The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tripodd
Yeah all mine are Q300 English or Literature on it's own... I think my manchester and Nottingham ones have slightly different course code because at Nottingham I'm applied for Lang & Lit combined. Kings competition seems insane, I loved their campus and department though (the library too :colondollar:)

I think we'll hear from Nottingham this month, I've become a track addict again lols

I hope so!!! I think end of January, so hopefully when my exams are over! I've disabled ucas from emailing me as it usually goes straight to my blackberry. This way I can just NOT look til after exams! Kings actually is, I swear I'm an underachiever compared to all the others x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Was anyone of the physics applicants that got an offer as thrilled as I am about the stuff they send us, especially the university name written in galaxies? I loved it, seriously this might convince me choosing nottingham as my firm :biggrin:
Original post by CharleyChester
Anyone going to the Maths Visit day on the 9th of March :biggrin: was going in February but had to change :frown:

Bahahahahahahah!!! I just got an offer from Nottingham!!!! ABB/AAC, ****ing excellent.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by alexs2602
Bahahahahahahah!!! I just got an offer from Nottingham!!!! ABB/ACC, ****ing excellent.

G100 or G103? If you say G100 i think i might cry.

Congratulations though! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
G100 or G103? If you say G100 i think i might cry.

Congratulations though! :biggrin:

G103. Thank you very much, so happy about that. I literally punched the air.

Shame you didnt apply for G103 too, you could always have switched to the 3 year course.
My friend just got an unconditional from Notts for Nursing. And she hasn't even done her A2s yet!
G103. Thank you very much, so happy about that. I literally punched the air.

Shame you didnt apply for G103 too, you could always have switched to the 3 year course.

I might email them and ask whether i can switch/be considered for G103... but it's after the 14 day switch deadline :frown: So I doubt they'd let me. Plus i was told to stay away from the masters as the grade requirements would be lower the the Bsc!

Ah well. You going to book a visit day?
I might email them and ask whether i can switch/be considered for G103... but it's after the 14 day switch deadline :frown: So I doubt they'd let me. Plus i was told to stay away from the masters as the grade requirements would be lower the the Bsc!

Ah well. You going to book a visit day?

:s-smilie: Weird, who warned you?

Yeah, probably, just need to work out the logistics. I would like to get things out of the way first before I make a decision but that'd mean waiting until after exams so not exactly a good idea. When are you going? 9th feb? I might go that day just so I can meet up with someone who I happen to know vaguely(ie; you). I have a friend who studies maths there too but I doubt I'll be able to see her for long.
Hi, Probably a stupid question but does anyone know if you're supposed to receive anything (letters/brochures/package) from the University of Nottingham if you get a conditional offer?
:s-smilie: Weird, who warned you?

Yeah, probably, just need to work out the logistics. I would like to get things out of the way first before I make a decision but that'd mean waiting until after exams so not exactly a good idea. When are you going? 9th feb? I might go that day just so I can meet up with someone who I happen to know vaguely(ie; you). I have a friend who studies maths there too but I doubt I'll be able to see her for long.

Nah March 9th now. Can't make any of the feb dates anymore and loads of the days are full already... You'll have to check on the portal though :smile:

And my teachers at school did :frown: also i've applied for maths and stats at my other unis and from what i read in the prospectus, i could follow the stats course by doing the Bsc... Ah well. I'll just have to work harder :tongue:
Why have they still not given me an offer :frown:
its a shame because its the ideal course for me and nowhere else does it!
I haven't got an offer or rejection yes, but on the portal I can aPply for visit days?! Is that the same for everyone? X
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Hi, Probably a stupid question but does anyone know if you're supposed to receive anything (letters/brochures/package) from the University of Nottingham if you get a conditional offer?

You get a letter saying "We are pleased to offer you a place on blah-blah-blah", a booklet detailing what will happen between now and Results' Day should you choose to Firm or Insurance them and there's a bit of info about accomodation in the booklet too. Also, your department writes you a letter inviting you to a Visit Day. It's just to make everything official :smile: but a waste of paper because they could just put it on the website. Oh well, I like getting post!

Original post by Rachel_Leah
I haven't got an offer or rejection yes, but on the portal I can aPply for visit days?! Is that the same for everyone? X

Visit Days are for offer holders. When you get an offer, the department will include a letter inviting you to one.
Visit Days are for offer holders. When you get an offer, the department will include a letter inviting you to one.

Does the portal email you to say something has changed on your application or does track just update ? X
Original post by yahyahyahs
You get a letter saying "We are pleased to offer you a place on blah-blah-blah", a booklet detailing what will happen between now and Results' Day should you choose to Firm or Insurance them and there's a bit of info about accomodation in the booklet too.

I never got one of these... I feel cheated :frown:

Does the portal email you to say something has changed on your application or does track just update ? X

Track updates :smile:

You'll get one soon! I didn't get mine until a week later and my second letter didn't arrive until 15 November. Maybe there was a Christmas backlog?

What CharleyChester said. My UCAS updated first then my Portal was changed a couple of days later.

I'm waiting for accomodation to open... 1 March is too far away!
Reply 796

Same :frown: and I got my offer first week in December. I hate the post :frown:
You get a letter saying "We are pleased to offer you a place on blah-blah-blah", a booklet detailing what will happen between now and Results' Day should you choose to Firm or Insurance them and there's a bit of info about accomodation in the booklet too. Also, your department writes you a letter inviting you to a Visit Day. It's just to make everything official :smile: but a waste of paper because they could just put it on the website. Oh well, I like getting post!

Thanks! It's been 2 weeks though I'm guessing it'll take longer than usual (International here!)

Plus haven't told anyone in the family about the news, It'll be a great surprise!
You'll get one soon! I didn't get mine until a week later and my second letter didn't arrive until 15 November. Maybe there was a Christmas backlog?

Original post by Rowan06g
Same :frown: and I got my offer first week in December. I hate the post :frown:

Hopefully it is just the christmas backlog... I would like one soon though, I'd really like some post ^^
Hopefully it is just the christmas backlog... I would like one soon though, I'd really like some post ^^

Well it's a pretty big backlog - headphones that I ordered before Christmas have only just arrived *grr amazon*.

Even if you don't get a letter, you have an offer via track and that's official.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending