The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pheebs1201
Haha yep thats me, I am unsure but at the moment Im leaning towards Warwick. I think it would be a good idea to accept a lower offer to take the pressure off a bit as I do have M.E (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am unsure I'll even get AAA. Obviously working my butt off would be worth it for Cam but alas it wasnt meant to be. I live in Cornwall and applied to Exeter because it was close to home but now im wondering if its too close lol?! Strange I know :rolleyes:

Will definitely be going to all 3 post offer open days (hopefully a fourth if I get bristol, fingers crossed...) so hopefully that'll help. I wish you TONNES of luck with St.Andrews :biggrin: x

Omg that must be really hard with ME - I have a vague idea of what it's like as I was on medication in the summer which made me ridiculously tired and I found it such a struggle to do well in my exams! Presumably at Cambridge you're only assessed through exams though? Maybe it is for the best so you don't have so much stress when it comes to uni exams if they're not worth 100% of your grade. Idk but I wish you the best of luck with your exams :smile:

I totally understand about wanting to go somewhere a bit further away - all the unis I applied to are pretty far away, St Andrews takes about 9 hrs to get to from where I live :eek: Thank you for the luck, and good luck to you for Bristol and also with choosing where to go!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I just got an offer for music!
Original post by chaz1992
So Yeh.

That's so harsh of them! But at least they're giving you an alternative lol
Original post by katynoface
I just got an offer for music!

Congratulations! :smile: Is it your first choice?
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has applied to Economics and Finance this year or is studying at Bristol now doing this course. Please inbox me so we can have a chat :biggrin:.
Reply 565
yay...i'm in and i can't wait.
Original post by hayheyley
Omg that must be really hard with ME - I have a vague idea of what it's like as I was on medication in the summer which made me ridiculously tired and I found it such a struggle to do well in my exams! Presumably at Cambridge you're only assessed through exams though? Maybe it is for the best so you don't have so much stress when it comes to uni exams if they're not worth 100% of your grade. Idk but I wish you the best of luck with your exams :smile:

I totally understand about wanting to go somewhere a bit further away - all the unis I applied to are pretty far away, St Andrews takes about 9 hrs to get to from where I live :eek: Thank you for the luck, and good luck to you for Bristol and also with choosing where to go!

Yeah I couldnt bear to be that far from home, although now I wish Id considered a few unis further away, as its really just a mental thing. I suppose Id visit home the same amount of times regardless!

Yeah being continously tired is one of the worst things, madness. Let me know when you hear from St.Andrews :smile:
Reply 567
Has anyone heard anything for either medicine or neuroscience yet? I'm wondering whether they contact you through post or via email?
Reply 568
Unconditional firm for computer science here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 569
Original post by tiggix
Has anyone heard anything for either medicine or neuroscience yet? I'm wondering whether they contact you through post or via email?

Yeah, i got rejection for neuroscience sometime in christmas holidays :frown:
was by email
Original post by mackum
Unconditional firm for computer science here.

Gonna insurance Brizzle for computer science :smile: Your year got away with an AAB offer but this year it's AAA. :frown:
Any news from the English department apart from acknowledgements?
Rejections/Offers?
Reply 572
Original post by auburnette_17
Any news from the English department apart from acknowledgements?
Rejections/Offers?

Nothing since the acknowledgement in December. They might be waiting until after the deadline. I'm very happy not to have been rejected yet, though :biggrin:
Anyone had an offer for Geography (BSc or MSci?) yet? I'm hoping they're not asking for AAA as I want Bristol to be my insurance. Has anyone been asked for anything less?
Original post by knb3
Nice! You've received an offer from KCL??????? Then whats your Firm?

Nope I haven't, waiting on LSE/KCL! Hopefully get at least one!

Haha no I haven't gotten a KCL offer (unfortunately)! :tongue: They normally ask for AAA, so unless they miraculously reduce their offer to AAB, I wouldn't put KCL as Insurance (they've asked for AAAB for some!:eek:) Firming Oxford. :smile:

Good luck for LSE (no hope for me there - rejected very early on) and KCL!! I'm sure you'll get at least one of them! Where else have you applied to?
Reply 575
Original post by nikita_atikin
Gonna insurance Brizzle for computer science :smile: Your year got away with an AAB offer but this year it's AAA. :frown:

I did IB and I got an offer for 37/45 points overall and to have 6/7 in Higher Level English, Maths, Physics and Geography what was quite demanding and much higher than I expected after reading their website and prospectus.

Good luck for your with Imperial. I missed my firm offer by one point and I got rejected, but last year was special :P Good luck!
Original post by mackum
I did IB and I got an offer for 37/45 points overall and to have 6/7 in Higher Level English, Maths, Physics and Geography what was quite demanding and much higher than I expected after reading their website and prospectus.

Good luck for your with Imperial. I missed my firm offer by one point and I got rejected, but last year was special :P Good luck!

Did you firm Imperial too? Looks like I'm gonna miss my Imperial offer this year because of how complex it is so
Bristol was the best insurance :biggrin:
Original post by hayheyley
Congratulations! :smile: Is it your first choice?

thankyouu! :smile:
Erm I'm not sure yet, I have an offer from York and an interview at Birmingham, and havn't heard from Edinburgh yet. I've never been to York or Bristol so I need to have a look at them so I can try and decide!

Have you applied for music?
Original post by katynoface
thankyouu! :smile:
Erm I'm not sure yet, I have an offer from York and an interview at Birmingham, and havn't heard from Edinburgh yet. I've never been to York or Bristol so I need to have a look at them so I can try and decide!

Have you applied for music?

Cool, good luck :smile: What instruments do you play?

No I applied for psychology and I'm just waiting on Bristol and St Andrews now. I play music though :biggrin:
Reply 579
Can bristol hurry up and reply!!!
they take their time....
all my other unis have replied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending