclays GRB (Global Retail Bank) , Boots Group PLC , British Sugar Plc , British Telecommunications (BT) plc , Cancer Research UK , Catlin Group Limited , Centrica , Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) , CHP Consulting , CIMA , College of Law, The , Contact Singapore , Corporate Executive Board , CSC-Computer Sciences Corporation , Cummins , Deloitte & Deloitte GUP , Detica , Diageo , Dunnhumby Limited , E.ON Energy Trading , EDF Energy , Enterprise Rent-a-Car , Experian , Explore Learning , FactSet Ltd , GCHQ , General Electric , HSBC Global Businesses , Hymans Robertson LLP , IBM UK Limited , Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) , Jaguar Land Rover , Jane Street Europe Limited , John Lewis Partnership , Lloyds Banking Group , L'Oreal , Mars UK , Mattioli Woods , Mercer , Merlin Entertainments Group Graduate Programme , Metaswitch , Millward Brown , National Audit Office , National Grid , Nestle UK Limited , Network Rail Infrastructure Limited , Next Jump Ltd. , Philips Electronics UK Limited , PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) , Procter & Gamble Limited (P&G) , RBS Global Banking & Markets , Rolls-Royce Plc , RWE npower , Sainsbury's , SunGard , Teach First , Tesco PLC , TJX Europe , Training and Development Agency for Schools , Transport for London , Unilever , Unipart Technology Logistics , University of Warwick Science Park Ltd , Warwickshire County Council , Which? - Talent , Zurich Financial Services

Taken from the Warwick careers website. Also law fair and engineering fair but i thought these would be most relevant to you
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
You're forgetting the best part about the careers fairs - all the FREE GOODIES! So far I've got pens, penicls, notebooks, A4 paper pads, pencil cases, string sports bags, playing cards, a rugby ball, lip balm, loads and loads of sweets and chocolate, a stress ball, baseball caps, and much more!
Reply 3
Original post by Zweihander
You're forgetting the best part about the careers fairs - all the FREE GOODIES! So far I've got pens, penicls, notebooks, A4 paper pads, pencil cases, string sports bags, playing cards, a rugby ball, lip balm, loads and loads of sweets and chocolate, a stress ball, baseball caps, and much more!

When did you get that?

Remember how much stuff we got from the JPM event?
Original post by Focus08
When did you get that?

Remember how much stuff we got from the JPM event?

RBS. They sponsor 6 Nations Rugby.

JPM's freebies are awesome.

Original post by Zweihander

You can also get iPads :biggrin:
Original post by TheTallOne
RBS. They sponsor 6 Nations Rugby.

JPM's freebies are awesome.

You can also get iPads :biggrin:

Who gave out iPads? Now I feel pretty crap about my free webcam, grow your own tomatoes mini plant pot set and little thermos :frown:
Original post by polaroid13
Who gave out iPads? Now I feel pretty crap about my free webcam, grow your own tomatoes mini plant pot set and little thermos :frown:

Metaswitch were bribing people to attend their company presentation: sign up beforehand and they then draw the names from a hat at the presentation. First name out of the hat wins. Unless they aren't there, then they repeat. 4 people weren't there :colonhash: 5th person wasn't me :frown:
Reply 7
Metaswitch were bribing people to attend their company presentation: sign up beforehand and they then draw the names from a hat at the presentation. First name out of the hat wins. Unless they aren't there, then they repeat. 4 people weren't there :colonhash: 5th person wasn't me :frown:

PwC did it too, and my flatmate told me some law firm gave out an ipad in one of their presentations.
Original post by Focus08
No, remember, they gave all the money to charity. Hence NO freebies

Yeah, that was a sarcastic comment :p:
Reply 9
Yeah, that was a sarcastic comment :p:

Zweihander is going too
Original post by Focus08

Zweihander is going too

Signed up :smile:
Reply 11
Haha, it's a little late but i want to thank your for answering me :wink: