The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by QBasti
got an offer from churchill for computer science, still shaking and so happy :smile:

anybody know what
"The College is admitting you on the basis that you are capable of achieving a First or II.1 in University examination;" means?

If you are currently studying at uni it means you need to get a first or 2.1 degree to get in..bt that seems al il odd, if u are still in school I THINK ( but this is just my interpretation) is that you are getting in because they believe you are capable of achieving a first or a 2.1 (higher second) class degree at university
ps: CONGRATS!!!! :biggrin: im still waiting...
Reply 361
Original post by gewelz93

Original post by gewelz93
If you are currently studying at uni it means you need to get a first or 2.1 degree to get in..bt that seems al il odd, if u are still in school I THINK ( but this is just my interpretation) is that you are getting in because they believe you are capable of achieving a first or a 2.1 (higher second) class degree at university
ps: CONGRATS!!!! :biggrin: im still waiting...

yeah i'm still in school, i was just wondering..
still cant believe it, completely unexpected, because my interview and math test didn't really go the way i hoped they would.. and besides the british mail must be all over those letters, it just took 2 days to arrive here in south germany, never received anything from england that fast!

ps: good luck with yours :wink:
Reply 362
Original post by cpdavis
Got an offer for maths at Emmanuel!!!

A*AA plus 11 in STEP II and III :biggrin:

Well done!!! Did you email them? It looked like they were pretty well prepared for the influx of phone calls with that bastardly automated message!
Original post by bircho
Well done!!! Did you email them? It looked like they were pretty well prepared for the influx of phone calls with that bastardly automated message!

Yeah I emailed them yesterday at 2pm, then they emailed me this morning! Have been shaking since!!!!
Reply 364
I cant believe it i cant believe it.
Oh my god.
Reply 365
yeah!!!
they replied to me 15 min after my email!!!
conditional offer~~~~la~la~la
Reply 366
Churchill College - Veterinary Medicine :smile:
Need an A* in my chemistry resit (Sat my A-Levels last year and got A* in Maths and A's in Biology and Chemistry)
Original post by CountDuckula
Congrats! Hope you get those grades - Selwyn is amazing :smile: I applied there too, but didn't get the letter today...I'm hoping they don't send out all the offers today then rejections tomorrow :tongue:

Thank you! I hope so too and yes Selwyn is so beautiful :smile:
Fingers crossed,let me know when you get the good news!

What did you apply for?

I dont think so my friend got hers today and it was an offer
Original post by anoushka1
Thank you! I hope so too and yes Selwyn is so beautiful :smile:
Fingers crossed,let me know when you get the good news!

What did you apply for?

I dont think so my friend got hers today and it was an offer

I applied for medicine...and it looks like I'll be seeing you next year! Got my offer today :biggrin:
I applied for medicine...and it looks like I'll be seeing you next year! Got my offer today :biggrin:

Yay!!!! Well Done Medicine at Cambridge is the holy grail, thats amazing!

:smile:
Oh. My. God.

Never in a million years would I have thought I would end up posting on this thread. :biggrin:

Selwyn College
Modern and Medieval Languages
Conditional Oct 2011

See ya round, guys!

Ps: Selwyn people, let's start getting in touch :wink:
Original post by .:VivaLaVida:.
Yay :smile: Trinity Hall medic here :biggrin:

Hey - congrats on the offer!! And for medicine too - just a little impressive!
Reply 372
Original post by LewisB101
Hey

I got an offer today (on my birthday :biggrin:). A*AA for economics at Robinson. Anyone else with offers for economics or from Robinson drop me a PM - it'd be great to get to know some of you before October :smile:

Congrats to all those with offers.

Heya, I haven't posted on this site in ages BUT being curious wanted to see if there were many robinson incoming freshers :smile:

Im current fresher there doing law, but I have a couple of economist friends. Congrats!

p.s we have the best food
has anyone received an offer for pps from downing?
Original post by whatsthestory
Oh. My. God.

Never in a million years would I have thought I would end up posting on this thread. :biggrin:

Selwyn College
Modern and Medieval Languages
Conditional Oct 2011

See ya round, guys!

Ps: Selwyn people, let's start getting in touch :wink:

Selwyn? Snap! We need to make a group of us lol Congrats on your offer!!

Selwyn? Snap! We need to make a group of us lol Congrats on your offer!!

Snap indeed! Haha.
I'm so over the moon right now!

I suppose you've had your offer then! What subject?
Original post by lalamouche
Hey - congrats on the offer!! And for medicine too - just a little impressive!

thanks, congratulations to you too! I'm so excited, I was sure I was going to be rejected haha :smile: See you there :smile:
Reply 377
Downing for Law M100 :biggrin:
so incredibly happy!!!!!
Reply 378
Engineering at Magdalene. YEESSSS! :biggrin:
A*AA (For further Maths, physics and chemistry-in any order).
Original post by whatsthestory
Snap indeed! Haha.
I'm so over the moon right now!

I suppose you've had your offer then! What subject?

Just found out today :biggrin: it's for medicine! That was why I was so convinced of a rejection - everyone else at interviews seemed to think theirs had gone really well and I thought I'd messed up lol
Never thought I'd type this on this thread but... see you soon fellow Selwyn-ian :biggrin:
It'd be cool to see some TSR ppl in real life :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest