The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

UCAS track updated for me as well :smile:

Original post by Omio
Hi there!
A quick question to those who received unconditional offers.

Do your Oxford letter and UCAS indicate these conditions even though you have completed your qualifications and possibly submitted the proofs:

(...)

I had these conditions in my Oxford letter and have already submitted the proofs. But now the UCAS letter is indicating the same conditions. Is this normal or is there a reason to worry about?

Funnily enough, no, I wasn't asked for proof of anything. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. I would not expect the colleges to change the offer simply because the conditions happen to have been fulfilled between formulating of the offer and its arrival at UCAS.
Reply 422
Add me please;

open offer, engineering science!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa finally, ucas updated!
So its real after all!! :biggrin:
Add me now, EEM in Worcester
I'm a UK applicant, but from what I understand UK applicants starting in 2011 will miss the increase in tuition fees, and we will remain at the ~£3k ish tution fees, probably maxing at £4k at the end of our degree. So maybe that will be the same for EU applicants, and you too will miss the increase in tuition fees.
Track updated! :biggrin:
Feels so good to have 5 Conditionals, like even though I haven't actually made it in anywhere it feels like an achievement. :smile:
Original post by cysxmy
I am also Asian. I am from China. What about you? What is your major? I received a conditional offer which requires two A in my further A-level exams.

Singaporean, but ethnic Chinese! :smile: Which part of China are you from? Are you currently studying in the UK? (I thought students in China take the ???)

My subject is Law, my offer is 3As though. :s-smilie:
Reply 427
an unconditional on track - beautiful
Reply 428
Original post by rev_pain
an unconditional on track - beautiful

Played for and got! That's As Good As It Gets :smile:
Reply 429
UCAS updated - phew - just one offer left to get, to get the full set!
Reply 430
Has anyone's UCAS updated already, when they were initially told February in their acceptance email/letter as when UCAS would update?
Original post by JAR12
UCAS updated - phew - just one offer left to get, to get the full set!

Yay another pembrokian!

You know that the college colours are Pink!

We are the Pembroke Pinkies! :colondollar:
UCAS updated :smile:. There goes those residing worries that Oxford had sent me an offer by mistake.
Reply 433
Original post by killfestab
UCAS track updated for me as well :smile:

A tough choice isn't it? BioMed or Medicine..:s-smilie:
Original post by manthew
A tough choice isn't it? BioMed or Medicine..:s-smilie:

Im keeping an open mind right now and trying to enjoy the fact that i got into oxford...

ill make the decisions after the jan exams... when my head isnt hurting :P
Reply 435
For some reason, ucas updated AGAIN, but nothing changed?
Oxford's Unconditional became a link, to a page telling me it was still Unconditional?

Not gonna lie, I was really really worried it said "Yeah... we made a mistake."
Reply 436
Original post by marieparis22
UCAS updated :smile:. There goes those residing worries that Oxford had sent me an offer by mistake.

Had it not updated already for you?

Mine updated twice, kinda worried they made a mistake.
Reply 437
I would be happy if my UCAS updated again! :biggrin: The conditions they gave are certainly a mistake - I have to get 14 points in chemistry, but I don't have chemistry! :biggrin: - so I hope they change that soon. I already informed them about that. :s-smilie:
Reply 438
All these people having UCAS update twice for Oxford, mine hasn't even updated once :biggrin:
Reply 439
So glad to have the UCAS update, though it's odd to have only one conditional, and that from the top uni - I wonder what's taking the others so long (well, UCL rejected me already, but I don't really want to stay in London and couldn't put it as insurance because they might ask for an A* so I'm not too bothered).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending