The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by teafil
I believe it's fairer for them to wait and see all of us. Those who got offers are probably reapplicants who already know their final grades or candidates that did amazingly well on the interview and that have pretty high ukcat scores etc

I don't think you have any reason to worry. It seems rational of them to wait and see all the candidates before rushing into conclusions!

Best of luck!

Also, could you share your UKCAT score? :colondollar:

668 I do believe.
Awful that I can't completely remember, need to get the score sheet out of my file and make sure.
Rest of my stats are in the about me bit...

I'm so nervous that it's me done... because a LOT of the people who got interviews in the same batch of me have now got unconditional's, and they aren't school leavers - they're in the same situation as me.
Reply 381
Original post by alilicey
668 I do believe.
Awful that I can't completely remember, need to get the score sheet out of my file and make sure.
Rest of my stats are in the about me bit...

I'm so nervous that it's me done... because a LOT of the people who got interviews in the same batch of me have now got unconditional's, and they aren't school leavers - they're in the same situation as me.

They can't have given out all unconditionals to good candidates. They have interviewed only half of the candidates till now so I'm sure they kept free places for potentially good applicants that are gonna show up to the next round of interviews. You should be patient!

I know that UKCAT account for only 15% of the applicantion, but do these people you know got have high ukcats (700+ or even 720+)?! because that would explain why they got an offer so early i.e. great scores compared to the majority of the applicants :biggrin:
Does anyone know when St Andrews opens again?
Reply 383
Original post by teafil
They can't have given out all unconditionals to good candidates. They have interviewed only half of the candidates till now so I'm sure they kept free places for potentially good applicants that are gonna show up to the next round of interviews. You should be patient!

I know that UKCAT account for only 15% of the applicantion, but do these people you know got have high ukcats (700+ or even 720+)?! because that would explain why they got an offer so early i.e. great scores compared to the majority of the applicants :biggrin:

I got 640 in my ukcat, and I got an unconditional just before Christmas, maybe are the only doing unconditionals atm to those they're 100% certain on? It must not be as many people as it seems considering how many still have to interview! Good luck :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by IrinaE
I got 640 in my ukcat, and I got an unconditional just before Christmas, maybe are the only doing unconditionals atm to those they're 100% certain on? It must not be as many people as it seems considering how many still have to interview! Good luck :smile:

Congratulations on your success! :biggrin::biggrin: Is st andrews your first choice?

Also I didn't know universities actually give out unconditional offers unless they know for sure the final grades i.e. A-levels and so on? :-?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by teafil
Congratulations on your success! :biggrin::biggrin: Is st andrews your first choice?

Also I didn't know universities actually give out unconditional offers unless they know for sure the final grades i.e. A-levels and so on? :-?

She is Scottish so will have done highers already!
Reply 386
Original post by garlicbreadman
She is Scottish so will have done highers already!

ooops.. I had no idea they have the final exams so early :colondollar: Excuse me... international applicant here
Shall we start a facebook group?

I'm undecided as to whether to go to anymore interviews as St. Andrews was my first choice!

x
Reply 388
Hi has any international applicant received an interview invitation from St Andrews?
Original post by RealisticApproach

I'm undecided as to whether to go to anymore interviews as St. Andrews was my first choice!

x

maybe a facebook group a little later? since only a small majority of people have got offers, and it'll only panic the other people

i'm in kinda the same dilemma. but i think i still might, since i like wearing my suit, and interviews are generally quite fun/exciting. :colondollar: :tongue:
Reply 390
Original post by RealisticApproach

x

i'm not going to my glasgow interview and i've withdrawn from edinburgh as well, because they're both down my list of choices. planning on going to dundee though, it's kind of my joint first. found it quite good doing it this way, gets you closer to just confirming st andys. makes it all a bit more real. plus, someone else can get your interview space, and then potential place. :smile:

hahaha, we definitely should start one at some point... but i agree, maybe not yet. :smile:
it's said this thread died :frown:
Reply 392
Original post by spacepirate-James
it's said this thread died :frown:

We can't let that happen, can we?

I'm still waiting on a response. I was interviewed late November. Not too long before March now.
hmm 2 months is bags of time :/ (imo)
Reply 394
Original post by ukcathater
Nice touch Ruanaidh wish more people thought like you!!:smile:

hahaha, now i'm embarrassed.

Are there still more interviews to be given out?
I am hoping for one!! I really want to visit Scotland.
Reply 396
Are you asked questions at the interview about the 'short article' you have to read beforehand? :s-smilie:
Original post by Eilzee
Are you asked questions at the interview about the 'short article' you have to read beforehand? :s-smilie:

yes :smile: the article isn't that long. it's roughly the same size (probably shorter), and language as an average BBC health article. and you get plenty of time to read it. nothing to be worried about.

One thing, don't forget to bring highlighters/pens to bring with you INTO the interview. And keep them in your pockets so you don't forget. You're allowed to write all over the article, and pretty colours are always useful.

anymore questions about the interview process, feel free!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by spacepirate-James

One thing, don't forget to bring highlighters/pens to bring with you INTO the interview. And keep them in your pockets so you don't forget. You're allowed to write all over the article, and pretty colours are always useful.

Thanks for the advice. Havn't heard of other uni's doing that. :smile:
Is it on a medical topic or just random articles? (If you are allowed to say :smile:)
Original post by Eilzee
Thanks for the advice. Havn't heard of other uni's doing that. :smile:
Is it on a medical topic or just random articles? (If you are allowed to say :smile:)

Definitely a medical topic. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending